It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Women have an amazing ability to forgive and forget. More like forget. I'll get into an arguement or something with my girlfriend, than like an hour later she acts like nothing happened. I'm like "but but you said I was a .. (insert any word that is meant to pierce my heart in the worst possible way here). I think when women blow off steam its gone after that but they can be quite cruel in the process... men tend to cling and dwell and plan on how to escape.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Men, on the other hand, are such simple dumb beasts that we tend to believe when a woman says "fine" after asking how her day was...it means just that....fine. WRONG.

We don't BELIEVE it, we just translate it to: "I'm not fine, but I'm done arguing about it...I reserve the right to still be ticked at you for it (whatever it was), but any further discussion will only tick me off more"

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah, especially when your other option is "we need TO TALK. We are going TO TALK about this until we SOLVE it."

Which translates as "we are going to talk about this until I'm right."

Not that my relationship is like that. ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Women eh, cant live with them and cant live without them.

Now, back to ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

The problem originates from a very simple place - Women are smarter than men.

Source on that please.

It's wrong, in fact, highly intelligent men outnumber women 8 to 1 in the upper IQ ranges.

I do however agree that women are way more in tune with emotions and emotional intelligence as well as body language and the language of attraction.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

You have to be, because women never say what they really mean to each other (and rarely to others).... I've seen you gals outwardly smile and be friendly with women you absolutely despise. I've heard you snipe behind their backs while greeting them with a hug....

Not judging...but just saying that this lack of directness is why women can clue on such subtlety better than men. If we don't like you...we generally let you know. If you did something to upset us, we let you know, and strive to come to some agreement on the next step.

Not saying one way is "better" than another...just "different" ways of handling things.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue

Mayabong, what's up with the "prickly" post?
IMO, I would link it to the Egyptian priest class ending the Matriarchal paradigm and replacing it with the Patriarchal system we have now. I have heard this case argued and I think it has a lot of merit. The Divine Feminine & Masculine are out of balance, that is all.

Good, let it be out of balance. Matriarchal societies had a thing for male human sacrifice and child human sacrifice. They deserved to end.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

While I can't say I disagree I have to inform you I'm not a woman.

I just happen to like elven space chicks!

But I do understand the female psychology quite well being what some would call an 'empath', or at least I'd like to think that I do.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Yep, meant to say "you women", (and direct to women) not you directly. (as yeah, you never know someone's gender online).

That said though, you have to assume that if you have a female avatar, there's a good chance many will assume a matching gender...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Are women irrational, emotional, catty, bitchy, and illogical because the way men have treated them throughout the centuries? OR have men treated women badly through the centuries because women are irrational, emotional, catty, bitchy, and illogical?

Do you have any proof that this has always been?

Or do you think that this is a more recent development, induced by media influence to tear the nation apart at the seams?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Are women irrational, emotional, catty, bitchy, and illogical because the way men have treated them throughout the centuries? OR have men treated women badly through the centuries because women are irrational, emotional, catty, bitchy, and illogical?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Women are this way more to other women than they are to men.

So, given that, no...I think they are the way they are due to their historical interaction with other women...not from interaction with men.

In a relationship, the LAST thing men want is conflict. It's why the key to a happy marriage is "Yes Dear". Sure, you gals get to be "right", but we get to have the discussion over. We're both happy, and we move on. Yay!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
well to tell you the truth i was a sweet person i was innocent and then a hole made me into a mean person i so wish i was the same me i was 10 yrs ago i wasnt always depressed with life as it has turned out to be like mabe one day my dreams will come true

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I've only had one woman in my life and I am still with here so I can't say anything about other women but the problem with my wife is.............she worries too much.

I believe it's a trait that all women share (must have some evolutionary explanation). I imagine it's frustrating when you are loosing sleep over something "trivial" (

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

(puts on helmet and hits post)
edit on 28-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

I suggest you reread your history. Most human beings where treated horribly by the men and women at the top for thousands upon thousands of years. Heck the average man has only universally had the right to vote for barely a Century.

Most men who fought and died for Britian during WW1 didn't have the right to vote. Most of the Young Men who where conscripted, enslaved against their will to fight didn't have the right to vote.

When women suffer the coal mines, conscription for a government they can't vote for maybe then I would be sympathetic to "women's suffering".

Because if you look at history, history is nothing more then a long story of men suffering, dieing; all the while most women are perfectly safe and comfortable, only suffering from boredom.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
I suggest you reread your history. Most human beings where treated horribly by the men and women at the top for thousands upon thousands of years. Heck the average man has only universally had the right to vote for barely a Century.

Most men who fought and died for Britian during WW1 didn't have the right to vote. Most of the Young Men who where conscripted, enslaved against their will to fight didn't have the right to vote.

When women suffer the coal mines, conscription for a government they can't vote for maybe then I would be sympathetic to "women's suffering".

Because if you look at history, history is nothing more then a long story of men suffering, dieing; all the while most women are perfectly safe and comfortable, only suffering from boredom.

Conscription is a modern invention, most soldiers have been professionals for a good many centuries, and until fairly recently, when they started checking, a good number of women too would seek their fortune that way too. They even had a name, Polly Olivers. Women too disguised themselves as men in order to work in other professions, such pretense, when women had no rights and freedoms beyond those benefacted to them by men, was their only chance at independence of movement and choice. Many girls were raised as boys in order to receive financial support, or to enable them to receive an education.

Not all women sat on their well padded laurels in comfort and boredom, just as not all men were enslaved to their masters, though all women were, no matter high status they were, they were still second. A male slave could keep female slaves, a female had no such reciprocal rights and while a male slave could earn his freedom in coin, a female slave was expected first to bear her master three new slaves before her manumission would even be considered.

It is not a competition to see who is the most hard done by, some women have had it easy, as have some men, but in the end we are all individuals and all responsible for exercising our own choices and actions. If we have them. Some human beings will take the first thing that is offered them, sell themselves out to the highest bidder rather than put in a little effort or go against the tide. Women may have had a longer struggle for equality, but that does not seem to make them any more self-aware generally of how those rights were earnt, because not all women today have had to struggle and they easily forget the shoulders that they stand on. As do men. One of my heroes is John Lilburne. He would have been nothing, achieved nothing, had he not had the support and equally determined convictions of his wife, who continued his work and raised his children after his death. We're in this together. I do not expect men to have sympathy for the 'suffering of women', because women as a global collective, on the whole do not suffer, or they have the means at their disposal to help themselves out of that suffering, but some women do still suffer and have no recourse in law, as do some men.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Wow... Besides being a homophobe you are a sexist too. Let me guess, you are the current Grand Wizard of the KKK as well?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Calm blue ocean Sus...
CALM.........BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...OOOOOOCCCCCCCCEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAANARGH!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I believe a man's stupidity doesn't allow him to grasp the complexity of a womans thought.

Shouldn't you be out fixing a womans car or something hoping you'll get lucky because your so "manly"?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The majority of criminals in the world are men......this makes women grouchy.....and many women are also victims and/or survivors as the result of the inappropriate actions of men put upon them.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you learn these 9 rules,you should do just fine.
Women arn't the problem,it's the men misunderstanding them is the problem.

My friends and I were joking about how men and women just don't understand each other sometimes and I was reminded of this: 9 Words Women Use 1) Fine This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up. 2) Five Minutes If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house. 3) Nothing This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine. (refer to #1) 4) Go Ahead This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It! 5) Loud Sigh This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.) 6) That’s Okay This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake. 7) Thanks A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ . that will bring on a ‘whatever’). 8 ) Whatever Is a woman’s way of saying F– YOU! 9) Don’t worry about it, I got it Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer to #3.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join