It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Know Who is a Government Employee on this Website

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Moderators remove posts due to T&C infractions, period. There is no other agenda. If your posts are being removed maybe it's not what you say, but how you say it.

IMO it is a total cop out to blame moderation for poor communication skills or an inability to effectively debate within the guidelines set out by the T&C. If there is an issue with post removal for any member, simply U2U the moderator who removed the post and ask why it was removed. if that provides no resolution for you, use the complaint. feature to bring the issue to the attention of the entire staff. Using this feature creates a thread in a forum that only staff can see - the entire staff - and such complaints are taken seriously and are investigated and discussed.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A couple of theads to point out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Is ATS Supporting Ignorance Concerning Chemtrails? I think so.

The thread above is about ATS' long standing skeptical view on chemtrails despite MANY ATS users

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

This thread has basically 100 pages of the same small group of people controlling everyone else's opinions and research. Despite many ATS users researching volcanic activity and unusual seismics in the New Madrid Fault Zone... it is still excused as "hydro-fracturing".

Retired USAF pilot Col. Guy S. Razer says 9/11 was 'inside job' perpetrated by US government

This thread showing that an AMERICAN MILITARY MAN... not some fat slob sitting in a computer chair... has winessed compelling evidence to believe September 11th was an inside job. Still the disinfo agent run rampant.

The evidence is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27

1) They are debunkers.

weird, if i see a lie i call it a lie.

2) They offer no valuable information.
Any information no matter how minute, is still information. and all intel is valuable.

3) They refuse credible information and demand "proof".
2 things here in this number, refuseable of "credible" info, what makes credible? FOX, CNN, Jehovas witnesses?
Now for the proof part, Deny Ignorance, nuff said?

4) They refuse thus said proof.
proof in who's eyes? some scientists think others work is balserdash, proof is sometimes a very big word.

5) They choose to reply with insults and one-liners to de-rail threads.

I like 1 liners, sometimes they fit. as for the name callers and their ilk, agreed.

6) They have an unusually high number of people agreeing with them (other agents).

Not necessarily true here, we do have our share of village idiots but we do gots some sharp individuals too.

7) They change the path of information to throw you "off the trail".

?? huh??

8) Moderators will choose to delete your posts and not their posts.

This has happened to me but, it is their ball and they may choose to go home and leave us standing on the court, we may also just leave the game if we choose to, or make our own game, there is more than 1 conspiracy site on teh web.

9) They launch "walls of text" to confuse others and fake scientific/military jargon and slang.

I too have seen these walls and i myself do not speak legaleese, i generally disregard something that makes my brain muscles hurtez.

10) When all else fails, this thread is hidden under trash threads or deleted.

So i may say anything i like as this will be web dust soon?

I am certainly not a Gumment employee or a rich corporate thug, my benefits package is way too small and my cash wants is waay too big!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't think there are any agents posting on here.
I think they are just taking down our info,
and,one by one making us disappear
and replacing us with a clone.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Xiamara

I'm a truth agent hired by the people .

I want proof!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The cat is actually a reptile, look at it's eyes for fsake.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How do you feel about people that claim to be "in the know", but refuse to show proof because "you should do your homework", or "I'm not spoon feeding you".. when they have not offered up anything but an objection to one of your claims (that has been documented to be true on many occasions, and is undeniable IMO). He then proceeds to call you gullible, and tells you to read a book.

Could the scenario I described be related to this thread?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

So basically what you're saying is that anyone with a different opinion of yours is a disinfo agent?

Then when you get angry and write a harsh, demeaning, ad hom packed rebuttal to the poster that disagrees with you, and your post is deleted because of the numerous T&C violations, that is proof that gov. disinfo is involved?

How do you prove somebody is NOT a government paid agent?
edit on 28-2-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Most likely

Usually it's something like this:

I start thread with compelling extra terrestial evidence
Most posters claim it's chinese lanterns (government agent inside joke)
others claim they need PROOF
if you show proof, they say it's debunked
NEED MORE PROOF

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by AnotherYOU

I will watch as the sheeple keep adding stars to your silly post.

...for all i know, its people who use terms like sheeple who are the bad guys...

...on topic - - - - just because someone works for the government and visits ats, it doesnt mean they're here to spy on anyone... my baby brother works for the government... i've mentioned him before... us olders dropped him on his head a few too many times - so, its highly unlikely that he's a spy cuz the boy can barely figure out which shoe goes on which foot... jk, mostly...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by 9Cib27

So basically what you're saying is that anyone with a different opinion of yours is a disinfo agent?

Then when you get angry and write a harsh, demeaning, ad hom packed rebuttal to the poster that disagrees with you, and your post is deleted because of the numerous T&C violations, that is proof that gov. disinfo is involved?

How do you prove somebody is NOT a government paid agent?
edit on 28-2-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

I don't understand what you're saying... where is my anger or harsh rebuttal? I am just calmly chatting about a conspiracy theory. you seem mad...

It's easy to prove who isn't a government agent... go do your homework or show proof you don't know how

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I use the word sheeple because it's a fun combination of the words "people" and "sheep"... and your family story has nothing to do with this thread. Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Not trying to be rude here or anything, I've always believed a person can have whatever opinion they chose. But I would like to respectively disagree with some of your statements on the list.

1) They are debunkers.

Just because someone debunks something, doesn't mean they're disinfo agents. It just means they share a different view or belief on the subject.

If they debunk or disagree, one should offer their reason why, but sometimes they may not have time to, or just don't know how. In other words, they believe something may be false but don't know how to properly lay out evidence. Sometimes they just may want to debunk something and just don't feel like explaining why.

Credible information can sometimes be misleading. Words can get misconstrued or taken out of context. Sometimes the person reporting the information may have gotten it wrong themselves. "Proof" or hard evidence is for more powerful than "information". Information is not solid proof. Solid proof or evidence is what makes solid information. Can't blame someone for asking for that.

Proof isn't anything without hard evidence. You have to have hard evidence from every aspect of the subject.

I don't think anyone should ever insult anyone for any reason. A lot more can be accomplished if the discussion is keep civil and debated positively or worked out. But we are human and tend to disagree. Some take it harder than others and often loose their temper. Though it's not the way to go, it doesn't mean their a dis info agent or gov't agent. It just means they don't agree and can't persuade you otherwise to believe what they do, therefore, they get frustrated and resort to insults. Just human nature, not any kind of agent.

6) They have an unusually high number of people agreeing with them (other agents).

Not necessarily, it' usually people that agree with them. Sometimes you may notice these people have low posts counts. This doesn't mean their affiliated. A lot of times people are scared to post their beliefs solely because of fear they will be attacked. So they will wait for one person to discuss it or rebutt something then join in with them. Then the of course more follow. That's all that is.

I think thats just simply disagreeing and trying to prove their point. Maybe not the best way, but the way they may think is best.

Mod's usually have their reason's. I can't really comment any further than that.

9) They launch "walls of text" to confuse others and fake scientific/military jargon and slang.

Not sure what this means, guess i'd have to see an example.

Once again, I guess this would be up to the Mod's? For whatever reason they choose to do this, it's what they feel is best for the site for whatever reason they may have. Not my dept. Sorry.

I've been called a dis info agent on youtube and many other sites for simply not agreeing with people and sharing my own opinion just like they have on whatever subject. I promise you, lol, i'm nothing of the sort.

One thing we have to always remember about Conspiracy Theories, is they're just that...Theories. People will always question and deny. That's being caution about what they believe in or accept as truth. Doesn't always mean they disinfo agents or debunkers.

edit on 28-2-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

McCarthy?
Is that you?

He's alive!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79

Credible information can sometimes be misleading. Words can get misconstrued or taken out of context. Sometimes the person reporting the information may have gotten it wrong themselves. "Proof" or hard evidence is for more powerful than "information". Information is not solid proof. Solid proof or evidence is what makes solid information. Can't blame someone for asking for that.

Proof isn't anything without hard evidence. You have to have hard evidence from every aspect of the subject.

I promise you, lol, i'm nothing of the sort.

What is hard evidence in your opinion?
And why lol after a promise? Doesn't seem sincere...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There is a way to tell who the disinfo agents really are . See here:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Meh. Just for the fun of it...

1) They are debunkers.

Irrelevant.

Debunkers I guess. Untrue. More often than not they will pass valuable and interesting information that just goes straight to deaf ears.

Debunkers again, I guess. Untrue. They refuse speculation. And ask for proof.

Debunkers, right? If it's a glitch, an artifact, more speculation or it doesn't make sense, yes.

Bad bad debunkers again...but I see these types of replies from both sides of the fence, sorry.

Oh, you mean other debunkers, right?

Funny that I see this tactic used on both sides of the fence...must be me...

ok...so mods are debunkers too, right? Wrong.

See this from both sides as well...

Bad bad mods again, right?...oh sorry....I mean debunker mods...

To conclude, here is what I learned from your thread:

Debunkers are Government employees. Others that agree with them are Government employees. Mods that do not delete their replies are Government employees. WOW...

This means that more that half the membership are on the payroll !!!!!!!

Following your train of thought, I must be a Government employee too, right??

Wrong again. Sorry.

But it was fun!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I use the word sheeple because it's a fun combination of the words "people" and "sheep"...

...gosh, how informative - like no one knew that for the last 30yrs or so...

and your family story has nothing to do with this thread.

....it had MORE to do with the topic than your snippy replies to those who dont agree with you...

Thanks for sharing though.

...so we can add disingenous to our checklist on you... okeedokee - thx for cooperating...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

just noticed it

thnks for the l
need that, ok now back to the topic, i doubt that they would admit it, even though they say they are not one. to me it depends if they say no or if they could be or "i have not thought of it that way" when one says no no no or yes yes yes to many times then you wonder, for know one can say yes or no for certain, what if or could be is for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Hard evidence? Depends on what the subject is.

Sorry about the "lol" after promise. It wasn't meant to mean anything sinister. It was suppose to mean, "me a disinfo agent, funny". You know? One of them kind of things. No hidden meaning or anything like that to it. Just a harmless lol. Trying to be down to earth.

Seriously, you'd probably feel better if you didn't over analyze eveything and just relax. Not trying to tell you what to do, just a friendly recommendation. The reason I say that, is because when you think someone means something totally opposite of something else just because they put a "lol" in there, then you can't be relaxed and at peace.
edit on 28-2-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join