It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Program & Breakaway Civilization to Be Unveiled!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Look. I don't care about the money. Let them make some. Let them pay for the venue. Big Deal. POINT TAKEN, OK???? Now: What do you have left? Hoagland? Gimme a big break here, folks. These guys are not "unveiling" anything new. This theory is well known. Dolan has been pushing this for years. It's the same old same old. I don't mind one bit that they are doing it or even what they are saying. My objection is the idea that this is something new and exciting. Click on their links and have a good old time exploring the past of the UFO issue. Or pay the $100 and hear the same old speeches you've been hearing on the Paracast or Art Bell for years.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mez353

Lol me too, IF he does gives even ONE piece of EVIDENCE.
Then it will be $100 well spent.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Mmmmhm, i agree.

On topic, i think i will bother with the worldly problems that can be proven, rather than the ones in outer space that i can do nothing about.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hate these parasites.

2nd line to say....I still hate these parasites.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Meh 3rd april? If they had groundbreaking news or evidence they wouldn´t wait that long. But who knows. I´ll just wait and see what they have got.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I could go, but then again, lets see, £72 for ferry crossing, £40 for entry, food , hotel for the night, taxi to venue, I would estimate at least £300 minimum to see 4 speakers tell me stuff I probably already know hmmm lets see, I think i'm busy that weekend

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not a bad deal,$100 for all these top comedians in
one venue,it's a shame David Wilcock can't make it.

edit on 28-2-2011 by ho chi minh because: spelling...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

FICTIONAL Secret Space Program & Breakaway Civilization to Be Unveiled!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Kojiro

Peter Levenda.. author
Timothy Good.. author
Richard C. Hoagland..author
Richard Dolan.. author

See the connection .... buy my book

I have massive doubts about Hoagland. Don't know enough about Lavenda. However, Good and Dolan have done some good research.

I have absolutely no problem with them making a living out of what they do. I make a living out of what I do. The rest of you who work do too, unless you're stupid! If I was more successful I'd expect to make more money... Does anyone have a problem with that?

If they were ripping people off by falsely promising they will meet an alien then fine - tear them to bits. But give me a break. If anybody can dedicate themselves full time to something they are passionate about and make a living then good luck to them. Give me a break, isn't that the American way? The land of opportunity - unless you are interested in UFOlogy.

Off topic: I just had an idea. Maybe it's time I had a career change.

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: add off topis

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
$100 is not a bad price for a couple tickets to a good concert, an stand up comedian show, a play, opera, etc.

I imagine that this should not be taken for anything more than entertainment, not very good entertainment at that. Unfortuantely it will!

The tickets should be no more than $16 - $20 each.

JJust curious, does anyone know if any of the listed speakers ahs been subscribing to the March 2011 pole-Shift theory?

If so then it sould be obvious they know it is bunk, scheduling lectures after the supposed event........ I will have to check into that, before bashing them for it and not knowing, that would be truely ignorant on my part.

Either way, thanks OP, for bringing this up. It would be interesting to learn anything new they might present - if only to be able to recognize it when it is regurgitated on the i-net.

I hope these guys NEVER get any REAL evidence or information! They have cried wolf so many times no one would ever take them seriously.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Don't know enough about Lavenda.

Peter Lavenda is an occultist, a big name in the New York underground occult scene during the 1970s. He is not generally known for being associated with the UFO field. He is best known however, as a hoaxer, the author of the "Simon" edition of the Necronomicon.

Here's a great article about Lavenda and the 70s occult underground...

The Doom That Came to Chelsea

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

My point was that this is not going to deliver anything new , they are all writers fishing for customers with promises of new secrets too be reveled , when in reality it will just be a rehash of old ideas and assertions with no evidence to back them up .
As nerbot says , they are parasites , feeding off people that no no better but too buy into their version of Ufology .
I don't trust anyone that makes money from this subject .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Peter Levenda.. author
Timothy Good.. author
Richard C. Hoagland..Hoaxer-Wanna be taken seriously
Richard Dolan.. author

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I guess he needs a new revenue stream now the Cydonia face has gone bottom up

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Thanks for the info, WingedBull. I was wondering why I didn't know much about him.

reply to post by gortex

Gortex,

I see where you are coming from to a point. That's the nature of the beast I guess. To continue to make a living, the UFO writers have to produce more and more sensational material in order to sell books. The temptation has to be there to go down that path. If you don't make a breakthrough it must be better for their career to rehash stuff and put it out as new.

I would say though, that it is possible by hard work to make breakthroughs with solid research. Tim Good has put some fascinating information in the popular public domain without becoming too outlandish (at least until recently.)

Off topic: I'm sure I'm not the only member with research and writing skills who has considered the UFO writer/speaker career move. I can't be the first and bet you I won't be the last. The hours some members have put in, surely we deserve a few dollars for our efforts?

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I saw that list, in the OP.....and Hoagland ("hoaxland") automatically raised my hackles...so I was utterly surprised to see Timothy Good's name! I was under the impression that he was pretty much on the up-and-up, and did solid research, and good contributions? (Don't know the other two as well...I just dip in and out of this topic).

Anyway...again, very, very surprised that Good would associate with the likes of Hoagland. What gives?? Time to re-assess Good's intentions??

And, yes, that was an intentional pun....sorry 'bout that, Chief.....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
so I was utterly surprised to see Timothy Good's name! I was under the impression that he was pretty much on the up-and-up, and did solid research, and good contributions?

I think Good's reputation is built solely on Above Top Secret. Which is a great book, probably the best compendium of classic UFO encounters. But it seems his subsequent books went off the rails.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Maybe they are using hoaxland as a attention tool, at least with him on board everyone takes notice, even if it is for the wrong reasons, if the others names appeared i doubt many would have looked. So maybe thats the scam.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Anyway...again, very, very surprised that Good would associate with the likes of Hoagland. What gives?? Time to re-assess Good's intentions??

Nice

You have to wonder about Good now. I know he has close establishment ties and has had interesting meetings the "top brass". I have considered the possibility that he is misdirecting by sticking to the idea that it is mostly about E.T.'s. Perhaps, like so many before him, he has unwittingly been used to feed disinformation.

He must be familiar with Hoagland's work too. Surely it's an error of judgement by Good and Dolan to be associated with him?

Originally posted by WingedBull
I think Good's reputation is built solely on Above Top Secret. Which is a great book, probably the best compendium of classic UFO encounters. But it seems his subsequent books went off the rails.

It was one of the all time UFO classics for me. It's true that his subsequent books were more based on testimony. A lot of it from 'credible sources'. However said credible sources could have been feeding him disinformation...
edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looking forward to see what exactly is declared, shared or revealed.
I have a feeling it will not be as mind blowing as they would expect us
to believe.

As for paying $100, that is a little sheisty,
But then again it's in Amsterdam and I'm sure the place was not free to
rent out, hotel accommodations, flight fare etc.

And as someone pointed out earlier if this was so important, then why
not just come out and say it?!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join