It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they want us to go to Antarctica?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Why no visitors? Because then they would have less security about the damn 100% lethal organisms trapped in Lake Vostok.

They need to drill in there to get a sample of any higher form of life to try to get something that has immunity to it.

About the only way anyone would live if that stuff got out.

Not that it is not out already, but that lake is a concentration of it that will cause a pandemic of ELE scale.

Read Bezerk. It tells the entire tale.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Did the Russians get to open the 14million yr. old lake down there yet..

Seems to have gone very quiet on that one - hope someone comes up with the latest!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karmajayne
reply to post by NonKonphormist

this is kinda funny you mention thios i was at the airport yesterday i just flew home and i was talking to a group of people who were from california USA and they were stopping off in auckland and they had just flew from antartica and they were fire fighters but they were vauge about what they were doing there i mean do they have fires on a regular basis in antartica that requires 30 or more people??.

Maybe putting out fires caused by an ongoing war?

Originally posted by Binky21
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

also, i heard something about a USA vs UFO war going on around there...

Nazi UFOs, most likely.
Who else is to blame for disrupting/blocking/destroying both Russian and American nuclear missiles?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Maybe they found what drove Danforth insane at the end of At The Mountains Of Madness?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

lol could be i guess i mean its soo cold there and alot of snow storms etc i imangine so i just couldn't get my head around why there would be so many of them for a fire in the south pole come on i mean really?.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

There are milder regions on Antarctica, remember, it's a huge continent, not a small place.
Who knows what those firemen did on Antarctica, maybe hey checked the safety of a new top secret facility.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was going to post this as a new thread but then saw your Antartica one so here you go.................

A meteorite found in Antarctica could lend weight to the argument that life on Earth was aided by an extraterrestrial body, scientists claim.

www.bbc.co.uk...

BEFORE you get all excited and that, the story is about the meteor bringing the components to Earth from which life started......... or maybe there's more to it than that ?????

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Was not James Forrestal the organiser of operation "Highjump" ? No matter they were probably looking for something in particular.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
First, I want to respond to those wondering about the drilling at Lake Vostok. I got curious a few days ago and ran a Google search. From what the article said, they had to close up shop for the winter, and have less than 70 feet to go. All things considered, it really does seem likely that the weather is directly responsible for the halt, and nothing more. It's a treacherous & lethal environment in the winter. Heck, it still is in the summer there.

Second, I'm not exactly up to speed on the Antarctic politics, but I'm wondering if the Treaty has something to do with not going down there unapproved. Sort of like a No-Trespassing Allowed protected lands deal we see elsewhere on the planet. You can get in to those areas, albeit with permission and hoop-jumping. I'm assuming the same goes for the Antarctic lands, especially with so many countries with territorial claims anyway. It isn't a leap, considering there are many areas already considered protected areas that require permits to enter.
Antarctic Specially Protected Areas: en.wikipedia.org...

Like I said, I think it may boil down to treaty politics, although I'm no expert on that. If you're agreeing to not exploit a region, it makes sense to collectively not allow just any random someone to traipse around it as they please.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

Thanks for this, amazing pis, makes you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Did the Russians get to open the 14million yr. old lake down there yet..

Seems to have gone very quiet on that one - hope someone comes up with the latest!

No its still happening, was reading up on this just the other week. 2014 I believe was the target date for a water sample now.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Because there is a ice wall. Admiral Byrd went 2000 miles past the "end of Antarctica" only to discover more land never discovered. The earth is a huge plane bigger than we are told.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

What size plane,? Like 989 one? Throw us a bone if you are going to bust out a comment like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent008
Admiral Byrd went 2000 miles past the "end of Antarctica"
The earth is a huge plane bigger than we are told.

Byrd went past the 'gateway' or 'portal' between Dimensions located in Antarctica...
the Myth associated with the Northmen has it that an 'Ice Bridge exists, a 'bridge between worlds'...

the Superman comics also touches on this vast area...Its called the Phantom Zone... Byrd experienced it and confused his experience with Nature Reality (which It Isn't) the vast area of isolation & icy tundra is mystically traversed and is not accomplished by a physically trudging past the South Pole.. It is traversed in-the-Mind and the person is suddenly 'transported' to this weird reality by no real action or ritual on the persons' part

Agent008.... you might be trapped in the zone between these two worlds, with the comments on undiscovered lands remaining elusive and undiscovered... and the plane-plain where this land sits undiscovered

top topics

<< 1   >>

join