It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Oh yeah? try using guns againts the new updated weaponized ones with miniguns....i dare you....
I'm new to embedding and too lazy to look up how to do it....here's another link....
www.youtube.com...
edit on 3/2/2011 by Crackavelli because: curse you embedding technology!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
as long as i can have my asthma medication, my painkillers for my back, my anti-depressants for my anxiety and depression, i'll be alright and struggle through anything.

Take away one of them, and i'd be screeeewed.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
I've seen my kids after katrina and I know for a FACT kids cannot survive without electricity.

So knowing what I am in for, by default I would not want to survive with the lights being out for more than a few weeks.

WEAK. Thousands or perhaps millions of years of evolution, without electricity, and you'd throw in the towel rather than face life without electricity? What has happened to us in just 100 years? Geeeeeesh

I for one would not want to live in a world where people can't take a joke.

Oh wait...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
reply to post by boondock-saint

Being the last one on earth would be a worse nightmare... I told ya so but nobody would hear it...

Boon, he didn't say last human. He said "last man". All the women in the cave would hear you just fine.

oh dude, don't EVEN tease me like that

ya know, the older we get, the wiser we get.
While I think most men have that type fantasy,
but after living it just once, it could turn out to
be a total nightmare if extended over a period
of time. Could you imagine living in a cave with
100+ women who are ALL on PMS at once ????

You'd probably rather sleep with the dinosaurs !!!
not sexually, but figuratively speaking

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Could you imagine living in a cave with
100+ women who are ALL on PMS at once ????

Uggh..me going hunting...be back in 3 sunsets...bring em back meat...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Actually now that you mention it, Cthulu apocalypse doesn't seem so bad.

But now for "The Road" scenario, I'm sure if i have a seed bank then quite a few folks do.
Greenhouses would help the environment problem and you could sterilize / stabilize the soil.
Your greenhouse doesn't have to be huuuuge either.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The only SHTF scenario I wouldn't want to survive is something like what is depicted in the Terminator movies, where you are constantly being hunted down by machines and you can't sleep for fear of being infiltrated by a terminator, lol... now that would be one I'd hate to go through, everything else I think I would be able to get through.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

WWIII.

Either a high EMP (Read Lights Out and that's a sugar coated version of what life would be like)

or

A low nuclear explosion.

All I ask for is it be fast and quick, I am very sensitive to pain.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Crackavelli

you are right...........guns

Military now has fighter drones and mini missles that could take out your entire house several miles away, you wouldn't even see it coming before you were dead and gone.

Now days, with our military technology and I'm not even a weapons expert any gun, even a big one wouldn't be worth the brown word.

Want to survive, best bet is to burrow as deep within a cave as possible and hide.

But there we're talking at least 100 ft or more below ground level.

Sorry, guns wouldn't be any match for what the military now has.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I would also have to say I would not like to live in a post apocalyptic zombie scenario.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Considering that in an organic 'survival of the fittest' world the meanest dog in the fight tends to come out on top- I would have to pass at any SHTF scenario that leaves the deadliest poised to call the shots.

Even a peaceable group self-sustaining and advanced only survives until the first Alexander or Genghis Khan comes along to wipe them out, or enslave them. After all, we have more of the conqueror type genes than the peacemaker genes on the planet to pull from...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'm going to have to say M.A.D. Nuclear Apocylpse just because of one, the mutated cannibal freaks, and two, no food if it was just major city's getting hit by an a bomb were cool,but when you get up into the Ivy Mike level hydrogen bombs %#&@ that, .45 meet back of throat.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know it's the Survival forum...but what SHTF Scenarios would you NOT want to survive?

For me, I think I'd rather go quickly than live in a Zombie Apocalypse or a post-Nuclear War (global) environment. I think we'd likely go bonkers anyhow if constantly trying to get away from zombies, or if most vegetation was atomized, etc.

Everything - except when Gog & Magog come out.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The one that kills my wife.

2nd.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join