It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would say as long as my daughter survives I would push on in any case. Zombies would be the best as I would enjoy setting up shop and laying some bullets into them.

If my daughter didnt survive I would go on, but it would be much much much harder and if it came down to it I would probably give up all hope if she was gone.

Also a lot of people say they would kill there kids so they didnt have to suffer in one of these scenarios(not sure where i was reading people say that stuff), but for me that wouldnt be an option. I can tell you this the last thing if anything my daughter would see of me would be me fighting or giving my life up as long as I could protect her even if it went south. The last thing besides the pain she would remember is her dad giving it his all for her.

So any scenario that happens I will go on the best I can. I will only go on happy with my daughter with me though.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
To be honest, I have Bipolar, so every single day is a battle for survival. Anything else is just secondary. Anyone else that has depression or Bipolar will tell you that every day is a struggle. A zombie apocalypse or Nuclear winter would give us something else to concentrate on!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The SHTF scenario of "The Road", with totally dead Nature and cannibals all over the place...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If Tom Cruise ever became President.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Funny, I've been thinking about this ALOT lately and what I dont want to get to is when all food is literally gone and we have to start surviving by EATING ANYTHING to try to live! I dont want to be around if it gets to that!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what goes down. When I die I go as one, but I return as millions.........
edit on 1-3-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

chemical/biological. nuclear could be survived.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What apocalypse will I not want to survive? Well, I have two.....

1) Robot apocalypse. The cold emotionless overlords will show zero mercy when they rise up, and they will. It's only a matter of time before some scientist creates a self aware robot who decides not to take any more crap. Oh we all have a contingency plan for zombies, that's a given....but a robot uprising? No Chance...FACT!

What can you do when these are coming down your street?!?!?! For the love of science, what?!?!?!
www.youtube.com...

"They're giant metal monsters with no fear, no need to sleep, and an insatiable appetite for man screams...yet you fight....why?" -Michael Swaim

2) Cthulu apocalypse. Yeah it's kind of a trick answer because we all know that nobody would survive that. My only hope is that by worshiping great Cthulu, I will have the honor/privilege of being one of the first ones killed so I won't have to endure the horror.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crackavelli

Guns would do the same to a robot as they would to a zombie it would just take a few extra rounds..... Make sure you have armor piercing rounds

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

2) Cthulu apocalypse. Yeah it's kind of a trick answer because we all know that nobody would survive that. My only hope is that by worshiping great Cthulu, I will have the honor/privilege of being one of the first ones killed so I won't have to endure the horror.

You mean like this?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Thats funny because I was just thinking that nobody had made a Lovecraftian reference yet...

Should we see the mighty Cthulu awaken all the cries of humanity would fall upon dead ears as it would be time for the elder ones to return. Take solace in the knowledge that if your end isn't quick and painless your mind would have left you long before the mortal flame is extinguished...

Just hope that guy wasn't channeling when he wrote his books!

I think the machines hell bent on human enslavement / extinction would be far better than Cthulu showing up. With the machines I'm a firm believer that if I built it, I can break it.

*Edit: For those (un)fortunate not to know what Cthulu is go here for source info: www.dagonbytes.com... I bought all the books but they are here for free!
edit on 1-3-2011 by Jinglelord because: Add Link

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I would love to survive any SHTF scenario except for an anti-Christ scenario or one where liberals go on a crusade against free-thinkers and men. This isn't by any means coming from a religious standpoint. I just can't stand the liberal movement after it changed into a closed-minded, opinionated, everyone-thinks-our-way or gets killed mentality.
edit on 1-3-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
alien invasion would be on the top of my list.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Give me a machete, a canteen, a sleeping bag and a shotgun and I'll try anything once.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I would trade the sleeping bag for a good pair of boots and the shotgun for a towel but then I'm right there... A towel is really much more useful than a shotgun.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Gazrok

I would love to survive any SHTF scenario except for an anti-Christ scenario or one where liberals go on a crusade against free-thinkers and men. This isn't by any means coming from a religious standpoint.

Liberals going on an anti-Christ crusade against free-thinkers isn't coming from a religious standpoint?

whaaa is now out screaming in the yard, pounding his cranium with half a brick.

oops....I just read your profile....that was some of the best sarcasm I've ever come across on ATS.
edit on 2-3-2011 by whaaa because: yikes!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would not want to be part of any future than means I could not have a regular trawl through ATS forum to see what is happening outside

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That is a very good start to the SHTF scenario I might want to survive.

Assuming the Cthulhu was selective like that.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
As a control freak I fear drowning the most - If I see a big wall of water coming my way you best believe I'm going to try and off myself before it gets me! terrifying.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join