It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
another one that i wouldnt want to be around for would be if the Book of Revelation actaully happened

i dont believe in the Bible that much but ive read the Book of Revelation and man that would suck

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Scenarios that would suck:

* National loss of electricity for 1 year. Without refrigeration and tv people will become insane without frozen pizza and cold beer. People would have to eat fresh foods and end up with impossible to find vegetables. Horrible situation.

* Loss of earth's magnetic field. Nobody could come out during the daytime. Animals would all die-off.

* Loss of all Kardashians. This is a central point of reference for all of mankind.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If it was widespread, I wouldn't want to survive a nuclear "incident". If I were a couple decades younger, perhaps I might think differently.

Also, I don't want to live through another Obama term. If the damage inflicted in his first 2 years are any indication, he could cause some serious mayhem in 8 years.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalChef

Other than the whole psychological aspect...there's the risk of infection (zombie scenario)... That's always downplayed in the movies, when you see the hero swing a baseball bat, spraying infected blood everywhere..

Just one drop in the eyes, dripping down off your forehead, mouth or nose, etc. Paranoid wouldn't even BEGIN to describe it....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know it's the Survival forum...but what SHTF Scenarios would you NOT want to survive?

For me, I think I'd rather go quickly than live in a Zombie Apocalypse or a post-Nuclear War (global) environment. I think we'd likely go bonkers anyhow if constantly trying to get away from zombies, or if most vegetation was atomized, etc.

You may not have a choice but to live through it.

Revelation 9:6 says, "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Not an encouraging thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
reply to post by boondock-saint

Being the last one on earth would be a worse nightmare... I told ya so but nobody would hear it...

Boon, he didn't say last human. He said "last man". All the women in the cave would hear you just fine.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

And you'd still be wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hmmm very good question. For me it'd have to be the dreaded Clown Apocalypse, them running around all smug and self-righteous in their red noses and big feet.

Okey, serious now. I'd have to go with a fire or water scenario. The rest (shrug) after a little time to adjust I think would be doable.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know I've always wondered what it would be like to survive a Zombie apocalypse or a nuclear war (assuming the radiation doesn't linger around top ground). I find the idea of fending for yourself to be quite alluring, but I'm not sure if I would want it.

Personally I would not want to live through a crustacean apocalypse. I am absolutely terrified of crustaceans (crabs, lobsters, etc) and would rather die then live through one. I'm not sure how that sort of apocalypse would even happen, but I guess we don't know how a Zombie apocalypse would happen either.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StruggleTogether

Read your post and the GOM came to mind....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Bio*chemical war, everything contaminated, 90% of people dead

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by EternalChef

Other than the whole psychological aspect...there's the risk of infection (zombie scenario)... That's always downplayed in the movies, when you see the hero swing a baseball bat, spraying infected blood everywhere..

Just one drop in the eyes, dripping down off your forehead, mouth or nose, etc. Paranoid wouldn't even BEGIN to describe it....

Just like the movies - 28 Hours, 28 Days and finally 28 Weeks (British films)

take care all
res

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
I wouldn't want to survive a sea monkey apocalypse

other than that I'm good with any scenario

Well Gaz, my first reaction was only a scenario where actual S hits a fan. I'm a bit of a neat freak and that would freak me out. Then again I just might die of embarrassment from being covered in "fall-out".

Then of course this guy brings up brine shrimp run amuck and I'm shaking over that. That would be a living nightmare unless of course they elected me king of the sea monkeys. You know like in the back of the old comic books? A little gold crown and all my subjects swimming around. You would have to dig that. I've been telling my wife that in some reality I must be a king and she agrees. She says the evidence is that I'm a royal PIA in this one.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I would definitely not want to be in a "last-man-on-earth" scenario. That would truly suck.

I also wouldn't like any kind of nuclear holocaust situation where everything is burnt and dead... kind of like the one from "The Road".

It wouldn't be so bad if it were only men that were wiped out...last-man-on-earth but all the ladies were still around

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Would not want:
1) Giant hairy mutated insects and spiders, if I was out of ammo because of the "current at the time" administration.

2) Everyone turning gay at the same time, because of the "current administration". I won't be able to comply no matter what!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
giant zombie poo's with worms for arms nd legs from nuclear mutation

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Two words:

Hillary Clinton.

No surviving that.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

...a man city premiership trophy win.

...and nuclear armageddon.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm with the other people with not wanting to survive the "last man on earth". That would be lonely and kinda suck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think probably most of them that have a distinct possibility of occurring.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nuclear winter or a SERIOUS ice age. I hate cold (stupid reason) but really there is meager chances of survival when vegetation slows/stop.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join