It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Whatever happened in the movie The Road. World just looked so damn depressing, no life, no food, cold, ash everywhere, starving to death, /wrists. Some of the delusional folks here who actually WANT the end of the world type stuff to happen should really watch that movie, it might make you see the error in your ways and that its not all fun and games surviving in a dead world. As #ty as the world can be now, it will never be as #ty as a dark cold world with zero life except a few scattered humans, half of which are cannibals, and I think there was 1 beetle flying around in the whole movie as far as animals go.
edit on 1-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Another good apocolypse movie was called Threads.

It truely brought home just how much of a trainwreck a nuclear war would be...from starvation (rats for sale..uncooked as you can't find any non-radioactive wood to burn).

It was very dismal, very horrific and true to form. Talked about everything from farming ending (one season max of mechanical farming, then its try desperately to grow some grains manually...and survive in the meantime).

Roving gangs, no clean water, etc etc etc...babys born with defects was the norm, peoples eyes change due to the new massive UV coming into the atmosphere, creating cataracts about as common as a toothache, ya...it is a really effective disaster movie based on the most clear understanding of nuclear warfare

To those fallout fans whom welcome a post-apoc world...they would also welcome being kicked in the junk repeatedly as a hobby I think.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yea I saw Threads too, that one was also depressing. I found The Road a bit more depressing just cause the sheer lack of any life but both are certainly a reality check for anyone who wants to see an end of the world scenario happen. It also annoys me that they all just assume they will magically be one of the small % or w/e that survive the initial doom or fallout just cause they have some guns or canned goods, delusional much, they'll probably die like everyone else, a stock of guns and ammo aint gonna save you from a nuke falling on your head or w/e.
edit on 1-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For me, the zombie thing isn't so much dealing with the threat of the zombies, but the sheer psychological horror day after day, would seem like it would simply drive one insane....

On the nukes, it's the idea that you probably wouldn't even be able to grow food, radiation sickness, mutation, so many other horrors after the fact...that I'm not sure I'd want to stick that out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My worst fear is nothithing happening at all and the idiots that run our world keep things going as they are. now that would suck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think the whole Book of Revelation chain of events would not be something I'd want to live through... or live long during for that matter...

Basically everyone's fears here in one neat little bag.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The zombie thing would be a riot, personally i think it would be a lot of fun...

All you need would be a truck and a few guns with lots of bullets. Party time....hell i'd settle for a bat.

I think the only thing i wouldn't want to survive would be the nuclear fall out....if we ever got nuked of course.

Radiation poisoning would be a sh!tty buzz!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I would try and survive every event if i had the chance. Now if it was a gamma ray burst then we would not have that chance .

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

World wide famine would the be the start of cannibalism when things become very desparate.
Zombies have always given me the impression of famine at its worst.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by Akragon

World wide famine would the be the start of cannibalism when things become very desparate.
Zombies have always given me the impression of famine at its worst.

i can hunt, besides....when it comes down to it, i'll be hunting vegans anyways....Tastes like chicken

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Many ten year olds ask the same question so I'm going to have to go with a child apocolypse. Me and a whole world full of children asking stupid questions and watching spongebob for eternity... I hope that the weed dispensories would be unharmed. I would need it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

i agree a lot with what you said, The Road is messed up

but yea i would want to be in a zombie one think that might be fun wouldnt want to survive nukes, im joining the Marines so i probably wont last much longer anyways hahah

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Im cool with the zombie apocalypse, as long as im not at the mall or stuck in an amusement park or somewhere like that. But i would definitely not mind riding around killing zombies.
And if i get bitten i wouldnt mind trying my hand at being a zombie for a while either.

As for the nukes. i cant really say either way.

"Bad" Aliens.... why not.

I think a water covered world would definitely suck. but id have to say that i cant think of a end of the world type scenario that i would want to die in. except maybe if the atmosphere catches fire and consumes the planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

Now that would be probably the worst kind of Apocalypse.
It would definitely turn from a Kid Apocalypse to a game of San Andreas for me.
Just riding around shooting, running people over. hahahaa. god that would suck.
and yes weed would definitely be needed.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Disneyland indeed, until the ammo runs out.
Remember there will be no picking up rounds off of your enemy, and plenty of idiots will waste alot of rounds.
Remember to stock up on shower curtains and ponchos, cuz after the ammo runs out were going to batting practice, if the world goes "Ala 28 days later".

Now back to scenarios, i could do "The Happening" scenario as the kill off would be natural and indiscriminate and will most likely effect all of the people who are a large problem of our current situation.
The scenario i could not live with would be the "Last man on Earth" scenario.
Sure the first few weeks would be bliss but, after you would be out gathering and hunting and see the smoke signals of your hundreds or thousands of pregnant wives wanting you to bring home taco bell and watermelon!
Ohhhh teh payne!!!
Then all of those lawns to mow.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think I could survive anything that did not totally erase the elements needed for the production of food. A scenario in which the environment is either too radiated, dead, or devoid of sunlight resulting in no food being able to be produced for 4 or more years would result in no remaining food even in the deepest of storage facilities.

A scavenging lifestyle would not be sustainable unless there were a pandemic with say near extinction mortality rates as the food, even shelf stable and dehydrated would quickly be depleted.

Any situation in which a sizable remaining population could not raise crops or livestock would be a simple slow road to starvation and ruin; therefore not one I would relesh enduring especially watching my children starve and knowing I could do nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
All of them
Ive got the rubber tubing connected to my car exhaust
just waiting to turn the engine on

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Methinks those of you welcoming a Zombie apocalypse have not fully imagined the horrors of your friends, family and loved ones coming to eat your brains.

Did the zombie virus really destroy them?Are they still inside trying to get out? Could there be a cure? You wouldn't know because your mother just watched as she was ruined inside by an uncontrollable urge to kill and eat her child and watched uncontrolling from the inside as her child killed her. In her addled mind the last thing she saw on earth was her child destroying her with a bat.

If you wouldn't be mentally damaged by a zombie apocalypse you're a sociopath.

I would still want to survive but I certainly would've preferred a different world changing scenario.

There are many of us who welcome a SHTF scenario regardless of the pain it may bring or cause and many of us already fully imagine the pain. The reason for this in my opinion is that there are so many obvious issues in today's world and society has turned into a terrible mixture of soul crushing boredom, bull poop problems, and inanity in every aspect of government and law that the easiest solution many of us see is simply to hit the reset button and start from scratch.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
For me, the zombie thing isn't so much dealing with the threat of the zombies, but the sheer psychological horror day after day, would seem like it would simply drive one insane....

On the nukes, it's the idea that you probably wouldn't even be able to grow food, radiation sickness, mutation, so many other horrors after the fact...that I'm not sure I'd want to stick that out.

Ya know years ago (1960's) there was a study conducted by the Navy department about just how long a man alone in a combat setting can continue before he goes crazy???? According to them 90 days was the magic number,,,however....
Many japanese solder's were found on little islands decades after the war ended....

In 1944, Lt. Hiroo Onoda was sent by the Japanese army to the remote Philippine island of Lubang. His mission was to conduct guerrilla warfare during World War II. Unfortunately, he was never officially told the war had ended; so for 29 years, Onoda continued to live in the jungle, ready for when his country would again need his services and information. Eating coconuts and bananas and deftly evading searching parties he believed were enemy scouts, Onoda hid in the jungle until he finally emerged from the dark recesses of the island on March 19, 1972.

I believe he was the last...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here's one more for "The Road". That movie was disturbing, and just watching it made me want to off myself. It was depressing, desperate, and in some cases depraved. That is not the kind of life I'd want to lead, especially having to watch out for cannibals on every turn. Once all the trees, animals and grass dies off and there's no hope for these things to reverse within my natural life span, I'd probably check out. Then again I've never been in that situation, so maybe I'd surprise myself. Maybe I'd fight for life in the end, who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join