It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could People Power Force Disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
2011 seems to be the year for 'People Power' Worldwide.

The people no longer seem to be willing to accept the words or actions of Government anymore on a vast range of issues across the globe.

We are currently entering a pinnacle of awareness relating to forces that could suggestively obliterate mankind or at the very least change mans awareness for ever. Never before have so many inhabitants of this planet been searching for answers on sites such as this, in a desperate search for the 'Truth'.

Would this not be the perfect time to lobby Governments for full disclosure regarding Extra Terrestrial Life forms?
Will we ever get this opportunity again even post 2012 should the worst never happen?
Would it be feasible to link UFO agencies and forums worldwide in a concerted and organized lobby for disclosure?

In fact the whole 2012 scenario could well turn out to be the worlds most perfect global government debunking tool ever in the history of modern man. Politicians and those of great secular power could simply mock every sighting, suggestion or prediction as 'the work of lunatics with an overactive imagination' who were proved wrong post 2012.

Sadly the work of dedicated, educated and well informed ufologists will no doubt be linked to the End Of Days Prophecies whether they like it or not. Credibility that has taken decades of hard work and brilliant investigation could be wiped away by those in power under the umbrella of the '2012 End of Days' scenario that never was.

Ufologists already make a clear distinction between Ufology and 'Other' subject matter but I doubt sceptics will make that same distinction.

However with public interest never before being as high at it is today, would it be wise to let such an opportunity fall through the fingers of the hand of disclosure. Isn't this the right time to back the professionals of Ufology?

Note......In many countries people power goes way beyond disclosure in that many people are fighting for their lives, for food and for democracy and in no way is this post constructed to undermine those actions.

edit on 28-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
"People Power" could certainly create a much better environment for it. If it can drive the news cycle for weeks on end, then we will be much closer to having the pressure necessary and the environment necessary for those that are in the know to come forward.

Rioting is a bad idea, as that will make us look more like the idiotic crackpots that we already look like though.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The problem is that nobody cares. There is no critical mass of people interested in Disclosure. Most people don't have UFOs or aliens on their radar screens at all. If Disclosure could be part of something else that is bigger and more interesting, maybe.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

So what are you suggesting?

That we riot in order to ask the government to come clean on something that may/may not be true?

I am not a disbeliever, bit I believe that there are more pressing issues in society that need to be addressed first. Such as social justice, the banksters, anti-war rally's etc. There are not enough people willing to stand up for these issues let alone disclosure.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes, the striking of the ideas is the most powerful instrument because the universe
is learning by medium of us.
edit on 28-2-2011 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Theoretically yes. If there actually was something to disclose.

Its not going to happen though as you have to build a movement from a wide base. The vast majority still find the idea of UFOs ridiculous and don't want to be associated with 'crazy people'.

With other movements you have a core of the committed that convince the rest. Social media just makes it easier for it to snowball. Unfortunately the 'committed' in this topic are generally only capable of convincing others they are nuts.

Dont hold your breath.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
not really. Not alot of people believe in UFO's, because the government does a fairly good job of hiding it. It'll have to come on its own, or if someone made a huge discovery/finding/alot of evidence, then you could. but as it stands now? i dont really think so.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If the government would disclose this there wouldn´t be a government anymore. We all know they lie but we still can´t prove anything but if we could we easily could start a civil war. I´m all ears for ideas to "force" them to disclosure but it´s not gonna happen. Face it we are only a few people against a well funded government who can make people just disappear. No questions asked.

No we need something big to expose their lies to the world. If we now start to force the government to disclose their secrets about UFOs we would accomplish nothing. In fact we would be brandmarked as a bunch of weirdos that we in most of the peoples eyes already are. I don´t give a # what someone thinks or says about me but the media would tear us apart. Our lives would be disected and they will find evidence that we are mentaly unstable or worse because of some odd coincidences nobody is going ro believe us ever again. I guess it would be pretty easy for someone to blame and discredit us with false evidence. Hell they could make look us like perverts,pedophiles,murderers and so on the possibilities to make our lives a living hell are endless for this kind of people. They have something that we will never have. Unlimited funds,control over the media and nothing to fear.

Look how people treaten other people who came forward to tell the truth. They called liers,hoaxers and much much worse. If we don´t control the media we have no chance at all.

It´s sad and frustrating but we aren´t ready yet. We have to wait until someone big and i mean really big in the game comes forward and says i can´t take it anymore and blows the whole thing wide open. But then again people wouldn´t believe it without hard evidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

not a chance!
"PEOPLE POWER" can't make these SATANIC "LEADERS" stop chemtrails or killing and looting other people and their countries! (IRAQ , AFGANISTAN , THE LONG FORGOTEN VIETNAM and the following WARS! )
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY CAN "FORCE" SOME SORT OF DISCLOSURE?!
Maybe THIS disclosure :

UFOTV Presents...: THE DISCLOSURE MADNESS CARTOON

www.youtube.com...

I gave up embeding "anything" ; if someone knows how , go ahead!

edit on 28-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Riot!...No, I would never suggest such a notion, my words suggested to "Lobby".

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Theoretically yes. If there actually was something to disclose.

Its not going to happen though as you have to build a movement from a wide base. The vast majority still find the idea of UFOs ridiculous and don't want to be associated with 'crazy people'.

With other movements you have a core of the committed that convince the rest. Social media just makes it easier for it to snowball. Unfortunately the 'committed' in this topic are generally only capable of convincing others they are nuts.

Dont hold your breath.

I agree everyone has differing thoughts relating to UFOs in the sense of a form from another world but logistics alone suggest that life does exist along with capabilities far above our own.
It's almost a Victorian mindset of choose to ignore but yes that's only my opinion.

I have the utmost respect for dedicated ufologists who must be so dismayed that so much hard work is undermined by the Hoax Brigade, as if their work wasn't hard enough. Those are the people who should be branded nuts

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't think at this present time we can, at least not in the way "we" want it ie: A world leader announcing contact with ET has been made. I don't think we have made official contact with ET and I don't think any government knows for sure that the craft type UFOs are ET in origin. I think when it happens then yes it will be declared, it is International Law to do so.

We need to redefine what we want based on what is reasonable and redefine ways to get it. Demanding a new study could set "us" back a long way as there just isn't the money available so what we would get is the fastest, cheapest way possible for the government to justify it's current stance of UFOs are not a threat to National Security.

The government does not want to deal with UFOs and honestly looking at the many crisis issues we are drowning in at the moment, it's kind of justifiable.

This doesn't mean we should give up, we have the right to know if ET is playing peek-a-boo with us. We just need to revise how we are going to get the proof.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Well put
Prior to writing my post I did consider the question, are we "ready yet", and I thought that we are but when you put it in that context, then perhaps not.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Superb Leaualorin,
puts it in a nutshell lol Thanks for that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I agree with you. Hoaxers are a major source of the problem. I do think though that there are a lot of well intentioned people who are so desperate for evidence they give credence to ridiculous and obvious fakes.

The genuinely interesting cases get buried in all the dross.

Its a sad indictment that the most professional UFO information website i've seen was the viral marketing website for Battle: Los Angeles....

edit on 28-2-2011 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I don't think at this present time we can, at least not in the way "we" want it ie: A world leader announcing contact with ET has been made. I don't think we have made official contact with ET and I don't think any government knows for sure that the craft type UFOs are ET in origin. I think when it happens then yes it will be declared, it is International Law to do so.

We need to redefine what we want based on what is reasonable and redefine ways to get it. Demanding a new study could set "us" back a long way as there just isn't the money available so what we would get is the fastest, cheapest way possible for the government to justify it's current stance of UFOs are not a threat to National Security.

The government does not want to deal with UFOs and honestly looking at the many crisis issues we are drowning in at the moment, it's kind of justifiable.

This doesn't mean we should give up, we have the right to know if ET is playing peek-a-boo with us. We just need to revise how we are going to get the proof.

I see your point is well justified and in the priority stakes as already mentioned the chances of consideration by the government(s) are perhaps miniscule.

I seriously wonder how much of an impact these 2012 Catastrophe ideas will have on the study of UFOs and other seriously studied topics.
Perhaps dissasociation would be a better route than disclosure.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a great topic by the way. I'm not sure what you mean by disassociate, can you clarify?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Lets pose a hypothetical here, what if you got a huge amount of people (1000+) go to roswell and film those 1000+ crossing the insivible line. What would the government do kill or arrest all those people. I'm not saying to go out and do it but that is a very possible way to at the very least gain attention to this situation.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lordoftheonionrings

Anything along that vein is likely to alienate (haha) "us" even more from mainstream and it's the mainstream we need the most IMO.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by realitydiscovered
Yes, the striking of the ideas is the most powerful instrument because the universe
is learning by medium of us.
edit on 28-2-2011 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

What?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join