It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff: 'Whole government is a Ponzi scheme'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Madoff is a despicable turd. That said, he's also absolutely on target. In reality, how else could he have perpetrated his schemes for all those years? The reality of it makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

This is a man, who lied, cheated and stole. He ripped peoples hard earned money off....

Why should I believe a word he says and more so, why should I even listen to anything he has to say? I mean, forgive me, I just... am naturally suspicious of a guy who is known for running the largest ponzi scheme in history. I find it hard to trust the man.

Because he has nothing left to live for. His son killed himself, his wife left him, his surviving children won't speak to him - he has nothing but a 150 year prison sentence. What would be the point of lying at this point? I mean, lets say he wrote a book about it - made hundreds of millions of dollars - what use would that be in prison?

He wouldn't be able to gain anything out of what he says. People lie to others to gain some kind of ground... the only ground he will gain with his statements is a fast track to the other side, which if that happens - would lend more credibility to his comments.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by hillynilly

The elite know we are waking up. All they are doing is pushing for a revolt to justify a harsh leninist marxism regime in the US.

Maybe look into the words you're using before throwing around. The idea the American government wants to embrace the ideals of Marx is wrong, just wrong.

And nobody is pushing for a revolt, that's pacifist pro-state propoganda to keep people weary of rising up. The government don't want it. They'd lose.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Apart from all the widespread damage he has caused, some can surely say he helped expose some of the crookedness of bankers...but at what cost, I heard a lot of people committed suicide in the aftermath...R.I.P...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There are two very glaring points to be made from all these high crimes and massive fraud.

1. The very organisations that are put in place to monitor, regulate and prosecute are themselves staffed by people either from, or in bed with, the very organisations they are supposed to regulate. A classic case of the fox guarding the henhouse.

2. Mainstream media - they go out of their way to belittle the contributions of the alternative media, bloggers and commentators who are not part of their little controlled empires. Yet, so many times they ignore these stories and only dare to speak of them long after the fact and only when the crimes can no longer be covered up. That, in my eyes at least, makes them complicit in hiding the truth, rather than reporting it. But then, they are NOT obliged to tell the truth anyway!

Long before Madoff was arrested and prosecuted (about 4 years if I remember correctly), a prvate individual provided the SEC with everything they needed to investigate him. They ignored it. Now, why would that be? Surely nobody over at the SEC was perhaps getting kickbacks or protecting the crimes? No, that can't be it at all, that is just... well.... unthinkable!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join