It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists And Scientific Freedom Under Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I too know of what you are speaking, but let me tell you this...Mossad and organizations like these will find themselves powerless when they try and stop the truth...and they KNOW this, i feel the fear emanating from them as once i did for myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When are they going to cancel the Jerry Lewis telethon and when are these idiots going to realize you are just giving the money to TPTB.
Like Chris Rock said "C'mon Jerry where are the Billions upon Billions of dollars going, to keep your hair black?
All those billions and not one step closer to a cure
Hum wonder why?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There are some of us rogue scientists out here who are working in private and doing our best to keep our research from a 181 flag.

That being said, you have to remember that the majority of the population are sheep, scientists included. They have no idea...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

When there is no clear set of cultural ethics, he who pays the piper names the tune.

The man made global warming "science" fiasco, where the careers of "deniers" were threatened, really pulled down the curtain of the illusion of scientific independence for many Americans.

We should bring back Western ethics. Humanism is not working out so well.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I applaud you for bringing this indeed grave and serious matter to our attention.
I just wanted to say something concerning Monsanto and GMO, a much bigger crime even than harmful pesticides, something that I have seen in a documentary: they interviewed some really desperate Indian farmers and they said that before Monsanto came in they used to keep some seeds each year for next years planting. After Monsanto moved in and sold them GMO seeds, they realized upon the plants maturing and after harvest that there absolutely no seeds in the plants, so they forced to buy again GMO seeds from Monsanto, which led to some of them nearing bankruptcy.

About the whole scientists and their loyalties to big corporations, because those are the money providers for their research, yes, it is true in many cases, maybe even the majority of them. On a tangent, I have read that many of the studies circulating about the harmful effects of cannabis were funded by the DEA and so it is not really surprising, that they reached to that conclusion. Another famous case would be the Condon Report on UFOs: the government wanted a scientific study to explain away the UFO phenomenon, they paid for it and the scientists on that panel obliged (with some minor exception, quickly replaced) and delivered the goods. Still, I would trust a scientist more than say a priest or some religious authority or a politician.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
There are some of us rogue scientists out here who are working in private and doing our best to keep our research from a 181 flag.

I admire you and keep up the good work.

That being said, you have to remember that the majority of the population are sheep, scientists included. They have no idea...

I am not really sure about that (probably because I don't like the comparison to sheep. What's wrong with sheep anyways? Beautiful animals, I tell you...) Other than that I do agree that scientist are all too human, too, and as such always also prone to failure and irrational behavior. I think there is quite big chunk of them who do have an idea what's going on, but they do not care really, because that's what brings food on their tables.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by Tephra

When there is no clear set of cultural ethics, he who pays the piper names the tune.

Nothing to do with ethics, cultural or otherwise, I think. I think that money always ruled supreme or as you said it that the one who pays the piper names the tune. Always was like that, I believe.

The man made global warming "science" fiasco, where the careers of "deniers" were threatened, really pulled down the curtain of the illusion of scientific independence for many Americans.

Hopefully, the illusion is ultimately dispelled, because I can think of some examples that confirmed the illusion that happened way before global warming was even an issue (some cannabis research paid by the DEA, some medical research paid by tobacco companies and understating the actual risks of smoking etc.)

We should bring back Western ethics. Humanism is not working out so well.

Huh, what Western ethics?
Unless, you are talking about Western as in the Wild Wild West. Humanism is a western philosophy, including ethics and morals. Unless you don't count Germany to be included in Western countries or the West.
And I don't agree that Humanism is not working out so well. I believe humanism is doing fine and the world would be a better place if we all were humanist first and foremost and then anything else.

edit on 28/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: spelling and grammar

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy

"Statistical Evidence" taken and treated as fact, getting studies to "say" what you want them to...

A very real threat and present danger to science.
This is how the global warming became the new terror.

Al Gore and his climate science B.S.

Thanks for your comments.

edit on 1-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Thanks for stealing my Thread.

edit on 1-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

As someone who is on the path to becoming a researcher i find it a little sad you tar so many scientists with the same brush, as if receiving corporate or government funding automatically makes the results suspect. Many of the things surrounding you today are the result of private funding, that iPhone is corp funded tech, as is your computer, oh and your clean water and most of your food (even the nice organic food) is given to you by scientists paid by large corporations (for the most part anyway).

All of the medicines, the cures, the treatments are given to you by scientists who work in private labs, some government funded research as well. Right now there are massive, multi million pound labs working on cancer, MS, MND and many more illnesses. Corporations look out for their interests and they know that finding a cure to any illness means a massive jump in stock prices. Some people say they don't want to cure anything, but vaccines basically stop all kinds of diseases from developing that could make the corporations a fortune if they just offered the treatment instead of the vaccine.

One day a vaccine for HIV will be developed and i swear there will be those on ATS trying to convince people not to take it. That will be sad.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
A great example of this is the Pharmaceutical Corporations, and their consistent trend of releasing untested newly formulated chemicals which prove to be very dangerous and sometimes fatal and then receive a black label only after 5 years of long lists of adverse side effects and fatalities.

Not only is highway robbery going on, but so is murder.
These crimes add up and in the long run, the human race suffers greatly, and our technological progress is hampered and roadblocked effectively.

Let us not forgot "Non-Profit Organizations" as well. Big massive charities like those that claim to seek cures for specific diseases or disorders like cancer are always finding excellent treatments and cures yet it is extremely rare for these constant streams of discoveries to ever reach the hospital. Many times they simply say "we need 10 more years of research on this potential cure".....yeah right, meanwhile those brand new highly questionable pharmaceuticals are totally ok to release without much testing at all.

Muzzleflash,

As you have well pointed out, it seems that scientific outcome can be bought, and that is one of the great tragedies of the century.

I am sure there are plenty of scientists that cant be bought, and still alive.
We all need to find them and offer our support, before its too late.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by Tephra

There are thousands of scientists out there desperate to be part of real science, but many unfortunately have given in and basically perform on demand results service for the government.

I am afraid your assement is correct.

For years, I watched the list of dead scientists, and microbioligists grow, wondering who was
behind this. Now it has become evident.

Greed, and the desire to control Big Pharma, GMO Industry must have a large hand in this.

It is not a coincidence.
edit on 28-2-2011 by burntheships because: format

What? Are you a drama queen? How about the millions that died that had equally (if that is possible) the same thing to say? Do all the dead differentiate with the story they tell? Scientist?

I guess "registered" smart folk work better for you then idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Well, if the main stream media ignores it, one can assume that there is something fishy behind it. Take the example of the outsted ex-presidents of Tunesia and Egypt and their so called "illness". After we where made to believe they both fell ill, main stream media hardly ever mentioned them again. So I believe its fair to assune they where killed some time ago. Is'nt it fair to say, "Whatever main stream media keeps quiet about, is suspicious"?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
There are two major issues.

A. Most people don't have access to peer-reviewed literature. They must rely on scientific journalists that leave out almost all of the detail.

B. Most people wouldn't be able to understand the concepts and scientific jargon even if they had access.

Yes, the corporate control is worrying; however people need to educate themselves more before the make a decision. I don't necessarily agree with GM, but this is usually for far different reasons than most people.

For example: gene stacking, monocultures, alteration of natural fitness levels etc.
edit on 1-3-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Of course these scientists are under attack. They are cutting the branch on, which most scientists sit on. Academic world is brutal and cruel full of traps, competitions, plagiats and betrayals etc.
Anyways if you are aspiring to do indipendant research you better have your back covered through connections or have "insurance". Sometimes even that won't help you. From my observations almost every scientist has some unethical skeletons in his closet.
In medical field there are certain things you are "denied" to research (through funding...) for example( My hypothesis is that some psychotic drugs may increase risk of alzheimer, because some of them manipulate dopamine hormone production indirectly....). If you were to research the long term effects of psychotic drugs you would be denied funding unless you would concentrate on positive aspects and leave negative out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Muzzleflash,

As you have well pointed out, it seems that scientific outcome can be bought, and that is one of the great tragedies of the century.

I am sure there are plenty of scientists that cant be bought, and still alive.
We all need to find them and offer our support, before its too late.

I believe most scientists are not being bought, most are honest. What is being bought are the safety studies performed by supposedly independent bodies. The scientists who can be bought are put into those organisations so the various large companies can push through whatever they like, even against the will of their own development scientists. If someone develops a drug and it's pushed through testing by a corporation then the originating development team cannot really say anything about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I guess what I'd like to know is to what extent is the list of biologists exagerated. Granted I'm sure some or many were murdered or killed themselves. But I'm sure there's many thrown in to beef the numbers.

My second concern, largely on the same point, would be just how many microbiologists are there. And how do the number of murders and suicides stack up in comparison to other lines of work?

I worry that many may be being swindled here. In that I'd guess you could make a similar list about any profession you wanted.

If anyone could provide evidence for the suspicious circumstances of the deaths in question, aswell as statistics for microbiologist numbers in general, that'd be greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I am surprised no one has mentioned anything about all the scientists who have been kidnapped over the last few years. I did a quick google search and there are pages and pages of it. A few years ago I heard of I think it as 9 scientist being kinapped, I dont remember hearing anything after the initial kidnapping. just a thought to add to your thread! And great thread!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When a company (Monsanto) identifies the naturally occurring gene in a pig that makes it put on weight fast, isolates it and then applies for a patent on it, you know the world of food production is truly fokked up. If this goes through, every pig breeder in the world will have to pay monsanto a fee for naturally breeding piglets.

what next from the wonderful world of Monsanto??

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Along these same lines, the documentary Strange Culture is worth watching. It is about artists who use art to alert the public to GMOs and how our government is bent on stifling the truth. The story centers around an artist who summoned 911 because his wife was unresponsive. When they arrived, rather than being concerned with his wife, they were more concerned about the petri dishes he had. They called in the FBI and framed him as a "bioterrorist" and essentially turned his life upside down and he hadn't even broken any laws.

I tried embedding it with the YouTube number but it didn't work.

YouTube Video

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join