reply to post by boondock-saint
Ok boon, star 4 u!
A large grouping of 11 leading microbiologists dead in just 5 months.
11 Microbiologists dead In 5 months
Benito Que, 52, was an expert in infectious diseases and cellular biology at the Miami Medical School. Police originally suspected that he had been
beaten on Nov. 12 in a carjacking in the medical school's parking lot. Strangely enough, though, his body showed no signs of a beating. Doctors then
began to suspect a stroke.
Just four days after Dr. Que fell unconscious came the mysterious disappearance of Don Wiley, 57, one of the foremost microbiologists in the United
States. Dr. Wiley, of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Harvard University, was an expert on how the immune system responds to viral attacks such
as the classic doomsday plagues of HIV, ebola and influenza. He had just bought tickets to take his son to Graceland the following day. Police found
his rental car on a bridge outside Memphis, Tenn. His body was later found in the Mississippi River. Forensic experts said he may have had a dizzy
spell and have fallen off the bridge.
Just five days after that, the world-class microbiologist and high-profile Russian defector Valdimir Pasechnik, 64, fell dead. The pathologist who did
the autopsy, and who also happened to be associated with Britain's spy agency, concluded he died of a stroke.Dr. Pasechnik, who defected to the United
Kingdom in 1989, played a huge role in Russian biowarfare and helped to figure out how to modify cruise missiles to deliver the agents of mass
The next two deaths came four days apart in December. Robert Schwartz, 57, was stabbed and slashed with what police believe was a sword in his
farmhouse in Leesberg, Va. His daughter, who identifies herself as a pagan high priestess, and several of her fellow pagans have been charged. Dr.
Schwartz was an expert in DNA sequencing and pathogenic micro-organisms, who worked at the Center for Innovative Technology in Herndon, Va.
Four days later, Nguyen Van Set, 44, died at work in Geelong, Australia, in a laboratory accident. He entered an airlocked storage lab and died from
exposure to nitrogen.
Other scientists at the animal diseases facility of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization had just come to fame for
discovering a virulent strain of mousepox, which could be modified to affect smallpox.
Then in February, the Russian microbiologist Victor Korshunov, 56, an expert in intestinal bacteria of children around the world, was bashed over the
head near his home in Moscow. Five days later the British microbiologist Ian Langford, 40, was found dead in his home near Norwich, England, naked
from the waist down and wedged under a chair. He was an expert in environmental risks and disease.
Two weeks later, two prominent microbiologists died in San Francisco. Tanya Holzmayer, 46, a Russian who moved to the U.S. in 1989, focused on the
part of the human molecular structure that could be affected best by medicine. She was killed by fellow microbiologist Guyang (Matthew) Huang, 38, who
shot her seven times when she opened the door to a pizza delivery. Then he shot himself.
The final two deaths came one day after the other in March. David Wynn-Williams, 55, a respected astrobiologist with the British Antarctic Survey, who
studied the habits of microbes that might survive in outer space, died in a freak road accident near his home in Cambridge, England. He was hit by a
car while he was jogging.The following day, Steven Mostow, 63, known as Dr. Flu for his expertise in treating influenza, and a noted expert in
bioterrorism, died when the airplane he was piloting crashed near Denver.
1. Nov. 12, 2001-Benito Que was said to have been beaten in a Miami parking lot and died later.
2. Nov. 16, 2001-Don C. Wiley went missing. Was found Dec. 20. Investigators said he got dizzy on a Memphis bridge and fell to his death in a
3. Nov. 21, 2001-Vladimir Pasechnik, former high-level Russian microbiologist who defected in 1989 to the U.K. apparently died from a stroke.
4. Dec. 10, 2001-Robert M. Schwartz was stabbed to death in Leesberg, Va. Three Satanists have been arrested.
5. Dec. 14, 2001-Nguyen Van Set died in an airlock filled with nitrogen in his lab in Geelong, Australia.
6. Feb. 9, 2002-Victor Korshunov had his head bashed in near his home in Moscow.
7. Feb. 14, 2002-Ian Langford was found partially naked and wedged under a chair in Norwich, England.
8. 9. Feb. 28, 2002-San Francisco resident Tanya Holzmayer was killed by a microbiologist colleague, Guyang Huang, who shot her as she took delivery
of a pizza and then apparently shot himself.
10. March 24, 2002-David Wynn-Williams died in a road accident near his home in Cambridge, England.
11. March 25, 2002-Steven Mostow of the Colorado Health Sciences Centre, killed in a plane he was flying near Denver.
Dan Burisch Area 51 Microbiologist
edit on 28-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)