It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Girl get Guinness Book Record!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have no idea where to put this, so it will start here.

At first I felt very sorry for this little girl.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92d7ee9f8063.jpg[/atsimg]

this is real, and she has a very rare genetic disorder. She seems to be fine with herself and even enjoys the attention she gets. I am glad she can see the good side of this and not let it bring her down as it would most of us.

Supatra is one of just 50 known sufferers of Ambras Syndrome - caused by a faulty chromosome - to be documented since the Middle Ages. Before the disease was understood, sufferers were branded 'werewolves.' She has thick hair growing over her face, ears, arms, legs and back. Even laser treatment has failed to stop the hair growth. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

who would have thought.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Awwww, she's so cute! I met the wolfman in real life before and he was awesome!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's Justin Beiber last Halloween. Haircut is dead giveaway.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

a Justin Beeber joke. this early?

I thought we would get into page 2 before that came out.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Lmfao beiber

but seriously poor girl to have to go threw life like that. and now u insult her with a beiber

But I have also met a wolf person in my city he used to try to shave his face but after awhile got sick of it and if people couldn't accept him for who he was he would be bothered to please everyone else. What a tough life these poor people have. When there are normal beautiful women self conscience over such stupid things about the way they look . Maybe they should live a week how these people have to live for their lives

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks for sharing.

She handles her condition very well, and for that i commend her. Good for her.

I doubt that i would be able to handle it so well, but then again not having a choice pretty much changes everything.

Some people have great hearts.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here are some other stories about these misfortunate people and the syndrome of hypertrichosis:

Hypertrichosis

Misfortunate only in that they tend to be ostracized and teased...but I find it a fascinating study into genetics.

The particular genes that are responsible for suppressing the growth of hair in unusual places on the human body are switched off, even their eyelids grow hair (now, I would find that uncomfortable!)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

He noted in Gonzales' family that two daughters, a son, and a grandchild all had hypertrichosis.

that would make it a genetic trait. I wonder how it could be identified?

this is a seriously strange phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

This family has more than one member showing the syndrome, and yes...some types of this aberration are genetic.

Jesus Acerves

Fascinating. Except for the pain of enduring the scorching heat during our summers, I often wondered what our lives would be like if we had 'pelts'.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I also think that in the book of Genesis, Jacob's twin brother Esau was one of the first representations of this anomaly:

Genesis 25:24 & 25 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau.
edit on 28-2-2011 by czygyny because: color difficult to read!

top topics

join