It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paragliding collision with a UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I'd go with "other wordly" as a "possibility" only if all other known explanations do not apply, I think we should all do a process of elimination before calling anything alien. The privatized technology alone is so far advanced that they would seem alien to what we know exists.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem like a waste of time for UFO's to shoot down para-gliders?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was loving this video for the clarity of the scenery, the mountainous vistas, the music and the hang gliding. Awesome, though as lovely as it is they have nothing on NH.

I think that could have been a UFO craft...though without close study of the film I also think it could have been a rocket.

Either way, I think this video is worth watching if only for the "bucket list" potential. It will make you want to get yourself a glider and soar the mountaintops just like these guys do.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
But before I forget...I think collisions with UFO's are possible. In fact I imagine all those bird deaths early this year were caused by spacecraft flying in great numbers...maybe even invisibly. The birds showed signs of blunt force trauma yet there was nothing in the air to collide with.
They couldn't see or sense it themselves. I wonder if there were high numbers of bat deaths? I will have to see. And yes the dead fish, I think were hit by craft rising from the waters.

I think it was "all home week" in early January and there were invisible craft all over.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
After having watched this several times, including frame by frame, it appears the white object is a bird flying up the thermal updraft the people are using to lift the para-wings; the folding of the para-wing, if you watch closely, is not from a down draft from the object passing over, but a collapse caused by a loss of the thermal...

Nice try, OP, not cgi or hoaxed IMO, just a weird co-incidence...

seeker

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

You really think it is a bird? I have looked closely and I can't definitively say if it is a bird or not.

Are there any bird experts out there that can pin point a similar indigenous bird from this list?

List of birds of Slovenia - en.wikipedia.org...

I agree a bird can ride the updraft similar to this, but this "bird" when it first appears is a considerable distance from the glider and in a matter of seconds, it passes by the camera at incredible speed.
The object appears to come from just above the town below... how fast is the fastest bird in that area?

edit on 28-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Has anyone thought to find the origin of the video and contact them perhaps?!
Maybe a google search of Tokaj Fly Se or the Camera man: Kosa Anita.
Just throwing it out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's an orb - i.e. a GHOST.

Sorry - I will make this more than a one-liner.

There.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It is a matter of perspective, friend; if the object had actually been over the town in the distance it would have increased dramatically in size by the time it passed over the 'chute; view it frame by frame and you will see that it is small and closer to the camera than what the mind perceives...

seeker

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It looks to me like some fluff which was caught in the same thermal which dumped the wing. I fly hang gliders, not paragliders, but I spend a lot of time watching them. Silly bag wings, they collapse at the drop of a hat. Too close to the ground and it hurts.

edit on 2/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It would have to be a big bit of fluff to see from that distance, it must be further away from us than the canopy of the 'chute as we cant see it once it reaches the height of the 'chute.

im sticking to it being a bird.
edit on 28/2/2011 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Actually, it can be seen in between the wing and the camera. Looks much closer to the camera.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good find.

I used the old technique of pressing pause then play, pause then play to try and get a frame by frame-ish view of where it went.

Total fail on my part

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

At 2:10 there is a dark dot at the top of the distant mountain that starts raising into the sky. Actually, it looks like it is getting larger (closer?). we lose sight of it when the camera move away as it is following the action.

Some will say it is a hot air balloon, but for the distance, it seems like it raises too fast for that. And I don't believe hot air ballooning is done in mountainous areas, too much moving air, thus, the reason why these folks are out doing their thing.

As the the white object, it definitely comes too fast for a bird. Its motions seems a bit jerky. And why don't we see it pass nearer the camera after it passes the canopy?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

The dark spot is another paraglider.
One who had launched successfully.

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Actually, it can be seen in between the wing and the camera. Looks much closer to the camera.

So it passed under the canopy, hit a rope and collapsed the canopy literally by turning it inside out. And we can see that the canopy did first collapse in that area.

link   

No. The wing collapsed because of turbulence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No. The wing collapsed because of turbulence.

Oh, yeah, sure. UFOs don't exist. Sorry.

Typical response, ignore the action and come with a natural theory. Remember swamp gas?
edit on 28-2-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Aliensun because: word correction

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You're right. A tiny UFO did it.
Here an invisible UFO did it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You're right. A tiny UFO did it.
Here an invisible UFO did it.

Ah, yes, mock the truth speaker when you have no more ammo.

I like the old Phrage better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join