It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paragliding collision with a UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Slovenia. Kobala 2006

Experienced pilot. Look at the white light in the red frame.

I've watched it several times and all I can come up with is possible CGI.
It can't be an insect, dandelions, moth, as it moves too fast and has a 3D depth perception from when it appears to where it passes by the camera.

It looks re-creatable, but I have never came across one of these types of UFOs from this close a perspective.
Seems like a perfect place to put a passing UFO considering the air drag it seems to cause to the glider.
Perfect CGI insertion or real phenomenon?

Thoughts & opinions?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Skip to 2:04 to see the thing lol. The first 2 mins are just some weird music and the guys getting ready.

Looks like an air pocket to me...maybe the object was added afterwards to give the impression that it caused the lack of air pressure ( i dont know the term but thermal pocket springs to mind?? )

Its the same thing that causes turbulence in a plane and rapid altitude loss.....
edit on 28-2-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Im thinking its a bird if not CGI, its way too small to be an insect and not really big enough to be anything else.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The Music is Terrible..... And that is what he collides with

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Looks like it came from below. Maybe someone was shooting something at them? Like kids shooting a slingshot or something? Don't see UFO evidence here except in the sense that it is flying and as of yet unidentified. No aliens, though.
By the way, shooting a slingshot at paragliders sounds fun!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

This thing curves at an arc, it can't be something like a projectile making an arc maneuver being it is spherical.
Watching it in real time it looks like the object drags the air causing the sail to be pulled back from the front. If it's CGI then whoever inserted it took some time being precise and as accurate as possible as if the object was really there.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Of course it's a UFO.

Nobody knows what it was.

Could have been a bird or a remote controlled plane/helicopter/glider.

Another clip for the ever growing archives of "dunno"

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The object doesnt drag the air, its a bird that flew into the front guidewire bringing it backwards and causing the canopy to collapse.

Or at least its the best explanation i can make out from the footage.

The blur of the object is most probably caused by the speed of the wings flapping to gain height.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Weird wtf was that . it looked to perfect and far from perfect to be cgi or the artist was really great at working out the sequence and the distortion as it arcs upwards at the end. if faked they did a great job of staging the whole thing even down to what would other wise be a lose of wind or air pressure.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Looks fake. There's no impact point with the parachute. Like someone said, probably an air pocket or gust of wind. Maybe they realized later it was a great opportunity for a hoax...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It doesn't look fake in my opinion. BUT I fully agree that there is no impact, airpocket is my guess too.
It could be a bird could be CGI too of course (which would mean it's fake. Done well)

link   

edit on 28-2-2011 by no special characters because: double

link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

These ropes are not simple fishing line, they are heavy and holding the weight of the pilot at the point it passes by the canopy. The logic that a bird with a glowing aura around it could fly right through the glider, hitting the ropes/canopy, not slowing down at all, and pulling the canopy back as if a school bus just flew past him makes no sense.
Bird doesn't fit the puzzle, it does if you are under the 9-11 new physics.
edit on 28-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The thing whatever it was didn´t punched a hole in the paraglider so we can rule out any kind of projectiles. Don´t laugh but my first thought was damn this looks like a fairy.

Ps: You can fast forward to 1:50 of the video. That´s when it gets interesting and mute the video or you get scared for life.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

some CIA moron steped on the "gas" too much on his first flight with a copy of a space ship...
too much excitement...

He was in a hurry to visit the moon...
Come to think of it , out of all that VAST FREE SPACE , he managed to get EXACTLY in that man's glyde?!
I give up...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Looking at the clip again, you may be right about it not flying through the wires, it looks like a very near miss over the top of it. Its definately a bird though.

Its doesnt have an aura, a white bird in bright sunlight would appear ......brighter, the motion blur is exactly that, aided by the fast movement of the birds wings.
edit on 28/2/2011 by Catch_a_Fire because: added more

edit on 28/2/2011 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

It's white, it moves upward, and it's faster than the backwards 9-11 birds. If it's a bird, I'd love to see another video of an indentical flyby like this.
It's too perfect to be shoved aside as 'fake' right off the bat. If a solid object moved at those speeds that close to the canopy, it would create just about the same affect as appears in the video. Very well made if fake. But if it's not fake then we may have something here.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I dont think its CGI'd, i just dont think its something otherworldly either.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Before you come to any conclusions about this video becoming a hoax thread, why doesn't anyone go do some research about paragliding crashes and see if it is possible that a backwind was a possible cause of the sail folding in on itself. If that cannot be proven, or other factors proven, this video could stand to be legit.

Fyi, before I watch any video on ATS, I usually have my sound off just in case there is any bad music playing in the background of the video

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join