It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal Law to carry a "National ID" card.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sucarit
You are loosing your rights in US faster and faster, and nobody in protesting.

Is see no strikes, no protests, no nothing.

Sad.

Give it time. What is happening around the Middle East is spreading like a virus, to which NO country is immune.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
No thank you. I have to carry my Illinois driver's license as it is.

It looks like my wrap sheet will get longer and longer because I will not carry one of these. Mark my words and hear this protest. Cell block eleven will be my new home. My kids can come visit on wednesdays.

S&F

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
how does an "american" ID him/her self as an "american" ?

i mean i can think of numerous strawman arguments and circular reasonings as to why one is not required

but i mean everything from boarder control and legal and illegal immigration to governmental benefits to practicly everything one is and can be entitled to goes out the window at the same time

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You could steal someones card and commit a murder and blame it on Bill O'reilly

Officers: where were you on the night in question?
Bill: I was at home watching my reruns
Officer: thats not what the GPS says

Also if you can duplicate a GPS signal you can basically steal someones identity as well. Not to mention, hacking and lots of other cool things I would do to you.

You guys remember minority report when tom cruise enters anywhere and gets scanned...welcome to it awesome..
edit on 1-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
RFID? Interesting. I don`t know how to post links here but for information which may surprise you (or not) go to Youtube and input "William Pawelec" and watch/listen to the interview. He talks about Agents of the Government obtaining information from his Company as to how to manufacture billions of RFID chips. This was. apparently, a few years ago. The chips were based upon the ones implanted into horses to stop one (for instance) brown horse being substituted for another in races.
He also says the frequencies used were similar to those used in Deep Space - and so, presumably, could be read by satellites?
When i originally saw the interview I was intrigued (as was Mr Pawelec) by what anyone would want BILLIONS of the things for. He also says they were manufactured in factories which were closed down when their targets were met and that the chips were then taken away to an unknown destination.
Pawelec appears to have a pretty good pedigree.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hackers will reprogram the card for you and you can become anyone you want to be.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sucarit
You are loosing your rights in US faster and faster, and nobody in protesting.

Is see no strikes, no protests, no nothing.

Sad.

Hi sucarit
Even more sad is that the media will not cover any. And if they do it is always some lone nut job does not like something or other.
We have had some here and nothing in the news. I had someone crash and die in my driveway and could never find out who or anything. Nothing in the news at all. I even ask a couple cop buddies and they knew nothing.

If I have to get one of these as a DL than it is staying in the car, velcro under the dash.

I work for a large cooperation who already is talking about using this as a direct marketing tool like they do when leasing your personal information from the census bureau. Ya I know they say it is never shared but that is a lie, I know, we lease it to use for direct marketing.

I also know someone high in the DMV and they are pissed to have to give DL to illegals. They did try to refuse and the Jack boot came down on them. They are still at the DMV but had to do it.

So they make the problem and come in with the cure, like always. If this was about illegals than they would bring the troops home and use them to seal our boarders.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Hackers will reprogram the card for you and you can become anyone you want to be.

Black market for that already in the works eh, like eyeballs in Minority Report

edit on 1-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Misread.

edit on 1-3-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Probably some here have already seen this, but I read the book Spychips for a school project. Katherne Albrecht is quite savvy in her research. There are already existing patents for such things as fridges telling you its time to reorder milk, or when you are running out of meds, and can coordinate with your psyche doc.

www.spychips.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Well if this is implemented, there is nothing saying it is certain, then I will just continue on as I always have. With no identification, some argue it is a little naive and you should always have some form of ID with you, well while this argument does have strong legs to stand on I do not see for what reason exactly should I have to carry any form of identification.

Nothing within our constitution has changed requiring us to carry personal ID and there is no reason for me to do so, then why should I? Before the Social Security card and your Drivers license what forms of identification did you carry around? I presume none, unless they were absolutely needed.

So as I have always done, I shall continue on my way without any identification, regardless of what some illegal law has to say.

Right on! You might get into a lot of arguments if you're one to speed, but there is no valid law that says you must have a driver's license on you. The sheeple get real upset when you bring this up around them LOL. Quite entertaining actually.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I learned something today.

Q: I’ve been told that the law requires everyone to carry some kind of legal ID. Is that true? If so, what kind of ID satisfies that requirement?

A: No, it’s not true. Neither Illinois nor U.S. law requires anyone to have an ID card, let alone carry one at all times. An ID can be required if you want to do certain things, like buy alcohol, but you’re never required to simply carry one with you.

Because driver’s licenses and passports are the rare government-issued documents with photos, for all practical purposes we treat them as ID cards. But officially, they’re not. A driver’s license proves you’re a legal driver, and a passport proves you’re a U.S. citizen, but neither one is officially a general ID card. Legally, each has a limited, specific purpose.

www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&cont entID=6926

I will have to remember this if I ever run into a situation where I am asked for my I.D. and I did nothing wrong. I personally see the wonderful police asking for I.D.'s all of the time, just to check and see if you have a warrant. If you do not have an I.D. then you have to wait until they can verify who you are. Even if you are not driving, hell you can be walking down the road and get harrassed by the police.

How is this legal?

edit on 1-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: link

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Seriously? Is this FOR REAL? I mean I see a lot of stuff here on ATS and while I read with an open mind, I also take most of it with a grain of salt if you know what I mean. Usually stuff on here doesn't get me too worked up. I read for entertainment and for a heads up cause sometimes the news and info here is months ahead of the so called "real news" but I'm not a conspiracy fanatic or anything.

That being said, this really really creeps me out! More than ANY doomsday prophesy I've ever read!

I'm not a religious freak and don't even think I can call myself a Christian anymore cause I just have major major doubts about the bible and the way man interprets it but this totally SCREAMS mark of the beast and all that hokey bologna!

Hell, I don't even put my SS# on my current drivers license, and I also refuse to give it out to utility companies so I always end up having to pay a security deposit to even turn on my utilities so what makes TPTB think I would roll over and just let em shove it up my tail pipe with no lube and put all my PRIVATE info with finger prints and a retina scan on some little chip? A chip that tells them where I am and when? I mean, I'm sure some of you out there will say "why worry if you do nothing wrong?" Well, it boils down to this: PRIVACY we are all entitled to it! There is no reason the government needs to know that I went to the local "Adult Novelty Store" at 3:30 AM last Friday night to replace my Vibrator cause the motor burnt out in the middle of some well deserved alone time!

Awkward Much?!?!?

Please please please someone tell me that this is blown way out of proportion or some kind of scare mongering hoax!

edit on 3/1/2011 by undiscoveredsoul because: typos and spelling... I'm not awake yet

edit on 3/1/2011 by undiscoveredsoul because: again geesh need coffee

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I would like to see any of those laws. I think you are mistaken. You must have the ID for certain commerce (that is a whole different thread), but you are not required to carry ID just to walk around. I know many police officers think it is suspicious if you do not have ID, but it is not against any laws. New York City just had a controversial plan to require ID on pedestrians in Times Square, I think the measure fell through, but I am not certain.

I would love to see any of the laws on the books if there are some.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

That is not true either. You do not have to wait until they can identify you unless you are suspected of a crime. It is a tense and difficult situation, but if you are polite and firm, they cannot hold you. You have to corner them into either "detaining" or "arresting" you or releasing you. If they choose to detain you without cause, then your rights have been violated and you can sue. SO, if you are walking down the street and a cop asks you for your ID for no reason, you can refuse. Politely ask if you have broken any laws, or are suspected of any crimes, if you are a suspect, request a lawyer, if you are not a suspect tell them you wish to leave. If they do not let you leave, ask why you are being detained and request a lawyer, you should be out of there in just a minute or two without producing ID, and without answering any questions.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
This is implemented in Russia. You are suppose to be carrying an ID on you at all times. All citizens should be able to identify themselves clearly. In the United States there are too many individuals who don't have an identity within the country. I believe that everyone all countries should be accounted for. It's dangerous to have people walking around who aren't documented and we don't know who they really are or where they are from. If these people commit crimes, how do we know where to find them? If they are a part of a community, how are we supposed to provide enough resources for them?

So you think this is a good idea??? What happens if your wallet gets stolen and you don't realize it right away do you don't report it stolen until AFTER the perp has gone out and massacred a family in the middle of the night and because of the rfid chip the police come nd arrest YOU for the crime and since it's your rfid signal that was at the scene that's all the evidence they need, I mean you didn't report it stolen so..... nice try at an alibi!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Lol all I see is 'PREPARE TO CONTRACT' Fwahahaha go sheep!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
hmmm i wonder when we will start following down oz....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It will happen in Greece as well,under the name:Citizen's card.

And if i remember correct this will start sometime in April.

greece.greekreporter.com...

www.ukti.gov.uk...

I have no other comments for the moment as my paranoia is working overtime

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is a movie explaining exactly what the G20 in Toronto (in my opinion) primary goal was, something is definately brewing

Under Occupation Toronto G20 Operation - Holocaust Training

[yvid]I6rCPzXnUik[[/yvid]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join