It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Economy? 23 Facts Which Prove That Globalism Is Pushing The Standard Of Living Of The Middle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Source

A great article on PrisonPlanet.

#1 From December 2000 to December 2010, the U.S. ran a total trade deficitof 6.1 trillion dollars.
#2 The U.S. trade deficit was about 33 percent larger in 2010 than it was in 2009.
#3 The U.S. trade deficit with China in 2010 was 27 times larger than it was back in 1990.
#4 The U.S. economy is rapidly trading high wage jobs for low wage jobs. According to a new report from the National Employment Law Project, higher wage industries accounted for 40 percent of the job losses over the past 12 months but only 14 percent of the job growth. Lower wage industries accounted for just 23 percent of the job losses over the past 12 months and a whopping 49 percent of the job growth.
#5 Between December 2000 and December 2010, 38 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Ohio were lost, 42 percent of the manufacturing jobs in North Carolina were lost and 48 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Michigan were lost.

The other 18 are on the link. This whole Monday seems like doom and gloom. I'm not saying it isn't justified though. Where are the bunnies and rainbows?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I suppose my observation is that the cause of our government deficit is plainly obvious and has been to every single administration and congress since before social security was signed in to law and yet its completely ignored. It sure seems like their was a conspiracy to implement a program which was guaranteed to collapse the government. The government as a result of its slipping and falling in to the abyss has grabbed on to our businesses and our wallets and won't let go until we fall in to the abyss with it.

The whole thing is insane and it makes me sick that no one will address the problem until its destroyed all of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm one of those people that believe a picture is worth 1000 words. ZeroHedge recently had an article that reference a Mother Jones article that is a series of graphs that will take your breath away.

motherjones.com...

Words can NOT describe.

new topics

join