It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears (Especially Baby One More Time), Rihanna, The Olsen Twins. All were teens sexualized for the heterosexual male demographic.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The "Birth Right Orientation" vs. "Learned Behavior/Fetish" is the crux of the argument here

So you don't believe in Heterosexual birth right orientation?

Is that what you are saying? Everyone discovers their "true" sexual orientation by life experiences?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by hawaii50th[
You really make me laugh, your credibility. Who are you to talk and point the finger on someone judging. Now your judging me for judging someone else. Your dead in the water. Your no different than anybody else, but you play this pious person, of wisdom. You really need to take a look in the mirror before you make judgements about others and before you start preaching. You also need to read all the post before even making one yourself.
Stop playing this pious role, it's old and lost steam already.

Peace Brother.

I judge no man, I am simply pointing out the cause and effect of your relationships. I am on no one side other than the truth. I call out everyone equally and only address their behavior to one another.

I judge all how I want to be judged. As worthy of being in the Kingdom of Heaven, but I know they will never enter if they do not quit judging one another.

I do not judge you my friend. I know what road you traveled to get where you are. I know how much faith you have in your way. It is your truth and you treasure it more than life itself.

But, the truth about God is, once you have stopped searching, you have settled for an Idol. He is too complex to ever know the fullness of. Do you really think one book could contain him?

Open your mind and your heart. The limits you set are your own.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

I told you this before, I will never stop learning till the day I die. And no, we don't know the full mind of God, only when we reach heaven will we completely understand. And that goes for everyone else. Also, people put people in leadership status whether it is in religious denominations, corporations, politics, etc. on pedestals and when they screw up oh boy are they dirt. Especially when it comes to religion, the whole lot is no damn good, so they throw out the baby with the bath water, they denounce the whole of God. Nobody, is perfect, it is the man or woman that screws up, not God, so I wish people would stop blaming God for everything that is wrong on this old earth and look at themselves as the problem, everyone has the gift of free will, the freedom to choose their own destiny. And if they choose their destiny to ruin, it's their own fault and no one else, if they choose good than they are blessed. For those that are suppressed when we have opportunity to help than we should wholeheartedly.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
. . . .his mother asked me if I thought that if he had known the out come of his life, would he have still chose to live as a gay person

You DO NOT CHOOSE to be gay. There are plenty of heteros that were abused as children who remained heteros.

I had an amazing co-worker who was gay - - who died of AIDS. NO he did not choose to be gay - - he was gay.

And YES - - he flat out told me "who in their right mind would choose to be gay". It is NOT A CHOICE.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by hawaii50th[
You really make me laugh, your credibility. Who are you to talk and point the finger on someone judging. Now your judging me for judging someone else. Your dead in the water. Your no different than anybody else, but you play this pious person, of wisdom. You really need to take a look in the mirror before you make judgements about others and before you start preaching. You also need to read all the post before even making one yourself.
Stop playing this pious role, it's old and lost steam already.

Peace Brother.

I judge no man, I am simply pointing out the cause and effect of your relationships. I am on no one side other than the truth. I call out everyone equally and only address their behavior to one another.

I judge all how I want to be judged. As worthy of being in the Kingdom of Heaven, but I know they will never enter if they do not quit judging one another.

I do not judge you my friend. I know what road you traveled to get where you are. I know how much faith you have in your way. It is your truth and you treasure it more than life itself.

But, the truth about God is, once you have stopped searching, you have settled for an Idol. He is too complex to ever know the fullness of. Do you really think one book could contain him?

Open your mind and your heart. The limits you set are your own.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

You say you don't but you do. Anyone with half a mind will say you do. You will never learn because you are so pious and transparent. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time, and you don't fool me one bit, just yourself. And you thought you had it together.

Peace Brother

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

You sound like a very angry person.

You still beleive gay people have a choice when it comes to their sexuality.
You say you can learn. Please read the info on this link.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's about gay people here in the Uk during the 50's. They were given electrshock therapy to 'correct' their sexuality.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I told you this before, I will never stop learning till the day I die. And no, we don't know the full mind of God, only when we reach heaven will we completely understand. And that goes for everyone else. Also, people put people in leadership status whether it is in religious denominations, corporations, politics, etc. on pedestals and when they screw up oh boy are they dirt. Especially when it comes to religion, the whole lot is no damn good, so they throw out the baby with the bath water, they denounce the whole of God. Nobody, is perfect, it is the man or woman that screws up, not God, so I wish people would stop blaming God for everything that is wrong on this old earth and look at themselves as the problem, everyone has the gift of free will, the freedom to choose their own destiny. And if they choose their destiny to ruin, it's their own fault and no one else, if they choose good than they are blessed. For those that are suppressed when we have opportunity to help than we should wholeheartedly.

The help you are supposed to be providing is Love and acceptance. That is what Jesus taught. So many want to claim to walk in his ways, yet so few actually try. It is much easier to find an excuse, "well we aren't perfect". Well Christ commanded you to be perfect to each other. You choose not to be.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
The couple concerned are Christians.

All they are doing is following what is written in the Bible, the Word of God, the boss, quoting the rules so to speak.

It clearly says on lots of occasions that being Gay is wrong and definately not a good thing etc.

As they are Christian, they will follow what is said in the Bible, the heart of Christianity across the World.

So if following the Bible is wrong, our World is a very screwed up place and God will deal with it as he sees fit.

Remember the Flood anyone?

There is no proof the bible is the word of god. It could be the word of man, or the word of an alien looked upon as a god.

The world isn't screwed up just because someone doesn't follow the bible, a book written by men, which states being gay is wrong. Thinking so seems insane.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

. . . .his mother asked me if I thought that if he had known the out come of his life, would he have still chose to live as a gay person

You DO NOT CHOOSE to be gay. There are plenty of heteros that were abused as children who remained heteros.

I had an amazing co-worker who was gay - - who died of AIDS. NO he did not choose to be gay - - he was gay.

And YES - - he flat out told me "who in their right mind would choose to be gay". It is NOT A CHOICE.

I think it isn't a choice sometimes because we've all been male and female in past lives. Maybe he was female in the previous life and these natural preferences or urges carried through to the next life.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Originally posted by minkey53
The couple concerned are Christians.

All they are doing is following what is written in the Bible, the Word of God, the boss, quoting the rules so to speak.

It clearly says on lots of occasions that being Gay is wrong and definately not a good thing etc.

As they are Christian, they will follow what is said in the Bible, the heart of Christianity across the World.

So if following the Bible is wrong, our World is a very screwed up place and God will deal with it as he sees fit.

Remember the Flood anyone?

Please. There are many religious texts in this world other than the bible. I do not follow the word of the bible. It is merely a cultural text pertaining to the early civilization of jewish folk. The NT does have some parables that I would agree with but, on the whole most of it is again, a text on early christian culture.

What happened to this devout couple is sad. I have no problem with their religion or the way that they raise their foster children, of which they apparently had many. I don't live in the UK but I have seen many reports of the pro-gay camp receiving unequal privileges. I don't see why a gay couple can adopt a child but a christian couple cannot. The courts argument is that this christian couple might provide a negative environment for a child that was born with or had strong tendencies toward homosexuality(who knows how that works). Obviously, the opposite is also true: A gay couple raising a 100% heterosexual child could provide a negative environment for that child. Same sex parents painting a man-woman relationship as negative is just as damaging. This court's ruling is absurd. They apply their protective ruling to one group of children but do not even consider the damage that could be done to a heterosexual child by two same sex parents. Hell, that child could grow up thinking that men-women relationships are bad merely due to being raised by same sex parents. That does as much harm as parents imparting beliefs to gay children that homosexual relationships are bad.

Bottom line - fitness as providers and parent figures should take priority over personal attitudes regarding a sensitive subject(that is how the gay issue seems to me across the ocean in the US).

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
I think it isn't a choice sometimes because we've all been male and female in past lives. Maybe he was female in the previous life and these natural preferences or urges carried through to the next life.

That's kind of a different discussion.

Its still not a preference. There is something genetic.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears (Especially Baby One More Time), Rihanna, The Olsen Twins. All were teens sexualized for the heterosexual male demographic.

All of those women got paid well to do just that. What exactly is your point? The men made off in the deal...they got to have cheap thrills watching these women(beautiful women I will add). The women were paid well to exploit sexuality.

What is your point here?

PS: I was a teenager when most of these women were teenagers. I enjoyed VERY MUCH....observing them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
A gay couple raising a 100% heterosexual child could provide a negative environment for that child. Same sex parents painting a man-woman relationship as negative is just as damaging.

Actually - - gay parents lean more toward raising their children as straight.

They know what they went through - - and don't want their own children to go through it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
By the way....where are all the women in the bible. So many men. I don't think Eve had the super powers to please them all in the beginning. So what did the men do for pleasure....each other or sheep!? The bible is so hateful towards women. Maybe Lilith (the forbidden fruit ) came back and pissed off Adam so he cried to daddy once again so daddy decided to make another rule for his whining son! If Adam had a mother this would all be so different. Just sayin' . I dont do LoL's but it is deserving at this point! LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Another thing to add...My 23 year old son has his own recording studio, my 21 year old daughter goes to U.S.D, my 11 year old is an honor student and is a a very talented musician. I first started out of the closet in Jr. High. couldn't hack the abuse from other kids and theiI parents....went back in the closet had 2 children I raised on my own for a while, and finally after years of struggling at the age of 26 came back out for good. My children have been raised by me and my partner. None of them are homosexuals and to tell you the truth, according to all their friends....we are coolest parents they know.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

I was replying to a post made by sara123123 on the previous page where she bashes Elton John for having teenage boys on stage.

If a heterosexual performer built a show around making female children the object of sexual pleasure, I would not want that person taking care of foster kids either! How about you?

I was just pointing out that young girls are sexualized too.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You misunderstood me, I just did not have any answer to give her. How can I know another persons mind. I do believe that sexual abuse causes men or women to choose to go in a different direction because of the trauma that abuse can trigger in a persons mind. Not everyone will react in the same way, no two people are alike but yet trauma to the brain can trigger different reactions. There are different tolerance levels in every humans mind of every emotion, basically of every kind of anything imaginable. The human brain is very complex and it will never completely be figured out.
I don't believe it's a choice, but I do believe there are different reasons that won't be answered ever, and that's because no one can agree on the reasons.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well, people with scat fetish do not choose their fetishes either, so should we call that an orientation?
edit on 2-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by sara123123

edit on 1-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

so you are comparing hetero perversion to homo perversion?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Fetish = A form of sexual desire in which gratification depends to an abnormal degree on some object or item of clothing or part of the body

Sexual Orientation = Sexual orientation describes a pattern of emotional, romantic, or sexual attraction to men, women, both genders, neither gender, or another gender.

So no, you cannot consider a scat fetish an orientation.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join