It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I too am hesitant to condone 2 homosexuals raising a child. Not because they aren't capable of doing so with as much love as a hetero sexual couple. But because of the ludicrous middle age views here and the fact that the child has to face hundreds of people alike growing up.

This of course depends a lot on where the kid is raised. I could address all the uneducated remarks and extremely worrying views one by one but I am not a preacher.

Just to the guy who said god wouldn't ask to kill. If your god is the one from the bible I would recommend you to reread it cause I remember a lot of killing done by him and also asking people to kill people as a test...

Also the people making remarks about playing etc. I think the guy who described him being "in love" at 4.... imagine being gay and your parents are making remarks about how evil gay people are.

Does it really matter that in the end he stops people from doing so? Makes it even worse in my opinion.

As a last word, I do not claim to hold the truth but the truth is pretty much clear even if distorted most religions claim to be about love. If you combine that with your own reasoning and look beyond what is written we would understand that all these differences should be put aside and start loving each other a little more.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
God wouldn't TELL anybody to kill another human being because it's Murder, one of the definate don't do's!

Hmm.

So, who was it that TOLD Abraham to kill his son Isaac? Here, I'll help, fill in the blank:

G_d

I know I know I know, they all say "but he didn't make him do it in the end, it was just a test!" Well what a horrible test indeed, telling you to kill your own child!

Anybody knows that murder is wrong whether they are religious or not.

Yet Abraham was more than willing to carry out G_d's command.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Those that do believe in Him follow the Bible and this is some of what it says about being Gay.

Not true.
There are people all over the world who believe in god but do not believe in the bible.

We have to a choice, simple as!

Please don't home-school your children.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by Haydn_17

I am against the idea of Gay being natural, because it isnt

There are plenty of incidents of homosexuality in the natural world, are you saying nature isn't natural ?

This planet would be desolate if male and female didnt pro-create together as intended.... there would be nothing.... not even a single living flower....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

God wouldn't TELL anybody to kill another human being because it's Murder, one of the definate don't do's!

Hmm.

So, who was it that TOLD Abraham to kill his son Isaac? Here, I'll help, fill in the blank:

G_d

I know I know I know, they all say "but he didn't make him do it in the end, it was just a test!" Well what a horrible test indeed, telling you to kill your own child!

And I said earlier that I would carry out his command if it seemed logical and if I believed the source was truly God. If some entity commanded me to kill my child, I would do everything in my power to kill that entity! That is not a God that would command such a thing.

I also love the Bible........as an historical account from one point of view. I believe in God, I pray often, I even randomly attend church, but I don't believe the Bible is infallible, and I don't believe Christ is the only way to Heaven, so I am not a Christian, I just believe in God.

Religions seem to be very caught up in labels, and new age spiritualists seem to be very caught up in not labelling anything and not having any structure. In my opinion they are both wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

'We have been told by the Equality and Human Rights Commission that our moral views may "infect" a child.

===

This decision is quite something. Namely, unless this couple is specifically willing to promote the homosexual lifestyle as foster parents to children under their care, they are ineligible.

Just WHOM is "infecting", WHOM?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

So its ok to be anti religion but its not ok to be anti homosexual?

Wow I guess the bigotted people here seems to be the other way around.......

IS that what the homosexual community wants? or just the agenda loving activist ones?

Run on hypocrisy? Make it socially unacceptable to be a religious person, and aslo socially unnaceptable not to agree with the homosexual life style?

Personally I dont care if people are gay or not, but i think that whole line of thinking that this agenda is turning toward is out of line and yes.........once again.......more bigoted then the people they are acusing of being such
edit on 28-2-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's issues (and threads!) like this that make me really hope that Jesus or Nostradomus or Cayce or SOMEONE comes and ends this madness already!
If we continue down this stupid, stupid road of petty differences escalating into vicious dehumanizing rhetoric none of us will have the luxury to sit and ramble on about how we hate so and so. We'll be living day to day running from the genocides.

Good grief...I might have a little more hope for the human race if we didn't care so much about where people rub their junk, or care so much about what others thought about such things. So much hatred and anger and DEHUMANIZING...That's bold because dehumanizing is what always comes before the murders; Jews, Christians, Gays, Muslims, Hindus, Native Americans, Enemy soldiers...
Anywhere in human history where masses were slaughtered they were dehumanized before the fact, either through willful manipulation or through mindless group-think.

Dear God people, can anyone disagree wholeheartedly with another person while still maintaining love and goodwill towards them as a human being? Can we accept that good people can share very different ideologies?

And in this case, the mindless struggle for equality has tipped the scales in the other direction, with the opportunity for a child to be raised in a home by loving parents lost. That's one more child in a group home...without the nurturing nor guidance that adults who love a child can only give. The whole thing just disgusts me.

Simply because a person is christian doesn't have to mean they hate homosexuals. It doesn't mean they are going to whisper anti-gay messages to the child in their sleep.
Simply because a person is homosexual doesn't have to mean they hate religion. It doesn't mean they are going to whisper anti-religious messages to the child in their sleep.
I can tell you what both the homosexual and the christian would do: Love the child, care for the child, try and raise the child to be a healthy and happy adult.

Why can't everyone see this for what it is, simply a failure of humanity to care for our children?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Its always the same:

You can insult Jesus and get away with it.
But insult Muhammed and your in for a #storm.

Blackmen can't be racist to a white man.
Women can't be sexist to men.
You cant be anti gay but you can be anti religion.

The far left have truly screwed us all.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by minkey53

And the purpose of quoting bible bigotry was ?
So, would you kill me if your god told you to ? Yes or no ?

Anybody knows that murder is wrong whether they are religious or not.

Do you think you might read the old testament one day?

There are many occasions where god is reported, in the bible, as having told people to commit murder.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
what would happen if one of the kids they fostered was homosexual? Would they still be willing to take just as good care of the kid?

I would hope as they are christians that they would treat all kids the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
what would happen if one of the kids they fostered was homosexual? Would they still be willing to take just as good care of the kid?

Exactly, and a blanket decision which equates their beliefs to Gay-Hating is as forward thinking as denying a gay couple because they might "infect" the child with the gay-flu.

Shouldn't the question to the parents (of any flavor) be, "Can you raise the child in an environment of tolerance which teaches respect of all people's rights to do and believe as they may?"

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I guess we can tell the Queen, head of about 100 countries in the World, that she is SACKED / FIRED!
Why?
Well she is the head of the Church, the Church of England. You know, the people who follow the Bible!

If the Bible isn't relevant anymore, according to some people, then the Queen is a waste of tax payers money.

Not a bad idea.
Illogical, of course, as head of the church is not her only role. However sacking her would save Britain a great deal of money.

Queen Elizabeth is the constitutional monarch of sixteen independent sovereign states, known as the Commonwealth realms, not 100. And I doubt that any of these 16 will miss her when she goes.

Her only effects on Australian politics in the last 50 years have been to needlessly interfere and to cost the taxpayers money to finance royal visits.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Men and women have sex to produce children, to be parents to that child.

You can't say that about two gay men can you.

I can't say that about any heterosexual people I know either.

I have three children, yet I have never once had sex in order to produce a child.

Just go to your local night club, and ask the folks there who are hoping to "pick up" for the night if they will be hoping to produce children and become parents.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Did you even read the article?

The couple deny that they are homophobic and said they would love any child they were given. However, what they were 'not willing to do was to tell a small child that the practice of homosexuality was a good thing'.

Just because somebody doesn't believe in the homosexual doesn't mean they will discriminate against a homosexual - understand the difference? The court apparently doesn't.

What is so shocking about this decision is that unless the couple was specifically willing to "promote" the homosexual lifestyle, they were denied the ability to become foster parents.
edit on 28-2-2011 by leo123 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If the Bible isn't relevant anymore, according to some people, then the Queen is a waste of tax payers money.

Totally OT, but can't let it slide.

The Monarch doesn't cost a bean. Until 2013 she gets paid from the civil list, which is a pittance compared to what the Government gets from the Corwn Estates and after 2013, she will get an income from the Corwn Estate, capped at £30 million, most of which goes towards upkeep, travel costs and all the other junk we make her do.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexuality

www.dailymail.co.u k

In a landmark legal case, Eunice and Owen Johns argued that the rights of Christians are being ‘trumped’ by those of homosexuals under equality legislation. They applied to Derby City Council to be respite carers but withdrew believing it to be 'doomed to failure' because of a social worker's attitude to their religious beliefs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I feel sorry for the kids who are adopted into hardcore religous families, and i don't think it should be allowed. Those kids will end up being brainwashed, and will carry on spreading the hate that so many religous people do

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

How many times are you going to ask that same question?
Over and over and over and over...every thread where you can.
Can you give it a rest some time in this century?
Some child is going to lose out on a opportunity to be raised
by a decent couple because they are christians.I think that is
more important than your annoying question.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Surely this problem would have arisen if one of their children had been homosexual.
Does the state remove all natural children away from parents who may be homophobic, or would rather keep the matter of homosexuality for a time when the children are older.

The couple deny that they are homophobic and said they would love any child they were given. However, what they were 'not willing to do was to tell a small child that the practice of homosexuality was a good thing'.

I dindn't teach my young children homosexuality was a good thing, the subject never arose until they were in their teens

The ruling by Lord Justice Munby and Mr Justice Beatson that laws protecting people from discrimination because of their sexual orientation 'should take precedence' over the right not to be discriminated against on religious grounds....why?

-

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

How many times are you going to ask that same question?
Over and over and over and over...every thread where you can.
Can you give it a rest some time in this century?
Some child is going to lose out on a opportunity to be raised
by a decent couple because they are christians.I think that is
more important than your annoying question.

Im sorry but if these "Christians" are going to bring them up witn their views that being gay is bad, then these people should not be able to foster children. I think its disgusting how children are brainwashed with this crap!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join