It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If we can deny rights because one is christian....then why should homosexuals be able to foster? Are you people this close minded? It isn't a one way street. He may be christian but he may love and treat his child better than the homosexual. The same can easily be said to the homosexual. BOTH could be amazing parents and to deny one of this right is ridiculous. If your going to deny one, go ahead and deny the homosexual as well. Neither better than the other.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's a toughie. A real horrible decision for a judge to have to make. Put yourself in his position and remember you are not making a moral decision, you are making one according to UK law. UK law protects children from exposure to 'harm', of which sexual prejudice is considered one such harm. On this basis, the 'potential harm' that a child could come to he refused their application/appeal to adopt. Whether morally he or you agreed is neither here nor there, legally he had to make that decision.

However, we do not know if the 'potential for harm' would have been realised or not, the fact it was there is reason for caution. If these people were gay bashing activists and not anti homosexuality as a lifestyle choice would people have issue with this? They seem by all appearances to be Christians and follow a certain set of Christian beliefs. These beliefs are not for everybody and we have religious tolerance and freedom of thought, speech and expression so long as it does not harm anybody else, nor cause the suppression of a minority. I think the law is an ass in this case and that these people would be - on the whole - good parents.

Look at the lottery of birth forgetting the chances of being born in whatever country or of whatever race (majority or minority) and just take human nature into account, a child born into a family with an alcoholic parent is going to have vastly different experiences from somebody born into a family whose father is a diehard football fan who commits his expenditure weekly to going to matches and the mother who shops till they drop, or a parent with an illness or a parent with strong political views or pushy parents who force the child to graft for an education or ... well you get the idea, the lottery of life is just that, a lottery.

Having parents who seem as though they would be loving and stable, providing a moralistic upbringing seems to outweigh for me their belief that homosexuality is wrong. Individuals develop from their parents experiences and beliefs. I could tell you three opinions of each of my parents that I am utterly opposed to. Their beliefs had/have no bearing on my adult selfs beliefs, those that do coincide with theirs have come about because of my considered thought on the subjects, not blind faith in their voracity. There is no suggestion that these people would have taken their child out gay bashing weekly either literally or moralistically.

My grandfather hated gays, he fought in World War Two and was a bank manager for years. I didn't agree with his views, but I respected them the same as I would any other persons. I loved him for the whole package not one flaw. We all have flaws - every bloody parent in the world is utterly imperfect because we are at the root of it all individuals.

This country has got too deep into potential crimes and potential abuse and potential messed-upness. .Give these people a shot at being parents and strike them down if they # up, not before. One set of views is only a danger if it becomes the overriding emotion in the household.

----sorry if my post is a bit garbled, hopefully you got the sentiment
edit on 28-2-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

I think you are making too much of a fuss about this. The couple wanted to be "relief foster-parents". In other words they wanted to do the job of giving full-time foster-parents a break which they often need.

Which is all well and good until you find out that the couple may be introducing the child to an invisible man that lives in the sky.

Perhaps my question should be introduced into the Foster Carers Application Form which is -
If your god told you to kill the child would you -

A) Do it immediately without question

B) See your pastor immediately to find out if the voice was the jesusgodman or a demon or Thor etc

C) See your doctor and ask for a referral

D) Change your religious belief to one that you can be certain the deity will never tell you to kill anyone.

E) Tell your god if he wants any killing to be done he should do it himself.

Foster carers should have impeccable characters my friend, it is so sad that parents are not required to meet such high standards.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by texastig

Rubbish! and i think you are lying. I have been around many gay people because my brother and sister are gay. I live in kemp town, which is a gay village in Brighton. Me and my wife have had no problems here, none whatsoever. Also know many gay people in London and yarmouth. Yes, you will get gay idiots, like you get straight idiots, but i truely believe you are lying. You have sinned!

I really thought you were smart. The definition of gay means happy. The right word is homosexual. I can't believe that you would pardon perverted behavior. Homosexuals have a less life expectancy than heterosexuals. They have high rates of sexually transmitted diseases. I know if your brother and sister were taking drugs you'd try to help them. You should do the same for their homosexuality because they will die early because of their lifestyle.
You don't even know that I'm lying. You assume and that means your not smart. You should get the facts before you assume. Now you are the sinner.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

[sarcasm]
Wow, yeah, what is the world coming to when gays can adopt but people who discriminate against them can't?

You know they're even allowing black people to adopt, but I heard that white supremacists who openly say being black is wrong have been denied that right.[/sarcasm]

What if the kid they adopt turns out to be gay? They're going to tell this kid that he/she is WRONG to be gay, possibly tell this kid that he/she is committing a sin simply by being his/herself.

Today they asked judges to rule that their faith should not be a bar to them becoming carers, and the law should protect their Christian values

The law has no obligation to align itself with antiquated viewpoints about sexuality but it does have an obligation to protect a child from being adopted by people who discriminate. Do you honestly think these people will treat a gay child equally? I don't have any faith that they would.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

The same can easily be said to the homosexual. BOTH could be amazing parents and to deny one of this right is ridiculous. If your going to deny one, go ahead and deny the homosexual as well. Neither better than the other.

Homosexuals as a rule don't live by literature that demands people be killed for being christians, that is one huge massive major difference.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread here, but I have something similar to add.

My older sister has a son, in preschool. She's also a Jehova's witness, like much of my family, everyone but me. So her son started talking about a boy he's gonna marry when he grows up recently. She shut him up about that real fast, he's even in trouble over it. I just heard about it from some other family members 2 days ago, speaking like she acted right about it.

If talking about marrying other boys at such a young age isn't a sign that he'll turn out gay, I don't know what is. But if he does, he'll be condoned for it, and forced to suppress it throughout all his youth. Obviously not good, and would surely lead to other problems for him as well.

Is this right? But at the same time, where's our freedom of religion if it's 'wrong' for her to do this? How many other politically incorrect people raise children too?

While I believe homophobia is a bad thing to teach children, I don't know if it was right for the state to do this either.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

God never put it in anyone's heart to kill unless it was necessary to fulfill a purpose. Righteous without blemish and its quite literal.

Man because of pursuing after their own righteousness and lusts, kill.

Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies. And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Now that to me sounds as though following after ideals and leaders in an earthly sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by texastig

Every homosexual I have ever encountered I just felt a malevolent presence (and its not cause im a bigot). Weird vibes, if you want to call it that. They live in constant fear of retribution (And where do you think this comes from), rude to others, overtly sexual because they give into their desires of the flesh. Which is the destruction of the Flesh.

This is why they are the enemies of God unless, they are delivered through repentance and acceptance of the truth,

And most will never seek to know it because, they are, and choose live a lie.

That's because homosexuals are demon possessed, that's the malevolent force you feel. I would suggest reading this Link
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xerxes1434 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I believe that going against homosexuality and homophobia are complete different things. First, I am a Christian. Second, we don't hate homosexuals, we hate the sin but not the person themselves. Another point is that the Crusades and other violent acts that the Catholic Church did were wrong and were not justified because it went against the teachings in the Bible. About to those tribes were decimated, they were decimated because they reached an apex of missing the mark intentionally and that is why they were killed. Another reason was that some tribes were possibly related to the Nephilim that are mentioned in Genesis 6. These are my thoughts, you can disagree or agree. A final point is that we are not gullible, meaning that we are not naive.

Just because homosexuality is accepted in a culture doesn't mean its right. There is a difference between relative right, absolute right, and cultural right. For example, relative right is when something like a ritual is not considered wrong even though it might be. Absolute right is right all the time even if people think it is not fair or discriminatory. Absolute right is giving clothes to the poor and food to the hungry. Finally, cultural right is having sex before marriage, for example. The reasons why we as Christians are against it, is because it is immoral, when premarital sex occurs (whether the people know it or not) is that a physical and emotional bond is formed that cannot be broken, sexual diseases like syphilis and AIDS occur which can be deadly and are not a laughing matter, as many people think it is, and finally when it has been committed the person or people involved at some point in their life will feel guilty for what they have done and that is okay. And now back to you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The law has no obligation to align itself with antiquated viewpoints about sexuality but it does have an obligation to protect a child from being adopted by people who discriminate. Do you honestly think these people will treat a gay child equally? I don't have any faith that they would.

Antiquated viewpoints? Let's see, God says to not have sex outside of marriage. People are having sex outside of marriage and they get sexually transmitted diseases. I don't think the viewpoints are antiquated.
The data is in that children do better with a mother and father figure.
A homosexual professor on the east coast of America was giving his adopted kid to other men to have sex with. So you can't just say Christians are bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wpowell
I believe that going against homosexuality and homophobia are complete different things. First, I am a Christian. Second, we don't hate homosexuals, we hate the sin but not the person themselves. Another point is that the Crusades and other violent acts that the Catholic Church did were wrong and were not justified because it went against the teachings in the Bible. About to those tribes were decimated, they were decimated because they reached an apex of missing the mark intentionally and that is why they were killed. Another reason was that some tribes were possibly related to the Nephilim that are mentioned in Genesis 6. These are my thoughts, you can disagree or agree. A final point is that we are not gullible, meaning that we are not naive.

Just because homosexuality is accepted in a culture doesn't mean its right. There is a difference between relative right, absolute right, and cultural right. For example, relative right is when something like a ritual is not considered wrong even though it might be. Absolute right is right all the time even if people think it is not fair or discriminatory. Absolute right is giving clothes to the poor and food to the hungry. Finally, cultural right is having sex before marriage, for example. The reasons why we as Christians are against it, is because it is immoral, when premarital sex occurs (whether the people know it or not) is that a physical and emotional bond is formed that cannot be broken, sexual diseases like syphilis and AIDS occur which can be deadly and are not a laughing matter, as many people think it is, and finally when it has been committed the person or people involved at some point in their life will feel guilty for what they have done and that is okay. And now back to you.

Amen!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

My older sister has a son, in preschool. She's also a Jehova's witness, like much of my family, everyone but me. So her son started talking about a boy he's gonna marry when he grows up recently. She shut him up about that real fast, he's even in trouble over it. I just heard about it from some other family members 2 days ago, speaking like she acted right about it.

If talking about marrying other boys at such a young age isn't a sign that he'll turn out gay, I don't know what is. But if he does, he'll be condoned for it, and forced to suppress it throughout all his youth. Obviously not good, and would surely lead to other problems for him as well.

Is this right? But at the same time, where's our freedom of religion if it's 'wrong' for her to do this? How many other politically incorrect people raise children too?

While I believe homophobia is a bad thing to teach children, I don't know if it was right for the state to do this either.

By turning it into a thing to swept under the carpet or punished, that parent has probably already caused psychological damage to their child down the road. Children remember this kind of thing, and it shapes their entire psyche from a very young age.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

By turning it into a thing to swept under the carpet or punished, that parent has probably already caused psychological damage to their child down the road. Children remember this kind of thing, and it shapes their entire psyche from a very young age.

They try to push the homosexual agenda at school. There is nothing wrong the parent correcting the kid. Judge orders gay agenda and here is another Link for resources on it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wpowell

Thank you for taking the time to write that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I believe that going against homosexuality and homophobia are complete different things. First, I am a Christian. Second, we don't hate homosexuals, we hate the sin but not the person themselves.

This is a tiresome statement and makes absolutely no sense at all. Rather than parroting the same old platitudes, why not think about what it actually means.

Another point is that the Crusades and other violent acts that the Catholic Church did were wrong and were not justified because it went against the teachings in the Bible. About to those tribes were decimated, they were decimated because they reached an apex of missing the mark intentionally and that is why they were killed. Another reason was that some tribes were possibly related to the Nephilim that are mentioned in Genesis 6. These are my thoughts, you can disagree or agree. A final point is that we are not gullible, meaning that we are not naive.

You say you're not gullable, but you believe certain "tribes" (a nice way to avoid the issue of race) are related to mythical demons and thus their slaughter was justified? Okay.

Just because homosexuality is accepted in a culture doesn't mean its right. There is a difference between relative right, absolute right, and cultural right.

This makes absolutely no sense. There is legal right and wrong, and everything else is down to personal opinion - there is no absolute right - only if you believe in an invisible magic giant who lives in the sky. Oh wait....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

How about wake up. This is not B.C. YOU are discriminating. My father was a great dad and raised me very well...he is a christian. He never killed anyone. I think now days aren't more people being killed by STD's than by religious christian views?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2011 by LoverBoy because: double post

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Because like I said you do not. You do as the Pharaoh had, hardened his heart against the Lord. And the knowledge of the Most High. I doubt you really do much to bring yourself out of your pit of lack of understanding. You see at as drivel, I see it as the inspired Word of God because It was and is the truth,

Dude you really are a tad irksome in your dialogue and there's nothing that annoys me more than a 21st century idiot trying to talk down to me like an 17th century wichdoctor.

Pharaoh what ? Dude get a life the Israelis have thrown millions of US tax payers dollars digging up every inch of dessert for years and years. There is not a shred of evidence to support the nonsense you spout from your story book, get a life. Demons are only real in your mind there appears to be room for but one.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

It doesnt make sense to you because you attribute a hate for the ideals of a person with hating the person, there is a big diffrence between the spirtual and the physical, yet is right infront of our eyes,

(Its the compulsion to prevent them to fall) Primarily out a true love, second out of a knowledge of God's workings.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join