It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Search Results?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hello.

First let me apologize in advance for posting this information in the category, I am not sure where exactly it would go, so if it needs to be moved I believe the mods would have no problem find it a new and appropriate home.

Now, I am in need of some assistance, or maybe just an explanation to a minor problem I am having concerning YourTube.com Whenever I search for something to watch I alwyas end up with videos that are no longer than 12 minutes est.

I know there are many videos on youtube that are much much longer, hours long even, available to watch. Some of the better documentaries are always going to be longer then 10mins+/-. I know that many of them are broken down into different chapters, each usually around 10m long.

Does anyone know how to get the desired search results?

How can I perform a search that will return videos that are longer than 10minutes or so?

I am frustrated with it, as I have recently watched nearly all the documentaries on the UFO Studos channel, which are all an hour long, or longer.

After watching these longer videos and having to return to videos that are so short definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I guess I got spoiled from watching a complete documentary, even though I had to sit through countelss commercials at UFOStudios.

Any help would be largely appreciated. It may even be something simple that I just don't know how to do.

Thanks in advance to those who can help me with this.

Ok, I have found the solution. I apologize for wasting your time.

Mods, if you can, will you please delete this thread, as it is no longer needed for me. Unless you want to leave for anyone who has this question in the future, but I doubt they will.

On the yourtube page there is a small icon for advanced search, there it gives the option of returning all videos, videos around 4minutes, or videos 20minutes or longer.

Although I had 'ALL' selected it was not returning all videos. However, when I selected 20minutes or more it returned the hour long video, etc.

Thanks for reading and again, sorry for taking your time on this.

Ea
edit on 28-2-2011 by esteay812 because: Solution Found

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
After you've searched there is a blue link titled "Search Options" displayed directly under where it displays the number of results.

Click it. Then go over to the right where it says duration and click long.

You can't upload videos greater than 100MB or 10 minutes anymore. Obviously there is a way around that, but I'm not sure what it is.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Unguided because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Go to google instead, type in your subject, click "videos" in the search options, click "long" in the length category.
That's what I do because I get frustrated as well with the 10 minute vids.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Unguided

Thank you. I feel like a nutcase. Immediately after authoring the thread I went back to yourtube to check it out and found the little chevron icon for search options.

It is different than what you described for me, it is just a veyr small little icon, with no wording above or below it, other than 'options'.

Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Have you found the videos on google to be much different? I mean is the content different?

I know it seems like the internet is being heavily censored.

There used to be a sight called Ogrish that a college teacher would use to show the effects of different, horrible, incidents. Like car accidents, gun shot victims, etc.

You can no longer visit the site, or any other site that displays that type of content, not that it bothers me, haha, just figured if they are censoring that, they are censoring much more as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

One can still watch all kinds of horrific stuff if one so desires, even through video.google. You just have to make sure you have "SafeSearch" turned off.

Ogrish isn't censored. It no longer exists. It was folded into LiveLeak (whose videos you can find through google video search if you have safesearch off).

I'm not saying there aren't site being censored because there are, but they generally look like this

join