It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else having some really wacky weather?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Not sure why, but we've been getting some really wacky weather lately in the Baltimore, MD area.

-Last week we had a day where it was 65 degrees, the next day was 55, and we got 2 inches of snow that night.
-Friday we had wind gusts of 60 mph. I've never seen anything like it, and my parents haven't either
-Today we're supposed to get severe thunderstorms, looks like it might happen now. I can't remember the last time there were severe t-storms before 4 in the afternoon.
-To go along with the t-storm, there's a Tornado watch. I'm sitting and looking out the window looking, seeing this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e21bb0b2d6b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7af5f23f724.jpg[/atsimg]
unsettling to say the least!

So how's everybody else doing?

edit on 28-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
same here in camden nj and im not sure if im going crazy or not but i have been hearing rumbling like there is a thunderstorm but it will be clear outside and it ussually happens at night or atleast thats when its quiet enough for me to hear it

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Last week we had crazy drifting snow (school was cancelled 3 days and delayed 1) and then we had fog, thunderstorms and a flood watch last night. I don't ever remember thunder storms at this time of the year until recently.

Very strange.
edit on 28-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Not watching the weather?

dc weather
edit on 28-2-2011 by djexploit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wierd weather patterns are fairly normal for our area, but we had record cold last year, and a record cold February this year.

Our fruit trees have already bloomed thanks to a warm spell in January, but now the cold, wind, rain and snow have either kept the bees from pollinating or just outright destroyed the flowers.

Last year I lost two mature tangerine trees loaded with fruit due to temps about 10° below what is to be expected here.

The only saving grace here has been abundant rain in the valley and snow in the mountains. Two years ago we were in the grips of a three year drought and I was facing an initial 75% reduction of historic water use! which then reduced to 25%, which I could tolerate.

Thankfully the last two years have been nice and wet. The chance of losing all my pasture, my fruit trees and gardens made for a tense time, so I'll never complain about rain again.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It has not been raining as much as normal. February avg rainfall is 2.09 inches, while it only rained 0.85. January rainfall failed to reach the avg by about half an inch. Granted that is not something people are talking about as "odd" but it could be if the pattern continues. As for March, 3.90 is the avg and the first week there are no forcasts predicting rain. That probably will change as the month gets older.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not sure what you're seeing out your window, other than clouds. That cloud looks normal to me, but clouds look like that all the time up here. Maybe our Cdn clouds are making their way down there, along with our winter weather.
Sorry about that.....

Still cold. Normal, but too cold. I like the snow, but I hate the cold at -20 celcius or lower. I'm at the point that even when it warms up to -15, I'm still feeling the cold. Just too damn cold.

Another couple of months of this, and winter should be over....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Not only that but my thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Says to me there is something strange going on, obviously, though everyone else doesn't want to have their bubble busted and continue saying business as usual, nothing to see here, move along, all is normal, until, we start having palm trees spring up in the north lol! kidding about the palm trees but, seriously, there are those want so bad to prevent change, that they could see half the world fall part and would still think it's normal, bless them lol, and not only a tornado watch but a tornado watch in winter, in the North East, sure that's normal

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
North Georgia is having some unbelievable wind. My poor patio umbrella wound up off the deck and in the yard.

We're also under a tornado watch and are expecting some big thunder storms.

Be safe, everyone.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Had one of the busiest winters ever. Now it's almost 80 degrees and tropical here in foothills of NC.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

Is that Brian Froud? Love his work.

Yes, be safe out there in the wind...
edit on 28-2-2011 by pintobean because: Sorry, was off topic, so added a little blurb to make it ON topic lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pintobean

It is indeed. I adore Froud.

I decided to take my face off my avatar. No one needs to be looking at that all day.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Alls normal here, -35c and snowing, only 3 more weeks until spring.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No snow since 22nd December. Mildest Feb in living memory, Haven't taken a weather photo since Christmas. Definiately wacky weather here. Or rather, incredibly bland weather .....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Definite wild ride in Indiana last night. Thunderstorms, tornadoes, and torrential rains (my area got 5+ inches) and straight lines winds at 60 mph. We were in the 60's yesterday which melted the 6 inches of snow on the ground in the afternoon, and now with all the rain on top of that there is major flooding occuring in most parts of the state. Been an interesting winter here.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

not only a tornado watch but a tornado watch in winter, in the North East, sure that's normal

Yeah, makes you wonder what the spring and summer will bring. Either way, kids at my school were excited about a potential tornado, as messed up as that is. At like 11 here, it just got dark all of a sudden in the span of like less than 10 minutes. It was sort of scary... and awesome

edit on 28-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We're getting another snow storm here in Moncton N.B. Canada, I'm really getting tired of this. I'm hitting 50 and haven't seen a winter this bad since I don't know when. I know it's eastern Canada but give us a break.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We had a tornado close by about 4 or 5 this morning.
But the metro government never got the warning
and the sirens never went off!
How messed up is that?
Then they delayed school for two hours.
Crazy!

Trying to stay safe in Louisville,KY

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We had a snow storm once a week thru November and December here in East Tennessee. Never more than 4 to 6 inches at a time but it sure was a mess to drive in. Since its finally gone above freezing this month its poured rain once a week, flash floods, swollen creeks and very high winds. today we had tornado warnings and more flash floods. It would really be nice to have just one week of "normal" weather.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

I'm beginning to think this is becoming what "normal" means for our weather anymore! It appears to get a little wackier with each passing season, at least in my area. Spring floods last year, then summer drought, no fall to speak of, and now a winter with the most snow we have had in several years.
If it was just one or two areas I wouldn't think much about it--but this has become a worldwide condition of extremes.
Makes me wonder what Spring has in store for us this year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join