It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

This logo was designed by the Jewish brand consultancy firm known as Wolff Olins.

Really, any more proof needed???

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It either spells "Zion" or it looks like a chick going down on a bloke lol

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That is the ugliest logo I have ever seen.

What should have been done is a competition for school children; they would have done allot better and it wouldn’t have cost $650,000.00.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Worst logo ever. Looks like someone receiving oral sex.

It just shows the government and people in charge of the event for what they are, stubborn imbeciles. Logo has had nothing but absolute negativity since it was unearthed. But yet they refuse to even think about altering it.

If the logo is anything like the event it's going to be a dark day for Britain on the international stage. Could do more to harm our image than the British Empire itself! That's how crap we are.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by LordBucket

Oh right, it works like that does it?

That must mean...Surely not...No, it can't be so...

Is mans best friend really an omnipotent being?

Re-arrange the letters in Dog and you get God....

If you have to re-arrange the letters, then your deliberately trying to make something it isn't.

Read left to right and top line first, as is the norm in the Roman Alphabet, it reads 2012 in highly chunky and styled writing.

To be fair until yesterday I didn't realise it was supposed to read anything. Both 2012 and Zion are barely visible unless you're looking for them.

Also I wonder what the Rastafari community think of these claims. Manly cultures and religions think Zion is a good thing. Claiming otherwise is equally as racist, no?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I agree with the previous posters- when this logo first came out, I was struck by its overwhelming ugliness. Ive got to say that this effort to brand the biggest world sporting event wouldnt pass a 1st year graphic design project- there is something unsettling about the whole design, like some sort of horrendous '80s throwback, and there was uproar in the UK when in was first shown. The price tag just adds insult to injury. I can only think that Lord Coe is either colour blind or finds it politically necessary to give the logo his backing.

Whether or not its meant to spell 'zion' I have no idea, but as a citizen of the UK I feel ashamed that this pathetic offering is going to be remembered as our Olympic logo- hopefully the rest of the competition will be of a higher standard.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It is my observation that when one views the object in question, at a 33 degree angle while inverted on a treadmill and looking through 3-D glasses via the view path concurrent with a glass of water, it says "BULL". Which I guess one could say of the Iranian observation. BULL !

edit on 1-3-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
whocares whether it says ZION or not , the logo is disgusting , and from a graphic desing point of view , As a client I would not be happy with it , whoever designed it should be ashamed.

it certainly wouldnt be featured in my portfolio

the colours are just absolute PUKE !

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
whocares whether it says ZION or not , the logo is disgusting , and from a graphic desing point of view , As a client I would not be happy with it , whoever designed it should be ashamed.

it certainly wouldnt be featured in my portfolio

the colours are just absolute PUKE !

We should care if it says Zion or not. We should also ask why the Queen sits over top of Jacob's Pillow and why Victoria believes the royals were from the line of David. We need to ask who these ancient "jewish" patriachs were and why we cannot find any evidence of them from antiquity. Ralph Ellis has done an excellent job pointing out that these patriachs were infact Egyptian Pharoahs. I think this explains the Egyptian symbols all over England and the U.S.

Article on Abraham Abraham the Pharoah

and for those masons out there King Solomon and King David

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That is quite costly actually and pretty ridicuolous to say it says 'zion'..... 2's can be made to look like a Z thats all.... the dot in the middle is just there to add to the logo and seperate the numbers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
That is the UGLIEST logo I have ever seen. Even if it was completely free of cost, they should be ashamed. $650 grand for that abomination is just a colossal waste of money. A toddler with a crayola box could have done a far better job. At least it will be around for generations to come for all to point and laugh at. Maybe the next go around will have a better one.

And I also cannot see "Zion" in that. Heck, I can barely make out "2012" using my imagination. Horrible work, just horrible.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think we're all missing the SMALL picture here.

If you look at the large block "2" you will see it contains the word "london".

However the "L" in London is an unusual font which means it is open to interpretation as an "I".

I believe that this is actually where the Iranians are seeing the Z(Ion)...

Anyone else believe that this could be the case?

First post so I hope so....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
hi everybody i wanted to say hello as i am new in ats and to coment on the logo sorry for saying this but its #ing agly

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As a Brit, I am ashamed to even admit something as hideous as this p.of.isht came out of the UK...

Not doubt people got paid a lot of money, and the minister in question decided to get her kids to draw something because they were her kids, so screw real designs (that did come in and were worthy).

Everyone bows down and we have a new logo design that could have quite possibly been conceived in a mental institute during creativity sessions.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
I agree with the previous posters- when this logo first came out, I was struck by its overwhelming ugliness. Ive got to say that this effort to brand the biggest world sporting event wouldnt pass a 1st year graphic design project- there is something unsettling about the whole design, like some sort of horrendous '80s throwback, and there was uproar in the UK when in was first shown. The price tag just adds insult to injury. I can only think that Lord Coe is either colour blind or finds it politically necessary to give the logo his backing.

Whether or not its meant to spell 'zion' I have no idea, but as a citizen of the UK I feel ashamed that this pathetic offering is going to be remembered as our Olympic logo- hopefully the rest of the competition will be of a higher standard.

You never know. It just might. There's so many "graphic designers" who have nothing in the way of talent, but plenty of academic acomplishments. I was shocked when I studied art at College as a 16 year old and could work Photoshop better than the actual graphic design TEACHER.

This despite being largely crap at Photoshop by my current standards. And not even THAT good now

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

why oh why would the organisers of the London olympics want to spell Zion anyway? Oh yeah, the global plan by the jews to take over the world, sorry my bad I forgot.

You laugh at such a prospect because you know absolutely nothing about it.

"It's teh joooz!!!"

No, it's not. Such a remark betrays your complete misunderstanding of Zionism as it is being used politically and the opinions of many, many Jews (see the capital letter there?).

Don't spread racist ideals, even if you were only saying it in a poorly considered attempt at ridicule.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leprecon
I think we're all missing the SMALL picture here.

If you look at the large block "2" you will see it contains the word "london".

However the "L" in London is an unusual font which means it is open to interpretation as an "I".

I believe that this is actually where the Iranians are seeing the Z(Ion)...

Anyone else believe that this could be the case?

First post so I hope so....

No.
It is clearly composed of four highly stylised 'symbols' that bear uncanny resemblances to the letters: Z, I, O and N.

ZION[ism] is a very highly charged and politically active word - far more than it seems many are actually aware of! People are being murdered because of the highly charged meanings and ramifications of ZION[ism] and the money involved in the movement (yes, Zionism is a political movement) is astronomical and comes directly from the USA.

Once one is aware of the many nefarious things surrounding the enforcement of Zionism (as it's practiced by politically motivated 'players'), any possibility of this being a mere coincidence simply goes out the window.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This reminds me of when people thought Obama's campaign symbol had something to do with the Pepsi symbol.

Obama symbol and Pepsi:

The 2012 Olympic Logo is disgustingly ugly. I would have done it for a lot cheaper!
I could rearrange these ugly figures to make many different pictures, symbols and meanings, but English speakers read L-R, top to bottom and this either spells ZIOZ or 2012. Anyone reading anything else into it is looking for trouble.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Has anybody mentioned that it also looks like Lisa Simpson doing something 'naughty' to Bart Simpson? It makes me laugh every time I see this logo being used on commercials.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm not surprised really. The Ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair now works for
TA-DA.....JP Morgan, and JP Morgan is owned by...........

But apart from that, it looks really really really really Stupid. and F'ugly.
I always thought the Games was about Unity bringing countries together. This represents a bunch of Pieces that won't fit together no matter how hard you hammer them together, Which is the opposite of Unity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join