It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

www.alarabiya.net

Iran have protested against the already controversial logo of the 2012 Olympic Games, saying the emblem is racist and spells the word "Zion,"

The jagged, multi-coloured emblem, which reportedly cost 400,000 pounds (nearly 650,000 dollars) features four bold numerals representing 2012, with the signature Olympic Rings emblazoned within the digit zero.

Organisers have defended the logo, saying it is "modern, bold, flexible" aimed at reaching out to youngsters.
Sebastian Coe unveiled the log
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Not surprising that Iran is against this
I'm surprised that not more people are against this since it costed an arm and a leg.
That's ridiculous!!!

But here's something else
In the matrix they said that Zion is the last place left on earth
The logo also says 2012

Is Jerusalem going to be the head of state/earth?
Will Jerusalem be the last place on earth that is capable of leading?

Maybe I'm just thinking too much
Food for thought though.

www.alarabiya.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ZION and 2012 are close enough that it is probably unavoidable, but I object just on pure ugliness. That logo is so unreadable that it could be interpreted to say almost anything. Not every language reads left to right, so those four digits could be correctly read in several different ways. Even the colors are ugly! Is Susan G. Komen their only sponsor? What is with the pastel pink and blue for Olympics?

Make them change it.
edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I can't seem to get an answer for this question; maybe you have....

What exactly about this logo costs that much money?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Maybe I'm just thinking too much

Yep, I think you are..

Also, the Iranians are too. How does it spell Zion? Does it do so in Farsi? If it does, it's a coincidence as all I can see are highly stylised numerals showing 2012.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The Government did it, that's why...

Normal Company goes to Graphic artists and gets stuff done = Cheap.

Government goes to Graphic designers (or anyone else it seems) and it's an automatic 50% markup and those dozy civil servants on high salaries and final salary pensions, who wouldn't cut it in the private sector due to their incompetance, sign it off.

That said, the company I work for did a rebrand a few monhs ago after a demerger with our international arm and that cost £2 million, but that included all the p[hysical signage on our hundreds of sites and all the stationary as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Is the Govt. of Iran actually speaking out about this? I couldn't force myself to even read this ridiculously delusional interpretation of this logo.

This would be like a Rorschach test, anyone could see what ever they wanted to...

Apparently the OP and the Iranians want it to say ZION...

Seriously, Israeli's Govt. is nasty enough, you hardly need to manufacture fantasies to vilify them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It looks like a bad 80s flashback.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If you look at the two number 2's you can clearly see they are not identical, More suited to a 'Z' and an 'N'...and then, is that dot the middle of the zero or the dot above an 'I' ?

I personally see 'ZION' more than '2012'
edit on 28-2-2011 by ken10 because: edited for grammar

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That has got to be one of the ugliest logos I've ever seen. The only thing that even relates to the olympics is the rings; without those I wouldn't have a clue what it's for if I saw it somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

even if you are right that doesn't justify that massive amount of money.

If anyone remembers the fiasco of the Commonwealth games the organizer in India used tens of thousands of dollars to buy ONE small air conditioner

They bought it from a company that only somewhat existed, buy it at an insane selling price and get kickbacks and share the money.

It's like I work for the govt., I buy a sandwich for $5,000.00 and I get an invoice so it's legal, but me and the sandwich maker split the money.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The numerals are pretty clear , and theres no language in the known UNIVERSE that translates that post cubism horror story, into even a blindmans representation of the word Zion. Now and again I find myself very understanding of Arab attitudes to the realities of the world, and other times, like this for instance, I find myself flabbergasted by some nations capacity to see a dagger in a bunch of flowers.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

OK, I`ll bite. I can see what Iran is talking about. Had they put it in straight linear form, then it would not have invited this kind of reaction. And no matter how else I try to find something else in this logo, Zion is the only thing I can find. Personally, I am not enamored by this logo.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That is very strange, I can see the letters too, if I had to guess this was on purpose. There are so many other way to design that, the sharp edges on the first 2, and the tweeked last 2, they do like to throw there agenda in your face. And that dot what's that for??? The "i" or 1?? Good Find S&F!!
edit on 28-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The logo is horrible. And it's scandalous it cost so much to design.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Need I show more?...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

How does it spell Zion?

Remove the blue and rearrange:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b02897ca1b5.jpg[/atsimg]

all I can see are highly stylised numerals showing 2012.

Personally I didn't see the 2012 until somebody pointed it out. The top third of the lower right 2 is disconnected so that it looks like a square in the middle of the logo, as if something is being depicted in the middle of Zion.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Personally, if trying to make it into letters, I read it more as "ZOIZ" but anyways... that's just me.

The Iranian government is a bit slow on this aren't they... the logo was unveiled in 2007, and we've had numerous threads on it, including this rather large one from May 2008.

link   

Has anyone here seen this video? its pretty crazy and im sure ull find more then 1 reason for the logo here

link   
welcome to zion

where the future is being made today
ooops sorry thats muppet labs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join