It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does pray?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
After I have seen the positive influence in my life because of prayer I wondered who here on the board does pray. I pray with the words Jesus told us in the bible. I somehow was shy about doing it but it opened me up and I became aware that prayer does make a difference in your life.

Everyday I make time for praying. I just uses the words Our father, who are in heaven...

I have less backpains and the world around me is in a change.

Who does pray?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I was raised Roman Catholic but am now just a follower of Jesus and the bible. I pray....when I do I start by signing the cross and reciting the Lord's prayer followed by my own personal words ending with another signing of the cross.

I do believe the Lord's prayer says it all and if you really think about the words while saying them it's a powerful prayer.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Prayer strengthens the communication link between the mortal and the divine.

I believe angels draw near to listen to heartfelt prayer.

I've never been let down when I've spent time in earnest prayer, sometimes prayer being answered even before it was finished.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm not the least bit religious, I consider myself kind of a pantheistic agnostic. I "request" from the universe, to look after my son, my husband, my pets, people in terrible situations, Mother Earth, etc. Many things have shown me it works.

I feel the universe has its own intelligence, and my requests for my son, who lives a couple of provinces away, seem to be fulfilled. I was wishing for him to take certain schooling, which I never told him about, and he did it.
His life is also going very well in other aspects.

I feel like we get looked after, by something, I call it the Great Universal Soul. We also get our life's lessons this way, we just have to look for them, or recognize them when they happen.

I have had one person turn against me completely for my beliefs, she thinks I'm truly evil, even though my "requests" from the universe are for others. It just works better when asking help for others, not yourself.

That said, I don't believe in the bible, so I would never think of using anything from it.

My signature says a lot about my beliefs.
edit on 28-2-2011 by snowspirit because: calling attention to my very sensible signature

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I do, several times a day. It helps me stay focused, gives me comfort and allows me to reflect on things -- both things that I'm trying to understand, and things that I am thankful for.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Prayer is a form of meditation...

If you want to strengthin your connection with God, practice it. Also very good for your general well being..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Lord's Prayer and the Child's Prayer, both seemingly simple, both deeply personal and very powerful. I rarely pray in recital of either or any other. I just speak with the Lord every day, sometimes all day. For me, prayer is not just about asking, it is also about thanks and praise and sometimes, again for me, it is about blame.

Each time I have contemplated the Lord's Prayer, I have found another layer of meaning in the words. I repeat each line to myself, replacing each 'our' with 'my' and each 'us' with 'me'. I do not ask for forgiveness 'as I forgive those who have sinned against me', rather I ask for help with forgiving others because Lord knows, I'm just not very good at it.

Prayer isn't a majik wand, it isn't an insurance policy or a bank account, prayer is a relationship with God. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it leads to love's rocky road where we are asked to do that which we really would rather not. For me, prayer is as much about listening as speaking. But I don't always hear.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I find myself becoming complete. Prayer really works on different levels. Mental clearness and how I feel about things. Prayer is strong!

Pray is special and strong!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You don't pray do you? _

One day you'll do sincerely! I think I know where you come from.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Yes, I do, even when I don't feel like it! (I use written prayers, and spontaneous ones, and even when I think it's not a good thing, I still do it, and it does do good!)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I somehow managed to misinterpret your post Akragon?

leaves me

thx for your advice

btw, do you have two or more accounts here on ATS?

swwy

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Jesus Christ, the days keep on getting better. I feel more social towards others and pray really is clearing my head?. It is very weird where I come from. There is something that is lingering to catch me. Are they entities? Something big is promised me. The Lord can make one feel very good! Even things you didn't know about yourself can be solved. The Lord is very good!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I need no pray of any kind to be a better person, to pray is to hope to get things for free.
I rather be a person who does not judge before knowing someone (though it can be hard sometimes).
who tries to help others in order to be a better person.
who respects other's beliefs and right of free speech.

And if I'm going to hell because of that, then I'll be happy there, because I will know that everything I once did was to make this world a better place.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by Akragon

You don't pray do you? _

One day you'll do sincerely! I think I know where you come from.

I didn't say that...i do both. Its just different forms of the same connection.

Prayer is talking to God, Meditation is listening...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I somehow managed to misinterpret your post Akragon?

leaves me

thx for your advice

btw, do you have two or more accounts here on ATS?

swwy

no this is my only account...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I pray, but I dont know any real prayer's. I have faith and that sustains me. Its strange but as I am getting older my faith as gotten stronger and my prayer's more heartfelt.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
I need no pray of any kind to be a better person, to pray is to hope to get things for free.

Prayer is for connecting and giving thanks to God, not asking for financial gain. There are times I pray for peoples health or recovery....there are times I pray for strength but I have never prayed for this years ipod or flat-screen....nor should anyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The Lord can make one feel very good! Even things you didn't know about yourself can be solved. The Lord is very good!

This is the point I am at in my life. I am conquered a tidal wave of stress by manipulating the mind and central nervous system. I have done research and after years of education I developed a method of pure manipulation. So when my ex's try to be friends and torment me like the devil, I pick up my body, and place it over into a different container. I also majorly vent. I pray for other people I love. I have everything I want, but one more thing to feel very good that I don't have - a soulmate, and for me a a soulmate is very very impressive, but I can still fall deeply in love with someone that is not a soulmate, and a soulmate does not mean forever, a soulmate can be short and cause more turmoil than pleasure.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Prayer is for connecting and giving thanks to God, not asking for financial gain. There are times I pray for peoples health or recovery....there are times I pray for strength but I have never prayed for this years ipod or flat-screen....nor should anyone.

Sorry, I don't remember posting anything about financial gain, when I said "for Free" I meant without work.
But about giving thanks, I guess you can consider I pray then, because there are three secrets to being happy:
1. Be grateful for what you have
2. Help others without expecting anything in return
3. Surround yourself with happy people

new topics

top topics

join