It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown Messiah / How to convert an Atheist into a Christian by touch a must watch for all ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've been waiting for some time now for Channel 4 to make this fantastic video available and highly recommend both believers and skeptics view and learn.

Here, the amazing Derren Brown completely debunking Christianity, Alien abduction powers, Psychic Mediums, Remote Viewing etc.

I've posted this in conspiracies in religion as my main interest is exposing the Christian delusion for what it is, a conspiracy to defraud and control the gullible,ignorant and poor of the world.

What Derren Brown does here is show us that Christianity is equally as wicked as what it is so vocal at condemning, and we can see why - pots and pots of money !

I look forward to an engaging discussion with the Christian members and eagerly await responses like -
" Yes but it's just a trick, my Pastor does the real thing".

Edit - Although I'm unable to embed the video, the link works perfectly fine. It ask you to confirm because of bad language that you are over 18 but there is no bad language in the video.

If anyone can embed it would be appreciated.

www.youtube.com...//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DfLbesxxKzcM%26oref%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fresul ts%253Fsearch_query%253Dderren%252Bbrown%2526aq%253D0%26has_verified

edit on 28-2-2011 by The Djin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Would love to watch it, but link doesnt work!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the video is not working for me anybody else have that problem or is it just me??? will try to follow external link nonetheless. I find D.B a strange guy so i will try to watch this.

Edit - so its not just me

edit on 28-2-2011 by johngtr because: answer

Double Edit - It may not work because it is a Channel 4od programme , isnt that only licenced for viewers in the UK like myself?
edit on 28-2-2011 by johngtr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Personally, I love Derren Brown. I'll get back to you when ever I watch this!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From the link:

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here's what I get-

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Only us in the UK can view it...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
From the link:

Sorry everyone I did not get the above message, I'll try something else apologies-

Here you go this should allow you to watch Free UK Cyprus VPN thefreevpn.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
is this what you are trying to post?

edit on 28-2-2011 by justyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
for me who can watch it i do say thank you to OP. I am over 10 minutes into the film and its very interesting.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yeah Channel 4 only guys:

But

Derren Brown takes his debunking mission to America. In a country where his mind control skills are unknown, he set out once again to show us, not that our beliefs are wrong, but just how easy it is to dupe people into believing impossible things before breakfast. He tried to convince five leading figures that he had powers in their particular field of expertise: Christian evangelism, alien abduction, psychic powers, New Age theories and contacting the dead. A thought-provoking and controversial look at belief.

derrenbrown.co.uk...

Maybe you can watch it on this link? ^^

Or alternatively WIKI info here:

en.wikipedia.org...(Derren_Brown_special)

Evangelism

Brown performed seemingly 'instant conversions' on a group consisting of members of the public, almost all of whom were sceptics. After the first 'instant conversion' many of the group reportedly chose to leave, concerned by what they had just witnessed. Brown then attempted to 'convert' another individual and then the remainder of the group at once. After this, most participants were questioned and declared a belief in, or openness to the idea of, God, or in "something". At the end of the segment, a notice on screen announced that the participants had all been "de-converted" before they left. Though the Pastor was impressed, he wanted to meet with Brown again before giving him a full public endorsement. Brown turned him down and continued in his travels.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
To anyone outside the UK you could try using a proxy or try going to channel 4's website directly.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Now 23 mins in and all I can say is WTF? How the heck does he do this?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

That appears to be it mate, don't know exactly till watching it all. Thank you very much for this, it was very embarrassing and I felt like a twat for those who couldn't watch , thank you

Zoiks I can't watch the vid you posted as I'm outside your country apparently lol thanks anyway.
edit on 28-2-2011 by The Djin because: add

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
im exactly 36.58 minutes into this video now and i have paused it, ( this is following the 4od original link) , and i dont know if its just me but Derren seems to have something almost like a visible aura around him, freaky.

Could very easily be the camera or my eyes playing tricks but it is definitely there

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Thats what he wants u to think, I wonder if you are understanding what he is getting at. He presents his show's and tells you, its all a trick of your mind, he is not magic or pshycic, its all about feeding information into peoples brain to control them to think how he wants. He is trying to prove that people who claim to be pshycic or claim to have special powers are all frauds

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
medicine show, minstrel, hucksterism. Show me how to do it so I can pass it on Mr Brown, after all this isn't your own made up cult is it?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

yes i know that is what he does and i understand that he does it extremely well , thank you for your reply, i have watched a lot of Derren Brown before but i had never seen this particular episode . did you actually see the part of the video i mentioned where he is stood on the boat? at 36.58 i believe it was. i was just saying there is an actual glow around him.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We also see a great deal of this here on ATS even though the moto is to deny ignorance.

There are many threads where people are willing to believe anything as long as it supports their view of the world.
If you believe that 911 was caused by a government conspiracy then anything that anyone posts is immediate proof, as long as it supports your position.

If you believe that the CIA is behind all the terrorist acts.. same thing. Anything that anyone posts that supports your position is immediately believed and passed along as fact.

I think that we (myself included) all need to work harder on denying ignorance.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheelz123
Now 23 mins in and all I can say is WTF? How the heck does he do this?

What should be noted on instant conversion is that his audience were invited so obviously willing to allow their guard down. He filtered the audience removing the least likely to be manipulated.
The audience were then relaxed but expectant, he gets them to keep their feet together which is more likely to cause them to lose balance.

You will notice that he assures the guy standing that "he would catch him " , all in all the audience is doing all the work in convincing themselves. If you were to go to a christian church this is what you will see but Derren Brown does it much more convincingly , bloody amazing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join