It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the President change the constitution he swore to up hold.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Himal

Why would I do that. I don't hate him. He is a very accomplished man. Actually...

Now when you spew crap like that well I don't know what to say except.

Hate the game not the player..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

Hard core lesbian right here. LOL.

At least my wife tells me I am.

LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This site is loaded 70% one side and 30% the other side.

I'm on the 30% side unfurtunately. Reason being is that there are alot of anti US anti american haters here.

If I shall go on and obtain proof of the unleveled bias on this site I will.

Mr Simone Gray care to chime in hear. This is your site.

Lets here some facts about % of Us based Ip address VS non us ip adresses.

I would bet that beyond a reason of a doubt there are more.

I repeat more non usa based Ip addresses accessing this site than us based Ip addresses.

If I am wrong Mr. Gray please correct me.

I would like you all to know that this site is one of the leading sites view by enemies of the united state of america.

This is where the enemy comes to try to see you know ABOVE TOP SECRET INFORMATION. Or conspiracy realted usually factual/fiction based information.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
This is where the enemy comes to try to see you know ABOVE TOP SECRET INFORMATION. Or conspiracy realted usually factual/fiction based information.

Who is the enemy? Are you talking about an enemy to the government of the US? Or an enemy of the US population?

Wouldn't your disdain for the Obama administration make you the enemy?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

No actually a patriot!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I see that someone has been watching too much Sean Hannity and listening to too much Rush Limbaugh. It's a stupid law that should be ruled unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

Who is the enemy? Are you talking about an enemy to the government of the US? Or an enemy of the US population?

Enemy to the govenment and the people. People who are on here for the purpose of hating everthing about being an american or anything about its people.

No I just dont like his current policy of redistribution, forced health care, support for ACORN and his non open policy that he sold to the people. Now he is acting like a thug with his fighting metality tell the unions they need to fight.

Nothing like condoning violence Mr obama.

Nothing against him as a citizen of the united states. but as a president he is nothing more than a community organizer from Chicago.

I was hoping he was gonna be all that people hoped he would be but I knew better.

They are all consummed by the corruption and the money and power. All of them...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It's one thing to be against his policies. I totally understand that. But to accuse him of changing the Constitution, as you have in your title and OP, is just incorrect. You are wrong, mistaken and are spreading false information to suit your agenda.

I have yet to see where you made a correction to your position that Obama changed the Constitution. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Actually. When I hear him he reminds me of the guy who just got fired from MSNBC. He can be very vile at times.

Actuall I prefer to not watch any of them. I read AP news REUTERS, WSJ and FT and Forbes.

The only thing that you here from those channels like CNN MSNBC FOX and PBS is agend driven political fodder.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It's one thing to be against his policies. I totally understand that. But to accuse him of changing the Constitution, as you have in your title and OP, is just incorrect. You are wrong, mistaken and are spreading false information to suit your agenda.

I have yet to see where you made a correction to your position that Obama changed the Constitution. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I dint say he changed it. I said How can the president change the constitution he swore to up hold.

Should I have said.

Can the president change the constitutiion?

I did not say.

The president changed the constitution. Did I ?

I said How can the president change it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I love it when I nail people saying WORD FOR WORD what Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh say and then they come back with some weak excuse like this.

This is exactly why I started watching FOX News, just so that I can bust people spreading the lies and propaganda like this.

Little tip, if you are going to lie, be a better liar.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Interesting question the OP put out, however the argument is flawed as it stands.
The DOMA is not a constitutional amendment, therefore, it is not against the constitution of the United States, rather it is a federal law. The question is, who ultimately has the power to regulate interstate commerce, the answer lies in the Constitution of the United States, and that being the Congress. However, under the law as it is written, it could work against people as well, as the ground works for each state to determine what is and is not a legal marriage is there. So that means that if say Maryland decides, they can determine that all say marriages that are done by a catholic minister is invalid, and under that law, it would be very much legal and constitutional, using that as the basis for writing said law. The President is simply ordering his staff to no longer protect that law, to fulfill a promise to a group of people. It will still be up to the individual states to pass and recognize if same sex couples can get married. The states must, under the constitution of the United States, recognize all marriages, performed in other states, that is part of the commerce clause. To deny one marriage, as the population does not agree to it, is a clear cut violation of the Constitution of the United States.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Should I have said.

Can the president change the constitutiion? .

No, you should have actually read the Constitution instead of coming on here acting like you know what it says, when you clearly don't.
Then you would have KNOWN that Obama didn't, in any way, change the Constitution. You would also have KNOWN that there's nothing in the Constitution about marriage or man or woman.

In short, you COULD have educated yourself instead of spewing this ignorance. You COULD have. But you didn't.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm on the 30% side unfurtunately. Reason being is that there are alot of anti US anti american haters here.
I repeat more non usa based Ip addresses accessing this site than us based Ip addresses.
I would like you all to know that this site is one of the leading sites view by enemies of the united state of america.

Here is a graphic from Quantcast.

Source

As you can plainly see, at any give point, the USA accounts from 1/2 to 2/3 of ATS activity. So I am left to ask why you appear to feel that the opposite is true?

You've offered to provide proof of a bias on ATS and I, honestly, would love to see it. But please bring something more than a cherry picked selection of posts from the boards. It would be interesting for you to substantiate your claim that this board is a leading site viewed by the enemies of the USA if you can do so. I know many of us are interested in understanding what you base this claim upon

So I ask you Mr Black. Did you bring meat to the table, or just conversation?

~Heff
edit on 3/1/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/1/11 by Hefficide because: elucidation

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
BTW, people let us not forget or get confused, the POTUS was NOT so much as changing the actual written Constitution, but instituted something known as Executive Orders. These orders allow for the over ruling of the laws in place. Though the founding fathers tried and attempted back in those days, to prevent something of this nature from happening....

You have Roosevelt to thanks for starting that one.

Would you please stop quoting spoon-fed talking points and actually research your claims? Executive orders were around long before Roosevelt, in fact the numbering system started in 1907! When was Roosevelt elected again...?

Certain right wing pundits would like to tout distortions about Roosevelt such as your claim in an attempt to smear the New Deal programs that were the center of the health care reform debate.

They were hoping you wouldn't fact check their lies, and guess what? They were right, you didn't..

The term "Executive Orders" and the numbered list of them were created in 1907, but U.S. Presidents have issued instructions that are retroactively labeled Executive Orders since 1789, usually to guide officers and agencies of the Executive branch in managing the operations within the Federal Government itself

However, the Department of State instituted a numbering scheme for Executive Orders in 1907, starting retroactively with an order issued on October 20, 1862, by President Abraham Lincoln. The documents that later came to be known as "Executive Orders" probably gained their name from this document, captioned "Executive Order Establishing a Provisional Court in Louisiana."

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)
edit on 3/1/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I'm on the 30% side unfurtunately.

Wait, I didn't realize you're a liberal too! Hey, welcome to ATS man...watch out for the weirdos.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Here is a graphic from Quantcast.

Sorry Your graph is flaud. it is not showing correctly. Can you please show the unmodified one please.

Thanks,

RB.

Talk about cherry picking data. I though the climatologist were bad. Geesh...

Source

As you can plainly see, at any give point, the USA accounts from 1/2 to 2/3 of ATS activity. So I am left to ask why you appear to feel that the opposite is true?

You've offered to provide proof of a bias on ATS and I, honestly, would love to see it. But please bring something more than a cherry picked selection of posts from the boards. It would be interesting for you to substantiate your claim that this board is a leading site viewed by the enemies of the USA if you can do so. I know many of us are interested in understanding what you base this claim upon

So I ask you Mr Black. Did you bring meat to the table, or just conversation?

~Heff
edit on 3/1/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/1/11 by Hefficide because: elucidation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join