It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest earthquake since 1969 rattles state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Largest earthquake since 1969 rattles state

www.todaysthv.com

According the the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), a preliminary magnitude 4.7 hit 4 miles northeast of Greenbrier just after 11:00 p.m.

It was felt across the state as well as into Missouri and Mississippi. Two aftershocks where reported afterwards, a 3.8 magnitude then a 3.6 magnitude.

So far, there have been no reports of damage or injuries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
earthquake.usgs.gov

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well here we go again.
Not Earth Shattering news (No pun intended) but, for those of us keeping up with earthquakes, it is just more of the same.
I happen to live just outside of St.Louis and I didn't feel anything. Probably too far North.
We did have a couple of tornados in the area last night though wich was rather scary and odd being in the middle of winter like it is. But then again we had one New years Eve too.

Back on topic,
things are heating up and as always there will be those who say this is all perfectly normal and then there will be those who believe it is a sign of the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

I say, just be prepared because whatever "IT" is.
it's getting more frequent.

www.todaysthv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I have family down that way, so I've been watching for anything in that area.

Didn't know you were a fellow St. Louisan. I was born there, and lived most of my life there.

S&F.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have been following this with an open mind, i have lived in Stl. my whole life and have only felt one quake. I want to be prepared ,while this may not be earth shattering its def of interest.
edit on 28-2-2011 by RRstl1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It is the Earth shifting as humanity attempts to ascend. Gaia is releasing eons of negative energies.... so the inevitability of many more quakes is high. Also, volcanoes should start up soon. Simple evolutionary cycles.

The weight of the redistributing waters from the melting glaciers on Earth's thin crust has a lot to do with the rattling around.

Hang on and watch the show as some of humanity rises to the occasion into the 5th dimension.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There was another 4.7 not long ago and many other quakes - Arkansas is shaking.
Also about 15 minutes ago our house shook - felt like a quake to me and I am familiar as
I use to live in Calif., in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Anyone else feel anything?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Blujay, how are you doing?

I'm waiting and hoping the new dimension will be better than this current one.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
qvsdata.wordpress.com...

Forgot the link.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Or it could be normal plate activity as the plates move around.........

And if the glaciers melting were heavy enough to do that, so many of them would have to have melted it would have raised the sea levels already to cataclysmic proportions......

Just sayin
edit on 28-2-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What in the world is going on? Earthquakes in arkansas, misourri...the the plate tectonics have a meeting to scare the crap out of us.

Ah we sheep would prolly just watch fox news and lay the blame on terrorist attacks.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Or read ATS and lay the blame on HAARP.

Nothing special is going on, it's a minor earthquake in a place that is used to those.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
seems like the strength of the earthquakes are getting more and more powerful. If i remember correctly, didn't most of them used to be less then 3 in magnitude?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

I know that you are not seriously this dense and will chalk up your response to being tired.

I don't think ANYONE is saying that THIS earthquake is something special and something ABNORMAL!
If I am wrong please, somebody correct me!
It is not, and NEVER will be about AN INDIVIDUAL earthquake!
I know that this concept is not a hard one to grasp and being a fellow member of ATS
I know that you have the mental horsepower to grasp this.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I feel tacky for even repeating this ...

On the radio this morning the morning crew was talking about this earthquake. They said it was The Duggar Family running to the nearest sale at Aldi that caused it.

I confess that I laughed. A little.

I'm always interested in the correlation between earthquakes and the weather. A lot of people call me foolish for that, but Arkansas had some fierce weather right before this. And the sky near my friend's house was colored in the oddest rainbow. The the earthquake hit.

I hope people are all okay.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes, I felt something. I live east of Muncie about an hour south of Ft. Wayne. Have you felt anything else between today and the quake on New Year's Eve? I have felt a few rumbles and rattles since then but thought maybe it was my imagination.
I live on St. Rd. 32 about 20 ft. from the road and I swear traffic hasn't sounded the same on the highway since the quake, but once again I wonder if it is all in my head!?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NANAinINDIANA

So you felt it also - wonder where the epicenter was located. And yes I have felt some rumbles other than this since New Years.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by blujay

Or it could be normal plate activity as the plates move around.........

And if the glaciers melting were heavy enough to do that, so many of them would have to have melted it would have raised the sea levels already to cataclysmic proportions......

Just sayin
edit on 28-2-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Or would be normal plate activity, if it were no a plate boundary, but since it is a mid-continent fault, you have to look at it entirely differently.

Think of dropping a dinner plat and then putting it back together as well as you are able. You then have a plate shaped pile of pieces that used to be a cohesive whole. You can then push on one portion of the pile and get movement in another area that you're not touching at all due to the force distribution.

Just because you had a HUGE quake in one area, does not mean you're going to have another in the same exact area.

Or that smaller quakes are releasing pressure, all they are doing is redistributing the pressure to other zones within the network of faults.
edit on 28-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: typo

top topics

join