It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Readers share photos from Saturday's labor protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Readers share photos from Saturday's labor protests

www.rawstory.com

Millions of Americans were out in the streets this past Saturday, participating in the largest flare-up of labor protests the nation has seen in decades -- yet images like these were conspicuously missing from the major television news networks.

At the rallies' epicenter was Madison, Wisconsin, where over 100,000 gathered in below-freezing temperatures to show solidarity with American workers's rights to organize.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rawstory.com[/u rl]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread667632/pg1](Confirmed!) We're hearing that police have joined the rally in WI after being asked to disperse th

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

The protest this weekend was greatly ignored on main stream news. This is one of the largest labor movements in recent years but why wasn't it covered?

Well one reason would be is that it is just isolated to Wisconsin... or that the MSM in this country doesn't want to give the country ideas on these kind of protests.

I know this protest has many people on ATS split on the idea that this protest is only serving greedy state workers, and those who think that its their right to collectively bargain.

So ill end it with this poem that i think explains itself for this situation.

First They came... - Pastor Martin Niemoller
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The reason why we should be worried about this kind news is that policies made today (and over time) effect us in the long run... if this continues it will spread to different states and attacking worker unions; it will eventually effect all unions, all states and trickle down to everyone. If anyone heard of the cooking frog strategy you know what I mean. If we continue going down this road instead of attacking the root of the problem (government) then we will be looking at a job market that is similar to china's.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

And they won't like it here on ATS either. Most people here are against organized labor. Even the damn Democrats are. They pay it lip service but do nothing to protect it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by ugie1028

And they won't like it here on ATS either. Most people here are against organized labor. Even the damn Democrats are. They pay it lip service but do nothing to protect it.

Then they're minions of TPTB openly, because you're either for the people, or for the sludge at the top. The interests of both are not the same. Under this current world without a truly equal transparent moneyless society run by jury duty citizens counsels, and with high human rights, where everyone prospers and No forced anything, including slavery/employment, only volunteering, based loosely on the Venus Project (the only thing that isn't slavery therefore isnt' a crime against humanity, and therefore instrinsically legal even) then I am 100% PRO UNION!

new topics

top topics

join