It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - Close Range Sightings.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Close range sighting of object (and occupants) - Valensole, France, 1965:

The Valensole Affair - Humanoid Mischief in 1965

--

Multiple sightings from separately located witnesses of an 'egg-shaped UFO with no wings, tail, or fuselage' taken from early November, 1957:

Thread

--

Pilot witnesses 'gleaming silver, metallic disc' which flew alongside his aircraft before speeding off - object also confirmed on radar, Germany, 1952:

Thread

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have seen or thought I have seen a couple of unexplained sightings in Puerto Rico..There may have been more times...The fist sighting happened when I was about 4...I was living in Bayamon P.R. One morning I remember sitting facing the backyard eating cookies sitting on the stairs..The backyard slopped down a small hill..There must have been around 12 steps..Then suddenly a very low & loud 'Helicopter" quickly appeared overhead..I was so scared I fell down the steps and cut my right ear...Next is when the memory gets fuzzy...I remember lying down then somebody picking me up..I had hit my head pretty hard and I knew I was bleeding..I remember feeling that I didn't want my parents to see my like this..Someone lifted me off and took me to a "hospital" a very sleek looking room where I was lying down on a table bed while a few Doctors observed me.I thought they might have been Americans speaking English which I did not really know yet..The memories feel more like feelings than able pictures..I remember feeling better and feeling good about the day getting better..and finally being back home...Years later I remember telling my mom about it and our memories about it conflicting....That's not the last sighting..Next was in Bayamon again I think the year was 1974 I was spending summer vacation with my Dad (Mom lived in Boston) ...It was around midnight and we were driving home..My wonderful step Mom was peering out the passenger window , I was sitting in the back seat with my sister, Brother and a cousin..My step mom turned to us and said she thinks she sees a UFO..A single light in the horizon..I then saw it myself and thought it looked like a red light on a tower or something..The car was moving which gave it a sense of mobility I thought..There was excitement in the air ..My dad was to frightened to stop the car and after 5 minutes or so of this we continued on home..Next day the whole Islad was a buzz with UFO stories even the News and papers mentioned it.
edit on 7-10-2012 by edisonoside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by MainLineThis

I remember that case. And as usual, for so many witnesses (especially from so-called close range sightings) all we get is crap evidence in the form of useless eyewitness testimony.

If you remember the case then why not mention the tracking of the object(s) in the same area of sky as to which they were being reported by the operator at the National Weather Service Office?

Researcher Dr. Michael D. Swords who researched the FAA evidence and police dispatch 911 calls also makes some very good points in the linked video -did you even bother to watch it?

More info and links about how the radar returns were at least as bright as commercial aircraft 'but four times bigger' and how the object was originally plotted at 18000ft but within 15 seconds it ascended vertically at a speed of around 1000mph:

The Holland Michigan Radar-Visual UFO Case

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Close range UFO sighting from Victoria, Australia, September 30th, 1980 - the witness also described a kind of 'tube' appearing from the base of the object.

Awakened by stock disturbances, the caretaker of a property observed the passage of an extraordinary object -- a domed object with a white top, moving at about 8 feet above the ground. Orange and blue lights could be made out on its surface. The UFO was apparently 28 feet in diameter and some 15 feet high..

Thread

Other international UFO 'tube' reports:

Eyewitness testimony from two geologists in British Columbia,1965.

As the two men watched in astonishment, the object moved slowly across the ridge until it was above a small glacial lake, barely more than a pond. Hovering there an instant, it then descended to less than 50ft. above the water. Again it hovered and, to the men's further amazement, lowered a pipe-like instrument from its underside into the water. "At first we thought it was something like a rope-ladder," Hembling said, "but it didn't just drop down. It came out smoothly and steadily as if under mechanical control."

South Coast of Hokkaido - Japan, 1973.

He said the light descended to an altitude of about 20 meters (75 feet) above the surface, of the water and stopped,and then from the underside of the light came what appeared to be a glass-like transparent tube and when the leading edge of the tube touched the surface of the water, that part of the tube began to glow and appeared to be sucking up the bay water.

Five engineers witness UFO taking on water - Bridge to Mendonca Lima, Peru, 02-13-1979

..the whole rim rotated slowly when suddenly, from the base, near the center, three luminous "tubes" of "blue neon light" were projected, like cylinders extended straight down from the ship to the surface of the river.
They seemed to be transparent and were rotating, and looked like they were either discharging something into, or were drawing something from, the water. After several minutes the "cylinders" were withdrawn from the water into the object, one at a time.

Württemberg, South Germany -April 9th, 1970

Then it halted, did a right-angle turn towards the little stream of water, and stopped there. The rotation stopped too. "What I now observed is beyond my power to comprehend. From the dark centre of the ball there emerged, downwards, something resembling a hose-pipe, which bent itself back and upwards like a 'U' and then writhed about sideways several times

La Caleta, near Boca Chica, Dominican Republic, 06-24-1977

While returning to Santo Domingo at about one in the morning, Senor A.S. Cruz saw a light over the sea, which descended to water level, and a tube came out of the bottom and took up water. The witness stopped to watch the unusual spectacle. The UFO stopped its auction action and headed toward him.

St. Petersburg, Florida. St. Petersburg Times. 17 December 1973

Patrick Thrush pulled his car off the road onto an embankment, and as he started to turn his car around, he said, the high beams from his car showed a silvery reflecting object hovering about 20 feet over the water. A tube extended from the object into the water...the tube, which had been at an angle, straightened up and began retracting into the hovering object.

Thread

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Close range UFO case involving physical trace evidence - Delphos, Kansas, 1971:

Thread

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Regarding the RAAF 1942 encounter over bass straight the pilot wasn,t even in Australia at that time.
Virgil Brennan

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Here is another closeup
Still not a boat in my opinion..

edit on 19-6-2015 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MainLineThis

If you are familiar with the Phoenix lights case, the first part of the sighting occurred during daylight over heavily populated area, regardless of what it was(blimp, a-10s, aliens), no pics. Most people dont have any doubts this event occurred though, it was a mass sighting.

If something like that has no pictures, what chance does a ufo seen at off hours in a low populated area have ?

It also helps to have some expectation for what you are looking for to prove this to yourself.

Lets look at some of the main points of one case, Madagascar in 54.
1. mass sighting - check
2. daylight hours - check
3. unusual craft - check
4. silent - check
5. EMP type effects as it flies over - check
6. Seen at another location - check

Initially, like good little skeptics, they thought it might be a secret Russian craft. However the Russians nor anyone else had anything that could do this. Beside alien ufo, what other explanation is there?

Some skeptics on this forum like to think it is just a matter of time or missing information that prevents cases like this from being "solved". But IMO this case is solved, but for the pro alien ufo side.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
To been seen and videoed in consecutive years really nails it for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Close range object description - Massachusetts, 24th April, 1966. (one week later than Portage County case.

Judy said the ‘thing’ was oval in shape and ‘about the size of my brother’s car, a 1955 Lincoln.’

‘It had a bubble on top that seemed to be round, with red lights around the edge,’ Judy explained. ‘It seemed to be made partly of silvery gray metal with no doors.

link

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join