It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Moments of Precognition or just Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I want to hear your stories and opinions on the idea of people being able to predict future events.

My most recent example happened this evening. I watch family guy occasionally. All afternoon in my head the episode that had Barry Manilow singing to Quagmire kept repeating in my head. I turned on my TV earlier and went straight to channel 296 (Cartoon Network) and that exact episode happened to be airing. This has happened many times before (and with different shows), even movies I am thinking about will be airing on TV.

Another example: I haven't listened to radio in about ten years. I'm not much of a music guy. The only time I am familiar with a recent song is if it's used on TV or in movies. I typically listen to new age stuff these days, if anything. So several months ago I have that evil song "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba enter my head and I can't get it out. I hadn't watched television that day before I left the house so I don't think I heard it anywhere, at least not that day. Then I'm at the check-out line in Wal-Mart and it's still in my head. I'm not humming it at all, I'm trying to forget about it! Suddenly the girl in front of me in line starts singing the song quietly to herself! Why?

Similarly related: Quite often I also find myself waking up just before the phone will ring, or someone knocks on the door. I can't say that this has happened every time, but it's happened many times, probably more often than not.

I won't even get into déjà vu, although I experience it a lot, I just don't think it's worth mentioning if you can't distinctly remember when or where you've had a premonition.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
These things also happen to me, up to three to four times a day. Ranging from me simply thinking a word and have that word said on television directly afterwards to yesterday:

Was talking to my mother on the phone, she was telling me about what she did, I randomly got this number in my head "16". I interrupted her, and asked her if she had said the number 16, and she said no. - Then she admitted to having been writing down the number 16 on her notepad.

I am beginning to understand that everything is connected, and these experiences are us briefly intuiting a higher dimension.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
VERY weird you say that. The same exact thing happened to me with family guy just the other day. I was thinking about the episode where hes talking about watching scrubs and thinks to himself, "whos the funny guy?" I turn on the tv and bam 2 seconds before he sits down in the bar and says that.

I personally do think telepathy and predicting the future are perfectly real, I dont see why they wouldnt be. The gov't knows this and has invested money in training people in similar fields. The problem is though the psyche is something you have to develop. Like learning to walk, we all have the natural ability but must work the muscles out in order to do it at will, and I have no idea how to do some psyche push ups.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

You might enjoy reading about Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There have been many times where i have picked up the phone for no reason to have it ring in my hands, or start singing to myself to have it sung on the show i am watching. I have talked to a friend on the phone, leave the conversation with a bad feeling like an itch that you cannot scratch, and found out later that they have had a car accident. Have you noticed that these reactions are stronger with people you are close to. Sometimes I feel we are all connected to an invisible web, when things are getting ready to happen, our energy makes those web connections vibrate. We know something is going to happen but just do not know how to interpret these vibrations. I am sorry, i just do not believe in coincidences anymore.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

all same w/me song in my head turn on radio and there it is.....reach for phone and then it rings...solvrd a wheel of fortune game w/no letters and it was 3 words soup du jour....weird....once had my movie playing in my head and saw my ex in a gray car with a large # on hood and it wouldnt start i got in pulled the clutch switch and shorted it and started it...we had sex later and alll that,,i get out of shower phone rings i answer hey sherri..click..ring hello this was before call id so she was like huh? i said you are at pizza hut your car is dead and you need me? silence...what the f? ok i go and all happened as my day dream sex and all. car had 2.2turbo on hood...used the same hairpin in my dream as a tool to short switch...she wont talk about it till this day

top topics

join