It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Biden to meet with governors at White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Article

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama hopes to hear ideas from the states on how to best repair the United States' slowly recovering economy when he meets Monday with the nation's governors.

"Our federal system is a laboratory for democracy. In each of your states, you guys are trying all kinds of things. Oftentimes, your best ideas end up percolating up and end up becoming models and templates for the country," Obama said Sunday night as he welcomed the governors and their spouses to the White House for a black-tie dinner.

"The thing about governors is that you're in charge and people know where to find you, and they expect you to help them in tough times," he said.

Im not sure if every governer is going to be present, but I would think that most, if not all, will be there. They are meeting today but I dont know at what time.

I wonder what's going to come out of this. "Economy", atleast to mean, is a pretty broad subject. Almost anything could be twisted into relating to the economy. Its kind of a waiting game at the moment.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

He wont do anything its all just talk for the election 2012.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What the article should be saying is

' Obama to meet with local governor’s, and stress the importance of them placing strict and defining budget lines, which could result in increases of unemployment and higher debt spending.... Obama stresses the need to contribute to the growing recovery, one such suggestion was to hand their deeds and savings accounts to the banks, so they can further their hold on the people’s money.'

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
More like... Obama asks governors to continue their deficits, doesn't matter, Obama is preparing them a bailout.

Won't be long now, the FED bailing out the states. I say before the year is out, it's reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Is this a pretense?
Is this meeting on a par with clintons recent meeting with all ambassadors?
Obama can surely at this stage be seen for what he is..

Q. Has something like this ever happened before?

If not, add this as a sure sign that something extremely serious is about to go down!
Big Trouble Afoot.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I think this actually happens every year. I thinks is called the National Governers Assocaiation.

The original article got changed about an hour ago. Heres a few snippets from the updated story.

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama says public employees should not have their rights infringed upon as states look for ways to cut spending.

Speaking to the nation's governors, Obama says he understands the fiscal challenges facing cash-strapped states and says everyone should be prepared "to give something up". But he says that shouldn't mean public employees are "vilified" during budget debates.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
Is this a pretense?
Is this meeting on a par with clintons recent meeting with all ambassadors?
Obama can surely at this stage be seen for what he is..

Q. Has something like this ever happened before?

If not, add this as a sure sign that something extremely serious is about to go down!
Big Trouble Afoot.

Hmmm are these the same Govenor's that will run the Country with fema under a declared state of emergency ?You know like the one Obama declared last friday .Is the Prez planning to go underground ? Just yesterday the Mayor of Wisconsin threatens to deploy the National Gaurd. Internally the Country ,State by State is not looking good at all .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Obama wont do nothing. he is weaka nd has no backbone. bowing to asian leaders cmon!!! its a noble though, but doing that makes you look weak ya know? slow recovery? apparently everyone else but obama knows companys are moving overseas, for cheaper lavbor and becaue thier being taxed to death as well. wallstreet is a ponzi scheme,...whats their to figure out? maybe obama was elected..as a distraction AND knowing he has no idea how the system really works..prefect for pulling a wool sack over his head so they can keep going to the bank... either that or obama is that blind and stupid.
during the great depression,, preident roosevelt had congress make jobs for american citizens..buliding bridges, damns, things like that. why cant it be done today? pouring cement does require skill..but it dosnt involve rocket science*
no offense obama...you need to gut and clean wallstreet, have those respnsable arrested, get things back to normal, same as the federal reserve..otherwise they will contiue bringing in thier friends to further corrupt things, and we the taxpaying public will continue to suffer...
i dont think congress or white house sees things on OUR level, theyve gotten so rich now thier heads are int he sky and not on the same page as us, let alone the same atmosphere anymore. like they think thier gods or something.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
PRINT MORE MONEY then everyones happy.
I mean.. what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have the perfect bill to sponsor and introduce!!! Clean house act
i work in retail, management. over time, when employees got too corrupt...hurt sales and customer scores dropped..theyed come down and do whats called in buisness terms cleaning house* fire/terminate those outta control and act like monkeys. its pefect for wallstreet!!!! clean house act

top topics

join