It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan clamps down on election protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Sudan clamps down on election protest

news.yahoo.com

KHARTOUM (Reuters) – Sudanese riot police and security agents surrounded organizers of a protest against alleged election fraud Sunday, witnesses said, in the latest sign of a clampdown following uprisings across the Arab world.

Police, armed with batons and teargas have quickly broken up dozens of small anti-government protests in north Sudan this year, many of them against rising prices and some calling for regime change. Dozens of activists are in jail.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Im not really sure of the size of the protests in Sudan at the moment, but the article does say dozens of small protests this year. How big was the latest one? Im not really sure at the moment.

From what I have read, the protesters are pissed because of alleged election fraud, rising prices, and regime change. Sounds kind of familiar.....considering how many other protests are happening around the world....lots

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm struggling to keep track of all the countries going through unrest, its getting insane.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Same here. These are the only ones I can actually name off the top of my head, Yemen, Oman, Croatia, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Lebanon, Iran, Sudan, Bahrain, Iraq, and some places in the US......I problably missed a couple countries.

top topics

join