It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navigation Of Alien Craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just today I thought, hmmm... wonder how an alien craft would navigate. So why don't you all share your ideas. I will start with my own. Perhaps I should try writing my own book or movie with all my imaginative ideas.

I feel an alien space craft would navigate with pulse harmonics. That would sync with the thoughts of the operator. A sort of trance like state where as the operator and the pulses sync as one. The pulses would be very deep and full of base acoustics that can be felt. Since being able to feel the pulses would help guide the operator. This would account for the low pitched hum heard by those that have seen and heard UFO's. But it would also hinder governments trying to reverse engineer those very craft. Since humans are inexperienced with syncing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Just today I thought, hmmm... wonder how an alien craft would navigate. So why don't you all share your ideas. I will start with my own. Perhaps I should try writing my own book or movie with all my imaginative ideas.

Not a bad idea, you do that!

I feel an alien space craft would navigate with pulse harmonics. That would sync with the thoughts of the operator. A sort of trance like state where as the operator and the pulses sync as one. The pulses would be very deep and full of base acoustics that can be felt. Since being able to feel the pulses would help guide the operator. This would account for the low pitched hum heard by those that have seen and heard UFO's. But it would also hinder governments trying to reverse engineer those very craft. Since humans are inexperienced with syncing.

Interesting idea!
Hm, my question would be: ok, let's suppose you are right, how the hell do they manage to zip around the galaxy or the universe even and get anihilated by meteorites and other minor or major space junks?
A forcefield around the alien craft maybe?
Could be, as for my ideas how an alien craft would be navigated, I have honestly no clue at all. A mind/machine interface, similar to one you proposed maybe or completely computer controlled from start to finish? I really have no clue ... sorry!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Not a bad idea, you do that!

Interesting idea!
Hm, my question would be: ok, let's suppose you are right, how the hell do they manage to zip around the galaxy or the universe even and get anihilated by meteorites and other minor or major space junks?
A forcefield around the alien craft maybe?
Could be, as for my ideas how an alien craft would be navigated, I have honestly no clue at all. A mind/machine interface, similar to one you proposed maybe or completely computer controlled from start to finish? I really have no clue ... sorry!

Thanx for the reply. To answer your question about maneuvering..... I first want to remind you that a computer is a dumbed down version of a brain.
So maneuvering around just about anything, once synced, would be a breeze. Zip zip...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I agree with this, kinda like on the show Stargate: Atlantis where the "puddlejumpers" read what the pilots mind wants it to do, if they have the ATA gene. (ancient technology activator)...real clever lol

but I think it would be like that so their enemies wont be able to use the ship

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asmodasis

I agree with this, kinda like on the show Stargate: Atlantis where the "puddlejumpers" read what the pilots mind wants it to do, if they have the ATA gene. (ancient technology activator)...real clever lol

Interesting concept.... Never watched that show. Perhaps I should some time. Me and my husband both loved the movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asmodasis

Interesting concept.... Never watched that show. Perhaps I should some time. Me and my husband both loved the movie.

Stargate sg-1 and Atlantis where great, id recommend watching them however the new one Stargate universe sucked hella.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wouldn't there be the latency of the speed of sound if you are using some sort of harmonics to bridge the connection between pilot and craft?

I think a type of "wet wiring" (think back to the Matrix) where a fibre optic connection into the pilot's brain would be more efficient (because it's faster)

This will ensure there is zero lag between commands and maneuvers.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
Wouldn't there be the latency of the speed of sound if you are using some sort of harmonics to bridge the connection between pilot and craft?

I think a type of "wet wiring" (think back to the Matrix) where a fibre optic connection into the pilot's brain would be more efficient (because it's faster)

well ya, thats true

but you could solve it with an Infinite improbability drive like from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and thus the laws of the constant would not apply

lol
thats my response to any technology I cant explain

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Funny how you mentioned this. I was thinking of this very idea moments before you posted. Although this could use some more deep thought on my part, here are my immediate thoughts. Everyone speculates that aliens are "supernatural". Has anyone thought that perhaps everything that they do, that is soo very "special", is in fact artificial? Implants to amplify psychic abilities, plugging in for navigation etc... Advanced is just what it is, advanced....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Funny how you mentioned this. I was thinking of this very idea moments before you posted. Although this could use some more deep thought on my part, here are my immediate thoughts. Everyone speculates that aliens are "supernatural". Has anyone thought that perhaps everything that they do, that is soo very "special", is in fact artificial? Implants to amplify psychic abilities, plugging in for navigation etc... Advanced is just what it is, advanced....

Sorry to double post. But I had a major revelation here. Wouldn't being able to "feel" the pulses bridge the latency gap?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Theres no way i can wrap my brain around that

Heres my version though it runs on the power of the Allspark Cube!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

Theres no way i can wrap my brain around that

Heres my version though it runs on the power of the Allspark Cube!

Love your illustration
I know my idea was far fetched. But it was fun to come up with.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They just use a kid and an autopilot that sounds like Pee Wee Herman...don't they?

(A Flight of the Navigator reference, if you didn't get it...Google)...

Seriously though, assuming they use some kind of drive that allows them to bend/warp space/time...they'd need to somehow be able to do on-the-fly calculations of every object in space and where it will be at any given time (including any distortions caused by their warping). So, I'd imagine they'd use quantum computerized calculations based on multiple reference points, comparing their current location in space/time to where they want to end up.

For local (non-warp) navigations, probably a standard unit of distance, measured from a nearby reference point (it's what we'd do)...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Enters Atlantic ocean mid... Dives oh so so deep till arc craft or light bend is located. enter light bend if not right being frequency you die automatically. If correct being enter craft. Turn craft on from energy or spirit force. Once craft activated craft reads dna of driver to understand driver abilities to drive craft. Frequency accepted being accepted. Craft activates cuts on matter/antimatter transformer depending on realm. Craft gains energy from nearest star SOL. Craft charged fully from 12,000-15,000 dorment sleep. Passangers aquired craft exits out thru center planet energy source portal. Jumps!!!. Leaving no tsunami or quake craft not of 3dimensional build designed to gather and move. Leaves planet from interior energy source.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Imagine being in prehistoric times and asking a caveman to predict, with his grunts and hand gestures, the navigation system of a F-22 Raptor...

That's not too far from this thread.
edit on 28-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Imagine being in prehistoric times and asking a caveman to predict, with his grunts and hand gestures, the navigation system of a F-22 Raptor...

That's not too far from this thread.
edit on 28-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

If you would have seen a drone 40 years ago, you would have thought we were being invaded by a superior race. But wake up, we are that superior race.

Anyways, thanx to everyone for their great and imaginative replies. I will ponder them further when I get home from work tomorrow night. That is certain.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Id have mine set on autopilot but the insides would be set up like a bar. At least that way I wouldnt get an intergalactic dui maybe other planets have different types of liquor and goodies it would be fun to find out. Crazy questions crazy responsed lol thanks good laugh this is fun.

new topics

top topics

join