It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Antigravity and Weapons Systems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
And don't forget that this could interfere with all computer systems not just the compass. So the GPS will be about as useful as the compass in the same situation.

They have a compass but that doesn't mean they use it they rely more heavily on Gps and modern jet pilots don't take out a compass in a bombing mission they use gps to locate their target and find out where they are also CD you don't know is this thing interferes with electronics or if it doesn't so I wouldn't speculate this early CD take the most powerful magnet you can find and put it next to your computer I bet you nothing will happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I saw the levitating frog on some TV show been a few years though...but as to the strawberries...Im on the lookout for a new aircraft maybe the

*XFF-47 "shortcake"

(*experimental fruit fighter)

XL5

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Do a search on diamagnetics. Water is a bit diamagnetic so if you have a huge magnet lots of things can float.

I think it has to do with spin, charge, inertia on a tiny scale and resonance.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

They have a compass but that doesn't mean they use it they rely more heavily on Gps and modern jet pilots don't take out a compass in a bombing mission they use gps to locate their target and find out where they are also CD you don't know is this thing interferes with electronics or if it doesn't so I wouldn't speculate this early CD take the most powerful magnet you can find and put it next to your computer I bet you nothing will happen.

a GPS sytem has wires in it and wires are effected by a electromagentic feild. also every pilot at least looks at the compass to make sure the GPS is correct.
and i can assure you putting a strong magnet next to a computer will have resutls such as CD's being wrecked due the to field, the moniter will be wrecked ,the wires inside will be affected. dont think computers are invunrable cause they aint.

XL5

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
CD's are safe, its hard drive disks and 3.5 disks that get damaged. Compasses can be damaged if the magnet inside it is weak enough to demagnetise or get N &S realigned.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The GPS being wrong they have a back up system and the wires are not affected by a magnet and his computer wont be damaged the only thing that would damage electronics is an EMP not a magnet a magnet by itself is not dangerous to most electronics.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ok you know what EMP stands for. Electro-magnetic-pulse. This antigravity technology would be working off of electro-magnetic energy. You already know what an EMP charge would do to a GPS. Now this might not fry your GPS but it will probably cause all kinds of interference. Its possible it just might not work. Look at some UFO reports. Those involve electronic devices failing. If UFOs are real and use a similar system then our version will probably have very similar effects. BTW i'm not stupid enough to try putting a magnet to my computer. But i've seen what happens. The computer gets pretty messed up. Even refrigerator magnets can do significant damage.

[edit on 7/20/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I know what EMP stands for but that is why I said a magnet by its self is not dangerous to electronics and go ahead a magnet will not harm your computer and I know cuz i just tried it

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
DO NOT START RUBBING MAGNETS ON YOUR COMPUTERS AS SOME OF YOU WILL LIKELY NOT BE AS LUCKY AS WESTPOINT. especially dont get em near your monitor, BELEIVE ME i destroyed one in school with just a magnet.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
westpoint have you looked inside your computer?
it says on your hardrive and cd's and stuff "do not store in direct sunlight or expose to tempratures above 36 degrees or near magnets"
do you know why?
because a magnetic field will screw up the thing.
also temprature does that as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Westpoint you must have either used a weak magnet or your computer is already messed up. And it would take a strong magnetic field to levitate an aircraft armed to the teeth with A2A. So with a field that strong your gurenteed to mess up computers. Computers are delicate, back when I was in school which wasn't to long ago we had some really cheap apple computers and some kid got creative and stuck potato chips in the disk drive. What happened, they had to replace the whole disk drive.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I know that if you rub a magnet on your screen it will mess it up temporary but the computers we use at home are crap compared to the military they could possibly use some shielding for the computer chips.
Also according to bob laser im not saying he is not lying but according to him the antigravity we are trying to copy form the aliens doesn't involve EMP or magnets.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I know that if you rub a magnet on your screen it will mess it up temporary but the computers we use at home are crap compared to the military they could possibly use some shielding for the computer chips.
Also according to bob laser im not saying he is not lying but according to him the antigravity we are trying to copy form the aliens doesn't involve EMP or magnets.

oh if its strong enough then the screen will permanantly burst believe me DONT TRY IT ON YOUR TV . i learned all this stuff first hand,well not the monitor bit but the tv and the monitor are the same.
oh i wouldnt say that thier crap compared to military ones. there just designed for diffrent jobs.
and the flight sims how can the flight sim the RAF and that use be better than our home ones?
umm its kinda impossible for anti grav NOT to have magnets cause gravity is a magnetic field. so your gona need a magnet at some point. also i dont really believe all this UFO stuff. the USAF is up to something is roswel but NOT aliens something more sinister.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well to be honest I don't exactly believe Bob Lazar. I'm kind of into the whole UFO thing, thats one of the reasons I first came to ATS. I'm sure EMP shielding is great and all but the shielding on an aircraft just can't stand up to a strong field. The field has to be strong enough to lift a multi-ton weapon platform. A field that strong will obviously have a nasty effect on avionics even with EMP shielding. You can only put so much shielding on one aircraft.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What I meant by they are crap is that they are not as durable and as good as the computer electronics like the raptor is going to have 1or 2 supercomputers on board which are better and more durable then the ones we use at home could be. And I�m sure there are some ways of having your own gravity without using magnets. We are just not smart enough to figure it out

[edit on 21-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I agree with west point. Like the Dept. of Defense is really going to spend millions on one supercomputer but not spend a few thousand on a durable casing.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
no what i mean is that some military computers are not as advanced as the civie street versions.
also i doubt it unless you used un magnatised metals then i guess that would make it float a bit or you made it lighter than air.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hey what about a magnetic linear accelerator gun (or a gauss rifle) they are quite smart if ya wanna make one you can learn how at scitoys.com
they also say some stuff about railguns

[edit on 30-7-2004 by greeon]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
no what i mean is that some military computers are not as advanced as the civie street versions.

- Time is the thing.

I'm reminded of the Tornado (as The F3 was up on another thread) when it first flew it had a -stand back in amazement - 128k navigation computer on board.

A few years later this was upgraded to - wow, twice the power! - a full 256k.

I know the Tornado has had at least one real big upgrade since then....but you get the idea.

What was flash 10yrs ago isn't very likely to be now.....and that's how things are with some military kit.

Afterall if it's reliable and does it's job competently why bother changing it, there's undoubtedly something more useful that can be done with any spare funds.

BTW I agree, having magnets floating around your PC is a really really bad idea

[edit on 30-7-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You should see the raptors super computer that it has inboard if you want to be amazed but everything gets outdated at some point.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join