It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia proposes ban on 1000s of plants including national flower

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is insane!
It seems TPTwere, are trying really hard to keep '___' form the masses, that in itself gives people more incentive to look into this substance and do some research on it themselves...especially as we all have this chemical in our brains.

foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

Legislation being proposed in Australia would criminalize most permaculturists, farmers, gardeners, nurseries and bush regenerators by banning any plant that contains '___' – a naturally-occurring hallucinogen. Five plants are currently criminalized, but the new list will include hundreds (possibly thousands) of other species that are common garden plants and include a significant number of common native plants including the national flower, the wattle. [Image: Australia's National Flower, Acacia pycnantha]

UNBELIEVABLE

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Once again, another example of our country's money being wasted on ridiculous legislation.

We are constantly surrounded by harmful EMF's, buildings with asbestos, children who do not know how to protect themselves, but hey lets fork out some money to get this legislation through, and then money to enforce it.
'___' is something your body naturally produces, are they going to try and remove our pineal glands?

I have so much conspiracy at the tip of my tongue right now... but I will not go into them for that is pure speculation.
( Think global control, mind control, getting the sheep ready for slaughter, etc. etc.)

Will they continue to pass legislation after legislation until all our plants and foods are genetically modified?

***Mind you, in regards to plants the law is screwed. I can legally grow 1 cannibus plant in my backyard as long as it is not intended for sale (as long as the police dont find any bags on premises), but if they find 1 tobacco plant in my backyard i could be up for jail time, and a 50,000 fine!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm not really sure I understand why they feel the need to outlaw plants containing a substance that doesn't seem to be abused, used, or really available. I really don't see who this is protecting. Really makes me wonder what is being prevented.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

I have some very high conspiratorial feelings about this as well... it really seems this is to prevent the few people that know about '___' from exploring their mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

What a bunch of absolute douche bags, "banning" our national flower...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

That is crazy
Well there will be alot of bare back yards( I'll have to tear plants out) the sides of our highways will be bare, bare patches everywhere. What happens with the native wildlife? We cant just destroy there homes. This law cant past. Do you know if any of the proposed plants are Aboriginal Bush Tucker? Because if it is, I cant see this law passing. Its just another dumb proposal from another dumb leader detached from reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

well don't just stand there and do nothing!
go buy as manny seeds as possible from those plants AND PLANT THEM AT HOME OR ANYWERE YOU CAN(FORESTS EVEN) !
IF NO ONE FIGHTS IT , THEY WILL SURELY WIN!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

are they going to try and remove our pineal glands?
They already are, ever heard of a little thing called "flouride"?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

do you even use your brain?!
why tear out the plant?!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A step in the wrong direction

you said it OP, sprit molecule its being swept up. In what way can u counter there decision?

provocative douche bags!

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is criminal.

'___' is literally found in almost every living ecosystem on Earth. If you were to look at a list of what plants and animals (including us) '___' is found in the list would be so long that you would be best off listing what '___' isn't found in.

'___' is said to have a role to play in dreaming... Are they going to administer drugs to keep our brains from producing this compound too? It should be MY choice to expand and modify my consciousness in any way I please.

Especially with naturally occurring compounds that we have co-evolved with, so much so that the human brain literally seeks out and actively transports '___' to the brain's receptors when taken.

There is a reason this compound exists on Earth and a reason we as a species produce it.

The Australian authorities can kiss my arse

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I agree. Im way ahead of ya. Im looking at many species of those proposed plants from out my windows, right now. Theres heaps of wildlife and native plants around here.( Theres heaps of bush land( forest) for me to collect from and hide stuff in around here. I'll have a good look at the list and start collecting up tomorrow. the sun is about to go down

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have just reposted this on my fb, with a complimentary shout out to the OP .

The email adress to send your objections : [email protected]
If enough people speak up, the Governments voice becomes quieter. Any aussies reading this thread, make the difference.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I think i have a better question, these plants have been around for ,....oh say......FOREVER.
So, dmt has been too i would wager.
Why has dmt been thrust into the spotlight all of a sudden in connection with plants and such?
Something is missing somewhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by meathed

do you even use your brain?!
why tear out the plant?!
Because our government will make us if the law passes. Did you read the thread before you accused me of having no brain? Doesnt look like it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
So they would rather ban 1000's of plants, potentially risking accidential extinction, and imbalancing micro eco systems than risk a handful of people abusing this substance that occurs naturally in their own brain - seriously this drug is not even mainstream or popular.
Yes this drug can be dangerous, but so can too much water, so is sugar, so is coffee, so are most pressurised can's when inhaled, so are the radio waves that are all around us every day.

'___' is neither physically addictive (like cigarrettes) nor psychologically addictive (like THC) - most who have tried it will tell you it is not something you do for the "high" or the "hit". Most call it more of a spiritual experience, and many of them say they would be hesitant to rush in to it.
Why the need to ban over 1000 plants? This really makes me believe these '___' abusers may be on to more than just another way to get high.

edit on 28-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I only discovered dmt, the pineal gland etc. this year, I'm still learning about what can affect it.
Could you maybe point me in the right direction of a credible source or an ATS thread that covers the subject appropriately? I should definately find out more.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I have read it carefully !
LET'S BE REALISTIC : DO THEY HAVE ENOUGH PRISONS TO PUT ALL AUSTRALIA IN THEM?
AND IF THEY DO IT , WHO'S GOING TO PAY TAXES AND DO "SOME WORK "?
W T F IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?!
They can not do anything if ALL of us HUMANS are united and do exactly what they don't whant!
THEY CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT!
Seriously , THINK ABOUT WHAT I SAID!
It's the only way!
We must do whatever we whant and not fear ANYTHING OR ANYONE!
By the way : "I think" we might be A LOT MORE IN NUMBERS THAN THEY ARE!!!

WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WHANT!!!
F THEM!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I already sent. Its scary this is the first time i have heard about it. I havn't heard about it on any media in Oz. (well i havn't at newcastle) Have you where your from.
Ps. Im getting my mates to send in too.

S&F, OP

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
very strange indeed
but lets look at this logically shall we,
How will they enforce this ? A hell of a lot of weed is grown here they can't stop that,so how the hell will they stop these plant's being grown?

will they have tv ad's telling people they have to remove all these plant's from their property's or face criminal charges,good luck with that,the outcry from the general public will be massive,people will also sue the government for the cost of removal,

They will not destroy the bush to remove these plants,we are talking millions or acre's of land,selective removal will take forever and they will not just clear all the bush in Australia ,public outcry would be deafening,

The feds can bring in any law they want,but it's the states police who would have to enforce it,yes the same overstretched police who already struggle to combat crime because they don't have enough officers (In Victoria at least),do you really think a copper is gonna charge a pensioner for having a wattle tree in their yard?

The Greens party is the puppet master in our minority government (god help us) they are against the removal of trees full stop even to the extent of not permitting people to remove trees from around their houses in bushfire prone area's,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join