It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not a paid propoganda agent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm not a dis-info agent.

I have never been a dis-info agent.

I severely doubt i will ever be a dis-info agent.

I post/read here cause you guys are crazy and i love it.

BTW - Isn't anything that was deemed classified open to the public 20 years after? Or something like that?
edit on 5-3-2011 by Alina because: BTW -

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Surely a disinformation agent's job would be primarily to spread disinformation, so even if someone is one - they're more likely 'im not a disinformation agent' than 'i am a disinformation agent' because that's their job! Clear logical flaws in your argument, I don't know why anyone is taking this seriously. Tbh this disinformation agent thing seems way too overblown, how many do they really need on a single conspiracy forum? It's just a last straw resort when people have run out of argument, they accuse other people of being disinformation agents to comfort themselves into thinking they're experiencing a massive conspiracy first hand.

Very childish thread imo, it's this nonsense that'll put off any rational new members from joining. Go ahead and call me one if you'd like, I couldn't care less. Just for the record, has anyone ever even been pretty much identified as a disinfo agent on this forum? I.e. maintaining a trend of posting outright fabrications for some sort of agenda?
edit on 9-3-2011 by arollingstone because: grammar

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes. I am a disinfo agent and I work for the US government and my sole experience is to be paid here and to debunk conspiracy theories and everything they stand for. I work with Noam Chomsky at the MIT and I get paid by the military industrial complex to influence the anti-war movement and say that I am anti-war but I really work for the military. I am a liar and a fraud!

No, but really do you think that anyone here isn't a propaganda agent? One might not be a disinfo agent but someone can be a propaganda agent and not need to work for the government at the same time. They're called political hacks. Can you honestly say you're apolitical? I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

If dis-info agents were real you would think they would be more aimed at television or things like facebook that are mass used, I can't really see a government or company bothering to waste time on sites with so little traffic (compared to youtube and facebook) to really bother with it.

I also don't understand why people ridicule this page while refusing to say they're not a dis-info agent, I mean regardless of if dis-info agents are real, or specifically if they actually care enough to be on this site, refusing to say you're not supports this threads paranoia of this legal action being true.

You can argue this thread is wrong just as easily while saying you're not one, with more credibility, in fact.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alina
reply to post by arollingstone

If dis-info agents were real you would think they would be more aimed at television or things like facebook that are mass used, I can't really see a government or company bothering to waste time on sites with so little traffic (compared to youtube and facebook) to really bother with it.

I also don't understand why people ridicule this page while refusing to say they're not a dis-info agent, I mean regardless of if dis-info agents are real, or specifically if they actually care enough to be on this site, refusing to say you're not supports this threads paranoia of this legal action being true.

You can argue this thread is wrong just as easily while saying you're not one, with more credibility, in fact.

I'm just tired of how loosely the term 'disinfo agent' is thrown around here, I don't want to support the idea this guys promoting because its childish - especially telling everyone to put a link to the thread in their sig. Begging for S + F imo.

Even if someone was a disinfo agent, they would just say they're not because that's their job - to spread disinformation. There's a big hole in his argument, why empower it by stating 'oh im not a disinfo agent'? Why should I have to do that? That's like investigating a crime and shouting 'everyone who didn't commit this crime, say so!' on a megaphone. Like I said, has there ever even been a unanimous decision that one of the members is an identified disinfo agent?

Let them be paranoid, disinfo agents are only effective if people don't use critical thought or common sense and rather, absorb everything they read. I'm not going to validate this mentality and if people don't understand, want to call me a disinfo agent well then like I said, I don't care - grow up. If I really was one, don't you think I'd just keep quiet rather than willingly reply to this thread and jeopardise my cover? That's what all the disinfo agents are really doing. This is called common sense.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wait...

So governments and/or corporations are paying people to go onto forums to spread dis-info or push an agenda? This is a paid position?

I studied writing in college, and would love to further utilize my skills. All I'd have to do is log in to check specific topics, "say" something that sounds intelligent, and then rely on the idea that the people here will take me at face value, full belief, with no verification on the facts themselves?

This place is RIPE for a job like that.

Sign me up.

No, I'm not a dis-info agent; sadly, I don't get paid to post here.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Prove im not a disinfo agent...prove i am a disinfo agent...you cant prove either so its a pointless thread

You see, my theory is, that you cannot LEGALLY STATE that you are NOT a dis-info agent of a government or corporation.

And your continued posts, and refusal to state that you are NOT in the employ of a government agency for the purpose of directing discussions merely serves as Evidence for my theory.

Do you see how that works?

So, once again, for the Record....

ARE YOU WORKING FOR A GOVERNMENT OR CORPORATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF POSTING ON THIS WEBSITE TO CONTROL DISCUSSION AND DISSEMINATE PROPAGANDA?

Just answer the question please.
edit on 28-2-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: clarification

Just a little pointer. Needless paranoia does not serve any purpose than to make the accuser feel like he's learning something. Like buddy said, you can't prove it either way unless you yourself work for the government so what is the bloody point in attacking some random dude's credibility when they choose not to play your game. Who's cause are you fighting for? That of your fellow man? Or are you just here for your own purposes? How bout you clarify things just a little bit.

P.S. I'm not a disinfo agent

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
Recent revelations on Above Top Secret have lead to information that states that Paid government information agents are unable to post falsehoods, under penalty of the Universal Code of Military Justice.

False Statements made while "In the line of Duty" are punishable under the UCMJ.

(Military Law Review: ARTICLE 107, UCMJ: DO FALSE STATEMENTS REALLY HAVE TO BE OFFICIAL?)
(Lieutenant Colonel Colby C. Vokey, USMC)
(www.loc.gov...)

I would like to state now, for the record, that I am not currently, and have not previously been paid to spread propaganda, steer truth, or guide discussion on any social website or forum.

I am here entirely of my own free will to conduct discussions as I see fit, for entertainment, enlightenment, and increasing knowledge of the hidden truths of the world.

So, if you have the courage, then State openly that you are NOT a dis-info or propaganda Agent for pay, or under contract from the Federal Government, or ANY Government or institution, public or private for the purposes of steering discussion towards a set agenda.

This is an attempt to separate the wheat from the chaff.

So, in that idiom, here is my plan to do just that:

Step 1: State that you are not a propaganda, dis-info, or discussion steering agent under the employ of Government or Corporation in this thread.

Step 2: paste YOUR POST (Copy link location from "This Post" on your post) into your signature like so:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce8599c3e3cc.jpg[/atsimg]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm Not An Agent: www.abovetopsecret.com...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Check out MY Signature for an example, the purpose of this is to provide quick identification)

Step 3: Let the List Grow (Tell your friends, Etcetera)

Step 4: PROFIT!

Sincerely, ErtaiNaGia.
edit on 28-2-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: Added source for UCMJ

I am not under the employ of any Government affiliated organization or Government entity itself.

Neither am I a propaganda, dis-info, or discussion steering agent under the employ of Government or Corporation in this thread.

I post here on my own free will and seek the TRUTH.

For the Truth Shall Set Us All Free !!!!!

NH_EE

I approve this message...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Bit of an interesting thread.

Although the usual crowd who always seems to leave their mark and post in every thread has skipped over this one though...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Only a government agent would try to imply that anyone who says they're not an agent, could not be an agent.

You believe the US government is willing to slaughter thousands of its own citizens, but unwilling to tell a simple untruth? Silliest thing I've ever heard!

By the way, I am not an agent. Also, I am not human. I am Batman.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Only a government agent would try to imply that anyone who says they're not an agent, could not be an agent.

You believe the US government is willing to slaughter thousands of its own citizens, but unwilling to tell a simple untruth? Silliest thing I've ever heard!

No Batman, you're an arrogant armchair simpleton.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The best opportunity was this past Labor Day, that entire weekend was so dead I swear everyone must of been a Government Employee!

When that Tuesday finally got here and everyone was back at their desks it was like ATS was back to normal!

I am pretty certain that I have never been associated with tptb! No need to put a signature of that effect.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by samuisteve

Originally posted by humphreysjim

No Batman, you're an arrogant armchair simpleton.

Whatever you say, Agent. How much they paying you?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
we're all dis-info agents on ATS, trolling each others, trying to make other dis-infos agents believe we're not dis-infos agents

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This stems from the old myth if you ask a cop he's undercover he has to tell you. Gee whiz, I'm going to go get a job in the KGB, I can just troll US diplomats and ask them if they're spies and they will have to tell me...

The US Gov has already admitted to employing sock accounts on social media, there are also private contractors, like call centers. Heck, a call center in Canada was recently used for voter fraud.

No. No way some has a disinfo agenda if they explicitly state they don't. Because a job based on lying surely couldn't lie about the job itself.

Here you go.

I am a disinfo agent.

...And it's opposite day on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I am not, nor have I ever been, a paid disinfo agent working for any entity. However, I do occasionally spread disinfo just for shiggles...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Some people get so paranoid they believe anything, I agree to an extent - but wouldn't saying "i'm not this" just make people go "you're just that!"

Of course I talk of stupid people, not those of us who have the gift of rational reasoning and the ability to think critically and with precision.

I'm too scared of hell to be a false prophet. Or is it the judgement? Who knows, when it comes to earthly matters such as politics i'm quite well informed. I do my best not to lie, if I lie I do it out of ignorace, not because i'm paid to do so. I went through a hitler phase thinking about the jews, who I later realized weren't bad it was the zionist lobby that was bad. Then I was in a communist phase until I saw the zionism in it. The pharisees never left!
Everything the christians were saying was just slamming into my face.
Not everything, just certain prophetic things that interconnect it all, so that it makes sense.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join