It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Protesters Resist Police Order To Leave Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well it seems a group of 600 or so protesters have refused to leave the Capitol after a police order was given to clear them out by Sunday night (today).

Rally organizers told protesters who would be willing to be arrested as an act of civil disobedience to move to the first floor of the Capitol. Those who wanted to leave were directed to the ground floor and the State Street entrance. Those determined to stay were prepared: Many had a lawyer’s phone number written in marker on their arms in case of arrest.

About 600 stalwart protesters allowed...

Wisconsin Protesters Resist Police Orders

As of now, things are remaining calm and civilized but as the days pass I am unsure of what is to happen. I don't think these Union guys are going to back down from this any time soon as busloads of people are being sent into Madison from different areas daily.

Glad the police are being diplomatic about it all though. My outlook on Madison Police has improved considerably these past few days. I hope they don't disappoint me.

HuffPost's Amanda Terkel reports: A couple of minutes after 5:00 pm CT, protesters began chanting "Thank you cops!" -- most likely gratitude for the fact that police officers have reportedly not yet arrested anyone or made any significant moves to clear the Capitol.

www.huffingtonpost.com...-defy-order-to-leave-capitol-risk-a rrest

I should add I am not in support or in opposition to these Unions, although I do not like the idea of them as it seems a reactionary cause to help balance a flawed system. I do however fully support the right to protest non-violently and to do so LOUDLY!
edit on 27-2-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
will the wisconsin protest be the seeds of a second american civil war? because just recently a official even considered gunning down protesters in cold blood

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
will the wisconsin protest be the seeds of a second american civil war? because just recently a official even considered gunning down protesters in cold blood

No. It is but a seed amongst many in the beginning of multiple different forms of revolutions to come. Do you live in America? Just asking...that manner of speech is not uncommon to hear.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Yes I do In Los Angeles to be exact

On topic well I can imagine more Wisconsins all across the US. However It won't be long before another official really did kill protesters by the use of live ammunition
edit on 28-2-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

They don't want to do that, not right now, not in America. Maybe in Egypt or Libya, but can you imagine the amount of bloodshed our country would engage in if that happened? I just don't see that happening, not with nearly 100 million gun owners in America. Every politician would have an abundance of cross hairs on their backs.They are not ready for that, not yet at least.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Monday - 2/28.

On the news broadcast I was listening to on the way in to work this morning said there were only 15 people left in the capitol building and once a person left, they weren't being allowed back in.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It seems you are right.

Confusion persists at the Capitol, where officials are still refusing to open the doors and allow protesters inside the building. As of 2:45 p.m., the Capitol remained on lockdown, with only employees, officers and members of the media allowed inside. They are joined by the dozens of protesters who spent the night inside the rotunda, despite efforts to push them out the door.

host.madison.com...

I think this is where things could potentially get ugly, let's wait and see how protesters react in the following days.

new topics

top topics

join