It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red orb in Becket Ma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
These orbs are quite common in my neck of the woods, Massachusetts. Yet I never see them in the sky like people have described in this thread. They are always a few feet above the ground to 30 feet above the ground.

I replied to a thread called "spook lights" in September if anyone is interested in a better description.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've had quite a few run-ins with these things, they are real. Massachusetts history is jam-packed with incidents of orbs-will o' wisps-spook lights or whatever you want to call them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Its moving kida fast to be a Chinese lantern , but that's what im suspecting. Was it moving in the direction of the wind ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It would have to be a lantern the size of an average hot air ballon, though I really didnt have something to accurately judge its distance from me. Its hard to see in the video but it looked pretty big. I was looking at the weather history that night on Wunderground.com , I love that site anyway my land looks east (awsome sunrises)the object was traveling from north to south, Chester hills weather site at 1400 feet reported wind direction from the south/ south east that night with negligible wind speed recorded .My land is 1800 ft but again I dont know the objects altitude. So I would say it was going opposite wind direction and at a pretty good clip.

Bill

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

Very cool) Defiantly something unusual then.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have also seen a red orb, two years ago on Easter Sunday. It was a neon red orb and moved like it was intelligently controlled. It knew we saw it and it came right over to us. While it was hovering in front of us it was right over the creek behind our house and the ducks were down there were going crazy. This was 8 at night and we never hear the ducks that late. I was able to get a picture of it but it didn't turn out well. This thing came within 50 yards of my daughter and I. When I took a picture of it the flash went off and this orb disappeared into thin air right before our eyes.
It was an amazing event that has helped to seal the deal with me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oooo! (Raises hand.) I've seen one of these things, too. This happened back in 1999. I immediately went home and Googled "red orbs" and NOTHING came up. These days you get a billion "hits" (okay, slight exaggeration) when you search under "red orbs". I have no idea if that's because Google has a better index these days, or what. Anyway, here's what happened to us...

We were driving in Morgan Hill, California, on a surface street that parallels highway 101. It was about 5:30 p.m. We were carpooling home from work. I was in the passenger seat and hubby was driving. As I was looking ahead, I remember seeing a red light up ahead and thinking, "Hey, when did they put a cell phone tower over there?" (People seem to think this a lot since I've seen several "red orb" stories on Mufon since then.) As we approached the "cell phone tower" I noticed there was nothing beneath it. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I freaked out and screamed, "Stop the car!" My husband, poor guy, thought we were about to hit something. He slammed on the brakes. I pointed out the front windshield and said, "What is that?" he had NO idea what I was talking about. I had to lean forward at this point. When he realized I was pointing upward, he had to roll down his window and look out. We both realized the thing (I call them probes) wasn't moving. It was just hovering there. It was about the size of a beach ball and it was glowing a red color--just like bar room sign. Very weird color. So we sat there for about twenty seconds scratching our head and trying to understand what we were seeing. One of us, I don't remember who, realized it was actually off to our left and hovering over a side street and that we could get right beneath it if we made a left-hand turn and doubled back a bit, so we did. Okay, so this is the crazy part. Morgan Hill isn't as populated as the rest of the bay area, so the houses are kind of far apart. This thing was hovering over some guy out in his driveway rebuilding an engine. I ask you--if you were interested in an alien species, wouldn't you try to figure out how engines worked? So hubby and I get out of his truck and we're staring up at this thing that's clearly watching this guy work on an engine (the guy was oblivious, by the way) when all of a sudden the probe must have realized it was being watched by us 'cause it started slowly moving off. Hubby and I watched it drift away for a second when one of us yells, "Chase it!" So we got in his truck and lit out after it. Well, it didn't want to be caught so it shot off. I swear, Speilberg must have seen one of these things before because that scene in Close Encounters where the alien craft shoots off the side of a cliff (and the cop cars crash), that's what our thing did. All of a sudden it shot off to the right at warp speed. We slammed on the brakes and scanned the sky--to no avail.

Pam

edit on 28-2-2011 by PamelaBritton2U because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
another unidentified flying object spotted...

i don't mean to be rude, but i just need like 4 more posts so i can make a really awesome thread about 2012

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I also seen a red/orange/amber fireball type ufo. The light on this thing was nothing like anything Ive ever seen. it was like pure energy like the sun... check it out!?

Here you go, Ive got pix on there n you can see the glow this thing had... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This exact thing has been popping up in many different places lately

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's awesome, A suggestion.
You should take some fire crackers or stuff, the one where you place the rocket-type firecracker in an empty bottle. (sorry I don't know the name of it exactly).
Then lit the thread tied to it, on fire. It goes in sky and booms.
I always wonder, what type of reaction will the ufo/red orb have then? Because if it's a lantern it shouldn't give any reaction or something, if it isn't.
Then at least we can move on to thinking something is up there in form of red orbs.
*Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.*

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Does not keep its relation with reference objects (moon at first, then a near star toward the end). Notice how its distance from these references is directly proportional too his zoom. I.e. at first, the object looks to be moving in a constant speed and direction. Then from 0:21 to 0:25, he zooms in, then back out. Watch the objects relation to the moon as he zooms. I'm not convinced.

However, i saw something interesting the same night. I was in trouble with my counterpart, so i escaped to my front porch about 9pm, and sat there about 20min. I noticed a VERY bright stationary object about 10 deg above the western horizon, in the direction of a military base (had a similar encounter in the same area, looking in the same direction about 10 years ago). The light seemed to be cycling colors, red, blue,white and was brilliant, much brighter than Venus. So i checked my Planets app on my phone to see what it might be. Sure enough, there seemed to be a bright star in that general location at the time. So i passed it off, and went inside (keep in mind, i watched it hover motionless for about 20min). However, i returned to the porch about an hour later to have a smoke, and it was GONE. Logically, i consulted my trusty planets app to see if the star i initially associated it with should still be visible. Needless to say, I should have still been able to see the star.

The incident 10 years ago, the object looked and behaved similarly. The only difference was that i watched it the whole time. I watched this object to the west over the military base as i lay in bed, looking out the window for about 10min. Then, it immediately accelerated. Of course, being confused by what just happened, i jumped from my bed and stuck my head out the window for a better look. I watched it pass directly over my house at about 5000ft at most, no less than 2000ft. It was completely silent. No explanation!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You have a right to be skeptical, I by no means doctored the video.If I can download the original here you guys can do any analysis .It was traveling at steady speed.I should have not zoomed in because of my lamo optics but it was spur of the moment and I was pretty jacked.

Bill

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I actually really enjoyed your reaction. So many people think you have to act a certain way in order for it to have been real. I don't get it. I didn't freak out when I saw a UFO...well at least outwardly lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks,lol. It takes alot to get me really cranked up. I thank the military experience for that. It was far enough away that I didnt feel my son or I were in danger. It seems this is a pretty common thing to see now. For those of you who have witnessed one, thanks for sharing your experiences with me.

Bill

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thank you, too!!
Also has this changed any perspective for you and/or anything else for you?
Not sure if you read my thread, when we saw this thing change its shape n then come falling twards us... thats freaky n we tripped for a minute. kinda warps everything, your reality. You know?

Yeah, n now my wife has became a ufo buff now. reading and watching anything to do with ufo's. wich before she was never interested. She's caught the fever!!!

edit on 28-2-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy

Originally posted by Chipkin9
Thx for the video, I like the authenticity of it, father and son out camping...the dialogue doesn't seem staged, which doesn't suggest any video editing program was used, and you both seem like genuine down to earth honest peeps. S+F

Thanks. I have the original on my computer its a pretty big file, it was taken with a Canon Powershot A590 camera. I will gladly share it with anyone who wants to investigate it farther. MPEG quality is kind of low but I was happy to have the camara handy.It was definatly one of those father son moments

Bill

I hope that's not an invitation for me to inspect lol. When it comes to video and photography, it's not something I have ventured into yet. So it's not my field. Glad you had it handy too

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I always have felt that the damn universe is way to big for us to be alone. If we can send satalites to planets and observe them, orbit them and hell drive on them then whats to say a race that has a little more technology and understanding wont do the same to us. If we found a planet that we could reach, that had life, we would be there, observing, studying and unfortunatly taking samples.

Bill

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hi Bill,
I would love the chance to download your video for an analysis. I am also from Massachusetts, and my initial impression is Chinese lantern. Thanks.
edit on 3-3-2011 by JKF1897 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join