It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.0-magnitude quake strikes Chile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

A magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck Chile on Sunday evening, the U.S. Geological Survey said. It was centered 23 miles south of Concepcion in southern Chile.

There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The quake, which struck at a depth of 10 miles (16 kilometers), occurred on the one-year anniversary of an 8.8-magnitude temblor that killed 521 people and left thousands homeless in the South American nation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Mods, PLEASE delete this if it has already been posted.

Not too much to report yet on this.
As far as my commentary?

This is yet another reminder that mother Earth is waking from her slumber and getting ready to do some Spring cleaning.
I find it very odd that it comes on the one year anniversary of the 8.8 last year.

As always, there will be those who will say that this is perfectly normal which I have never argued with.
What is not normal is EVERYTHING happening together lately.
All of the Earth Quakes, Mass animal dieoffs,Tsunamis,Thunder Snow, Massive snow storms, Blizzards,
Hurricanes, Volcanic Eruptions,Sink Holes, Giant Cracks opening up in the ground,Entire lakes disappearing overnight, Lights in the sky, Massive Solar Flares, Weakening Magnetic Field, Melting Ice Caps, Comets, Brown Dwarf Stars being discovered, etc etc etc!!!!!!

None are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.
Can you see?
Everyday there is something BIG to wake up to in the morning.
Things are changing fast my friends.

Feel free to flame away.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
happened on the one year anniversary of the 8.8 mag earthquake, how bizarre is that or what are the chances....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I've been watching this. It seems to fluctuate between Chile and Nicaragua and such. But I believe the pressure will move up to California before long, and we will see a massive earthquake there soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Isnt that unfortunate timing?
There also seems to be much more natural disasters happening lately.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Last time in Chile

And in China:

It will be interesting to find out if they used HAARP this time like the did in those two.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

The quake, which struck at a depth of 10 miles (16 kilometers), occurred on the one-year anniversary of an 8.8-magnitude temblor that killed 521 people and left thousands homeless in the South American nation.

Wow that is creepy

Hope everyone there is okay.

-Jesus is Lord ~

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
happened on the one year anniversary of the 8.8 mag earthquake, how bizarre is that or what are the chances....

About 1 in 365, I'd say...

Was looking at the HAARP induction magnetometer and noticed some big spikes. Someone in some thread, can't remember which now sorry, mentioned this so I've been looking at it lately and have noticed that when the spikes are present, there seems to be a larger number of

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

neic.usgs.gov...

Take a look here and you tell me if you think the location is out of the norm.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Another.earthquake.

This is slowly becoming "normal". This is really concerning, and I really feel USA will suffer a great, GREAT natural disaster. I'm no fear-mongerer, just being realistic and rational...

Thanks for posting this. S&F

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

yes there is ive been watching them all on this interesting site

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Come on now... Those lights seen in video 1 (Chile) were transformers overloading--you can see the street lights flickering when the lights in the sky are seen.

As for Harrp... come on friend... really?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
It will be interesting to find out if they used HAARP this time like the did in those two.

You will never be privy to that information. Post all the youtube videos you want.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
everything is OK here, guys. since the 8.8 we managed to keep calm and everything that was going to fall fell last year. we are a seismic country so we're used to things like this (Lord, i was brushing my teeth for the 8.8 and if it wasn't for my aunt, i would stayed at the bathroom! I lived in a 22th floor for 4 years and even a 4.0 was like a 7.0 up there!)
remember that we had a 9.0 once, in the '60s.... we're calm and all this aftershocks are nothing but like being in a swing here.
Thanks for caring anyway

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
everything is OK here, guys. since the 8.8 we managed to keep calm and everything that was going to fall fell last year. we are a seismic country so we're used to things like this (Lord, i was brushing my teeth for the 8.8 and if it wasn't for my aunt, i would stayed at the bathroom! I lived in a 22th floor for 4 years and even a 4.0 was like a 7.0 up there!)
remember that we had a 9.0 once, in the '60s.... we're calm and all this aftershocks are nothing but like being in a swing here.
Thanks for caring anyway

you ROCK!!

glad you're ok thanks for the update!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dare I say it, should I say it? Oh, what the hell, why not...HAARP!!!!!

edit on 28-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Screwed

Dare I say it, should I say it? Oh, what the hell, why not...HAARP!!!!!

Naaa... that's all the methane from all the people eating at In-N-Out burger!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

hahaha...well, you never know what chemicals are in burgers these days, and what the byproduct resulting from their consumption can become in the atmosphere

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are the earthquakes getting more frequent all over the world? Is the frequency increasing or are the earthquakes being reported more often and in a sensational manner?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Was looking at the HAARP induction magnetometer and noticed some big spikes. Someone in some thread, can't remember which now sorry, mentioned this so I've been looking at it lately and have noticed that when the spikes are present, there seems to be a larger number of

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join