It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter I had with something.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OP my apologies to you for ruining your great story with this scientific nonsense flame which is really last thing belonging to this thread..

reply to post by muzzleflash

Originally posted by muzzleflash
After analysis of the assumed categories of such entities, we are left with two main solutions (however there are potentially 100 solutions). I picked these two particular solutions because they are Easy to Explain and grounded in physical reality type conceptualizations.

#1 Terrestrial Biological Entity
#2 Extra-Terrestrial Biological Entity

The other theories, such as mentioned prior, like "Extra-Dimensional" are lacking in evidence so it has a lower chance of being the truth. It could be the real solution, but the odds are much lower that such a complex solution would be fruitful.

If Extra-Terrestrials travelling thru universe are easy to explain and grounded in physical reality type conceptualizations then it could be also easy to explain Extra-Terrestrials travelling thru parallel universes which can be described in simple words as "beings magically travelling thru dimensional portals".

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Other planets have been proven to exist.

Magical "realms" outside of our visible universe have not been proven to exist.

It is clear which is more likely of a possibility than the other. Although both are possible of course.

Please explain why you think the unproven is more likely than the proven. Thank you.

And trying to get to the bottom of the scientific reality is not off topic or derailing the thread.

I am sure the OP and dozens of other people actually want to understand what the hell is going on here (myself included) but we need to be reasonable about our theorems as well.

Things we have proof of (this world and other worlds in outer space), are far easier solutions to work with than things that have not been proven (alternate realities outside of our visible universe). Especially considering the fact the reported incidents all occurred within our visible universe.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
OP my apologies to you for ruining your great story with this scientific nonsense flame which is really last thing belonging to this thread..

That's what I want to eliminate if possible.

"Scientific nonsense". You got to be kidding me.

If the OP's story is real, than we need science to explain it.

I cannot imagine how you would believe in such things yet refuse to accept scientific explanations or even attempts at finding scientific explanations.

What the hell seriously? Science is the most important thing we NEED in this topic!!!

It's a travesty that science ignores subjects like this!!! We need it more than anything else so that we can prove these things exist and formulate reasonable explanations of "what they are" and "what the hell they are doing here".
edit on 1-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If the OP's story is real, than we need science to explain it.
What the hell seriously? Science is the most important thing we NEED in this topic!!!

Not in my opinion. I feel like this constant and fruitless effort to explain the supernatural with science is illogical in and of itself.

Science is the study of our natural world, yes?
Supernatural phenomenon is very simply beyond the scope of science, beyond our natural world.

The assumption that our janky methods of estimation and measuring and observation should be the whole scale test of existence for something outside of our dimensions and realities is bogus! Nonsense!

Muzzleflash, I don't intend to offend you, I agree that a scientific explanation would certainly be helpful, but being the most important thing we need? I think not.

I would much rather have 2 eyewitness accounts rather than 1 account and 1 photography.

What I call Honest Science is very good. What I call hardcore science is awesome at destroying great discoveries and ideas because they aren't in line with the status quo of the academic community at the time.

Science is a wonderful thing, and I think one day our perspective as people will see that there is no line between science and spirit, they coexist, they're two sides of the same coin.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Other planets have been proven to exist.

Magical "realms" outside of our visible universe have not been proven to exist.

It is clear which is more likely of a possibility than the other. Although both are possible of course.

Please explain why you think the unproven is more likely than the proven. Thank you.

Extra-Terrestrials also have not been proven to exist and you are using them as possibility. Why you can use illusional beings from other planets and we cant use illusional beings from illusional dimensions.

I cannot imagine how you would believe in such things yet refuse to accept scientific explanations or even attempts at finding scientific explanations.

If I have to use scientific explanation I have to say it was probably dog escaped from circus in black robe. But why should I do this?
I´m enjoying really great mysterious, chilling stories as I enjoy books or movies and that´s why I think that last thing this thread needs is some guy telling us it was just circus dog...or.. maybe extra-terrestrial circus dog... but no way a dimensional circus dog because other dimensions are not scientificaly proven.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well said, and well written; I like how you clearly write your sentences in a format that is easier for the eyes, I do that too.

Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OMEGAFINN

I'm from central Kentucky and have never heard of that...but now I want to investigate!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
@ Muzzleflash:

If you haven't already, you really should check out the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker". It would be right up your alley (and actually it's not about skinwalkers at all).

It's about "skinwalker ranch" in utah, where very strange stuff was reported for years and a family was terrorized. It couldn't be neatly categorized as ufo phenomena or poltergeist phenomena. It was all of that and none of that. After the family moved in the late 90s, a Vegas billionare hired several scientists (many former nasa) to move there and try to run experiments to catalog the weird stuff. The book is written by one of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

Man I hadnt thought about the Sherman Ranch in ages!
But with all the "high weirdness" that goes on out there, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if something similar to this hasn't occurred there.
Back to the topic though, I'd love to ask Don Coscarelli were he got the idea for the zombie dwarfs in Phantasm from.
If he said folk legend...LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Just picked up your story. I hope you and your pup are doing OK. This story caught my attention because of story or legend I heard about once. Around the Junction City (Boyle County) area of Kentucky there were tales of an animal or creature called a "gravedigger". The creature was described as small, brown and fast, often seen in the vicinity of graveyards. May or may not be helpful but I have heard several stories about strange creatures around rural cemeteries. Any posters from around central Ky? Anybody ever hear of this legend? Again hope you and your pooch are doing ok. Take care!!
reply to post by OMEGAFINN

Central Kentucky here!!!

I've never heard of this legend, but I'll definitely be looking into it!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For my central KY neighbors checkout kybigfoot.com. This website has some info on the "Gravedigger" legend. Whereabouts in KY are you from? Any more news on the creature that went into the graveyard? Once again hope you and the pup are doing fine. The shaky feelngs will pass and life will become normal again. Best Wishes, OmegaFinn.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Matteus

This story reminds me of when my grandmother used to tell me stories about "little people" that lived near Keystone Lake in Oklahoma. Her house was a couple hundred yards from it and there were a lot of little private coves, some parts were pretty eerie. From stories I've read and heard, they were either native to the area or followed the Cherokees here on the trail of tears. I also had a friend who swore there were little people that lived in the woods down by the Arkansas river which went into Keystone. Fairies, gnomes, leprechauns, natural or paranormal, who knows?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Science, although the answer to MANY questions, is not the answer to EVERY question. We can still maintain our faith in the scientific method but at the same time we must also know, in the depth of our minds and hearts, that not everything is explainable. There will be some things that science will not be able to explain, no matter what methods we use. Although there will be some that disagree with this assertion, i will stand by it. I merely have to look to the night sky, or stare into a steadily flickering fire to know the truth of this.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Muzzleflash is spot on.
I am a physicist and there is absolutely no evidence that there are more then 4 dimensions.
String theory, M theory is a load of rubbish - elegant mathematics without a shred of proof.

Ghosts and demons don't exist.
All these encounters are alien. They have technology that allows them to move quickly and appear invisible.
Magic is just a word that means "I don't understand what I'm seeing"

Nice to hear some sense on this forum.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok, so I am not sure if this was just my head messing with me last night because I read this thread...but anyway. Last night, I wake up in the middle of the night and look at my wall to see a shadow hovering there. I did not move, just opened my eyes a little...and the thing went back up on the wall and into another shadow.

Part of me thinks it was just my over active imagination due to my interest in this thread...but this is not the first time I have seen something like this, so part of me thinks it was real.

Anyway, thanks for making me see things

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Have read every post on here - its all very interesting.
I suppose all we can do is wait for the OP to come back with the outcome of the meeting with the person who lives near the graveyard, and perhaps the couple who also saw it to reply to an email.

Muzzleflash appears to make the most "logical" statement on here so far - the thought process that obviously science advances every day, and what may have appeared "magical" to someone in 1820 (such as talking to other people using bluetooth headsets and possibly other better examples) are obviously common place nowadays.

Needless to say what appears beyond our current understanding may well become entirely explainable in 30 years time after further advances in science. Everything exists in one way or another, and we as yet have just not found the answers.

Whatever the reasoning or theory behind it - this is a very interesting topic and I wish the OP all the luck in piecing it all together. I do think perhaps a return to the site with camera to film it and then see what if anything comes back - take the dog and a few friends/relatives with you and film from the car to "escape" if at any point you feel in danger or threatened?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
First off, great story. Your story is oddly similar to a story i saw on the "green planet" channel a couple days ago. The story was about a man who was at his home in the middle of the woods and heard his normally calm dogs barking hysterically while staring off into the darkness of the woods. The man walks over to investigate and standing ther 8-10 away from him is a little being only about 3 feet tall with glowing red eyes (almost goggle looking) that never blinked. Also this being looked as if it has been dipped in glass giving it and extremely odd glow to it. Could this be the same being you saw?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I had a close encounter with what you are talking about, just a few months ago.

I and my other half have lived at our current residence for going on twenty years,
and nothing like this has ever occured before.

A few months prior to the event, I had a dream in which a smallish girl with light
blue skin, a pointy head and faint whispy blonde hair, related a story to me of
how she and some others had crashed in the desert here on Earth.
She had died in that crash and was now a ghost trapped here.

It was a very vivid dream, and I remembered it well, (which is not usual), and
so related it to my other half and friends...sometimes in public places.

The reason I'm adding this little segment, (about the dream), to my description is
that in the months since, I can't think of any other thing in our lives that may
have triggered the appearence of this thing.

Our house isn't too old...about 60 years I'd say.
Never had anything like this or heard of anything like this from the neighbors
in all our years here...till now that is.

Iv'e seen a ghost, but not at our place. This thing doesn't seem like a ghost...
I think muzzleflash is right; It seems like there is some kind of tech involved.

So...it was about a month or so after the dream...

It was early evening...around seven or so...just after dark.
We were in my bedroom, which is sort of small.
The corner of the foot of my bed is about five feet from the door, which is
usually always open. ( she and I live alone. )

We were on the bed, I was laying on my back, with my head close to the door,
but not facing it.
Candles and soft jazz were going, for an intimate setting...
My other half was sitting next to me at waist level, looking the opposite
direction from the door as well.
At one point the other half commented that she felt like an alien had entered
her body to feel what it was like...
A few moments later, (as I was having a moment of bliss), I tilted my head back,
and as my bliss abated, opened my eyes to see something in the doorway.

At first I thought it was something hanging on the door itself, but as my eyes
focused, I saw clearly a figure in the doorway.

It was solid black, about 4 feet tall, and shaped like a smallish human, wearing
a robe with a cowel covering the head. Totally silent...

In the first seconds it appeared like there were waves, (directed toward my
other half), comming off of the head, disturbing the otherwise well defined
black shape, and a scintilating, thin white reflection of sorts,(like off
of an oil slick), played around the edges of the otherwise solid black body.
But only for a second...
As my mind began to register what this thing was, the wave patterns, and light
flickering at the edges stopped.
It seemed to sense that I was looking at it, and immediatly unhooked and sank
into the floor.
When I say "unhooked" I mean it litterally took a miniscule movement upward
before it sank into the floor... I suppose it could have been a small "hop", idunno...

I saw no eyes or anything else inside the solid black...and I mean sold,
occluding the light from the hallway, right behind it.

I jumped up to look, but it was gone.

Looking back into the room, I could swear I saw a little man in a skin tight
leotard like thing, in the opposite corner of the room, merged half in the wall,
with only his face showing out of the leotard; and, with some kind of camera
attached to the side of his head.
But, he was see through, and faded almost immediately, so..I'm not sure of
that one, maybe imagination...but the shadow thing was solid.

Didnt sense any evil....I'm not really sure what evil is...
One mans evil is another mans justice...

I personally think its advanced tech...

I have a theory (speculation I suppose) that it involves different wavelengths
of some kind of electromagnetics which our general public is not familiar with.
I suspect it may even tie into the magnetics of the Earth and/or Sun.
Maybe Solar Aether (or whatever it is) sheds light, (flying saucers seem to have
the corner on that market), while planetary Aether or 'electromagnetics' renders
dark effects, since the Earth sheds no photons?
I know....speculative...just taking an intuitive "stab in the dark" so to speak.
(pun intended) =]

Bottom line is these things are real...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon
I had a close encounter with what you are talking about, just a few months ago.

I and my other half have lived at our current residence for going on twenty years,
and nothing like this has ever occured before.

A few months prior to the event, I had a dream in which a smallish girl with light
blue skin, a pointy head and faint whispy blonde hair, related a story to me of
how she and some others had crashed in the desert here on Earth.
She had died in that crash and was now a ghost trapped here.

It was a very vivid dream, and I remembered it well, (which is not usual), and
so related it to my other half and friends...sometimes in public places.

The reason I'm adding this little segment, (about the dream), to my description is
that in the months since, I can't think of any other thing in our lives that may
have triggered the appearence of this thing.

Our house isn't too old...about 60 years I'd say.
Never had anything like this or heard of anything like this from the neighbors
in all our years here...till now that is.

Iv'e seen a ghost, but not at our place. This thing doesn't seem like a ghost...
I think muzzleflash is right; It seems like there is some kind of tech involved.

So...it was about a month or so after the dream...

It was early evening...around seven or so...just after dark.
We were in my bedroom, which is sort of small.
The corner of the foot of my bed is about five feet from the door, which is
usually always open. ( she and I live alone. )

We were on the bed, I was laying on my back, with my head close to the door,
but not facing it.
Candles and soft jazz were going, for an intimate setting...
My other half was sitting next to me at waist level, looking the opposite
direction from the door as well.
At one point the other half commented that she felt like an alien had entered
her body to feel what it was like...
A few moments later, (as I was having a moment of bliss), I tilted my head back,
and as my bliss abated, opened my eyes to see something in the doorway.

At first I thought it was something hanging on the door itself, but as my eyes
focused, I saw clearly a figure in the doorway.

It was solid black, about 4 feet tall, and shaped like a smallish human, wearing
a robe with a cowel covering the head. Totally silent...

In the first seconds it appeared like there were waves, (directed toward my
other half), comming off of the head, disturbing the otherwise well defined
black shape, and a scintilating, thin white reflection of sorts,(like off
of an oil slick), played around the edges of the otherwise solid black body.
But only for a second...
As my mind began to register what this thing was, the wave patterns, and light
flickering at the edges stopped.
It seemed to sense that I was looking at it, and immediatly unhooked and sank
into the floor.
When I say "unhooked" I mean it litterally took a miniscule movement upward
before it sank into the floor... I suppose it could have been a small "hop", idunno...

I saw no eyes or anything else inside the solid black...and I mean sold,
occluding the light from the hallway, right behind it.

I jumped up to look, but it was gone.

Looking back into the room, I could swear I saw a little man in a skin tight
leotard like thing, in the opposite corner of the room, merged half in the wall,
with only his face showing out of the leotard; and, with some kind of camera
attached to the side of his head.
But, he was see through, and faded almost immediately, so..I'm not sure of
that one, maybe imagination...but the shadow thing was solid.

Didnt sense any evil....I'm not really sure what evil is...
One mans evil is another mans justice...

I personally think its advanced tech...

I have a theory (speculation I suppose) that it involves different wavelengths
of some kind of electromagnetics which our general public is not familiar with.
I suspect it may even tie into the magnetics of the Earth and/or Sun.
Maybe Solar Aether (or whatever it is) sheds light, (flying saucers seem to have
the corner on that market), while planetary Aether or 'electromagnetics' renders
dark effects, since the Earth sheds no photons?
I know....speculative...just taking an intuitive "stab in the dark" so to speak.
(pun intended) =]

Bottom line is these things are real...

I just wanted to say that was a brilliant post with great descriptive detail ... made it very easy to visualize what you saw.

Woody

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, y'all.

Spent the night in the ER. Had a pretty severe car accident. My best friend was driving and lost control. I now have a broken collarbone, 32 stitches, and my face is mangled because the airbag opened up.

I'm on pretty heavy narcotic medications so I'm not going to be able to update right away. I did get the chance to speak with my husband's coworker and will write that up as soon as I'm out of this sling. (Or I can make my husband type it all up while I dictate as I'm doing now. He's the typist. If there are typos it's all on him.)

I'm really sorry.

Please be patient with me.

Thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join