It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter I had with something.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mari4199

I was thinking of this vid as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The first images that came to mind were these...

Seriously....what is that on the far right!!!

edit on 28-2-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I believe what you saw may have been what someone else suggested, a adolescent Bigfoot.

In Australia we also have many of them in certain areas but we call them Yowies here.

The aboriginal people have been warning white people here since they first arrived here a couple hundred years ago about not going into certain parts of the bush because the hairy people live there.

Many people have claimed to see young ones and even families walking through the bush and forests, such as mother, father and one or two adolescents about 3 foot high.

And EVERYBODY who has claimed to see one running has said it ran off with great unnatural speed.

Also, everybody who has ever seen one and has a dog with them has said their dog just went simply ballistic unlike anything they have ever seen and either ran off in the other direction or ran after the creature they have just seen, only to come back with its tail between its legs as scared as any dog can get and running away.

I am part of a team that searches for these creatures here and everything you have described sounds like what we call the yowie and you call bigfoot.

My question to you is, how much forest or bushland is near the cemetery?

If you know or could have a look in a map for me, I'm convinced already that you will tell me a LOT.

Also, if you want me to provide you with other peoples testimonies about how their dogs reacted once they saw these creatures etc, let me know, there are many going back hundreds of years.

Edit: Also the sense of this foreboding terror you described has been felt by many people seeing these creatures. This sensation seems unnatural and out of character. Experts in the field of this creatures research theorize the creature itself is somehow able to amplify terror onto something it perseveres as a threat to give it a chance to escape. Almost like a hypnotic trance that is of the gloom and doom feeling and very overpowering.

Another thing also is I've never heard of one wearing a robe before, but a witness who was in the special forces on a mission said he and another man with him saw one running through the woodlands with a pelt on.
edit on 28-2-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Add

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow, well this is really great for you to have shared, I'm really glad you did.
I'd like to touch on the Dero's again, as a previous poster has. In many myths and lore of subterranean cultures the Dero is supposedly a sub-human creature who, at one time or another, took to the caverns of the earth, to hide from something. At that time they are rumored to have had good technology (ancient civilization tech?) but after years and years of darkness and cave life, they began to adapt and actually digress.
Eventually they seem to have gotten to the point where they are nasty little creatures who are ignorant and definitely operate on a negative wavelength. There are people who report Dero encounters, and it seems to be world wide.

There's something I've read about which is referred to as the Shaver mystery. Shaver is the guy, and the mystery is his reports and thoughts on the underground 'deros'.

Though generally confined to their caves, Shaver claimed that the Deros sometimes traveled by spaceships or rockets, and had dealings with equally evil extraterrestrial beings. Shaver claimed first-hand knowledge of the Deros and their caves, insisting he had been their prisoner for several years.

Richard Shaver Wiki

I've also read a book recently called Among the Gnomes; An occult tale of adventure.
Some of your description reminds me of some descriptions in this book which is fiction, but has a strong feeling (for me) of underlying truth. The robe, the short and squat stature. The ability to disappear, etc..

I would say that if the vibe was freaky, it's probably best not to try and find out whatever it was. Sounds like negative energy (black cloak? no thanks!)

I hope you feel better also and the memory of the sight will not continue to be unnerving or haunting continuously. If it is indeed a negative entity, then be sure to secure a positive and strong feeling of defense for yourself, a positive light shield I would call it. You could certainly dispel any negative influence a subhuman dero creature would have if you keep positive and strong when thinking about the subject.

Thank you very much for sharing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

S & F. Experiences like those can be real unnerving. I saw something dark coming down my hallway late one night and the cat went bonkers, full battle mode. I didn't slow down get a decent look though; I was heading for the closest firearm. Then the cat calmed down and I went back to the hallway with my pistol. Nothing there.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The Tonberry strikes again!

No but in all seriousness, I don't doubt what you saw at all. You should look into Jinn, or any other sort of apparitions. Apparently the Jinn live in a world parallel to ours, however we cannot always see them. They can take any forms they want, and move very quickly.

I say Jinn because I've learned that the world has so many different names for these apparitions. Every religion or culture has a name for this "other side", but I think its all the same.

Anyhow, dont be frightened. You're looking at this experience in such a negative way. I know its more easier said than done, but, you need to realise you saw something spectacular. You should embrace it, try and see it again, and do some investigating.

Its scarey now, I know, but, what will be will be. You should do your best to try and encounter it again, if you can, because our only research into this other world comes from each one of us. We cant expect the answers to just fall into our lap.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That sighting gave me goosebumps.
I have an aunt who woke up to something just like what you described standing at the foot of her and my uncle's bed. She yelled "go away you're not wanted here!", and it took off. She described it as hooded, maybe a little taller, and darker than the night. She is very religious and uses prayers to ward things like this away. They have had other "haunting" type incidents as well. Another elderly friend of the family (or distant aunt, whatever) caused a ruckus when she shot at something like that with her late husband's .45.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

this is a bit ummm "out there" but it sounds a lot like native american...folk lore to me...heres a linky.

www.firstpeople.us...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What you saw was a shadow person. Google it.

Here is a link to the wikipedia page about shadow people: en.wikipedia.org...

I have seen them almost every night when I was young, they would come and stand by my bed and basicly... terrorize me you could say. Sometimes a shadow person would stand on the side of my bed just staring at me, other times it would grab me and shake me.

These things are very real. Search up on it if you are interested in finding out what it was that you saw because you are not the only one that has seen it! They are an occuring phenomenon all over the world... I could give a longer post, but as I have little time right now, I'm just giving you this short, significant reply. And I bet that if you put a camera at the same place where you saw the shadow figure, and let it record one night, i can guarantee that you will get "it" on tape, and I actually suggest you do it if you can, you will not regret it. Because they appear on 1 place everytime. They have their own thing going...

edit on 28-2-2011 by expedionphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think I might trust my dogs instincts and just let this alone. The chances of you ever finding a satisfactory answer to your curiosity are slim to none. What ever it was did flee I suggest letting it go and just marveling in the wonder of the mysterious.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This sounds like a similar thing I and a friend seen one new years morning when walking at Avebury stone circle in Wiltshire that looked like the first hooded image you posted, dark robe, no visible face, but it was taller, if anything taller than average human height, and it walked towards us from about 300 yards away to 100 yards then it literally vanished into a one of the stone circles. After doing some research it appears this is a known 'apparition' or hooded monk type figure that has appeared often there, there are even ornament replicas sold in the shop there and, an often seen in the Manor and grounds, spirit lady that wears a large hood.

There are apparently faces in every stone circle at Avebury and I have taken pictures of some where faces are visible. It's an ancient site and has connotations to burial areas and ancient religious practices.

Graveyards are places of sightings of all sorts. After doing Ouija when about 15, naughty I know, but it always works, though I don't do it now, the spirit told us to go to the graveyard, there were at least 4 of us that had done Ouija, and we all went to this graveyard early in the morning to the place where the spirit said. As we stood there, a black cat jumped up from behind a tall wall where we were stood, about 50 yards from, and looked at us for a while then walked along the wall to a large marble tomb with a lifesize angel, the cat disappeared behind the marble tomb. We all felt like after that, we had seen the thing the spirit wanted to show us and felt more, peaceful.

Sounds like you may have seen some sort of spirit entity tied to a grave or to the area.

edit on 28-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Yes, trusting the animal's instincts is an excellent idea. My dog has been able to perceive some strange things in our house and I certainly keep the dog's behavior as handy information. It's hard to say if this was an apparition type deal, or a physical being.

I think probably both.

A manifestation, something magical, possibly dark but not necessarily. I feel if anything was to be gained from an encounter you would get the sense and vibe of that. If there was teaching and learning to be had, an invitation would be given to you in some manner, telepathic most likely. You might feel drawn to it, but just follow your intuition.

I think it's important for people to follow their intuition, most especially when dealing with the supernatural (or potential supernatural)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
get a labrador, a doberman, a german sheperd or a pitbull so that next time you see it you just let it loose...if the dog comes back to you then that means he's got it..

...if not run for your life!

seriously, important thing here is your safety...you take care

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Prokopio

the dogs reaction has me curious could this thing have been producing noise that was beyond the human ability to hear but within the dogs capabilty, like a dog whistle. dang it now I want to know but seriously remember that curious cat...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by expedionphi

When I was a boy, 1st grade, I woke up in the middle of the night...I looked out my door, and I saw a robed "creature" humanoid like thing slowly creep into my brother's room. I thought that my mind was playing tricks on me...now I wonder if this is what I saw. It was not tall, and it was not fast. It was hunched over and had its arms up in the air like it was trying to scare someone.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I trust a dog's instincts, even cats have an ability to sense things we cannot.

I lived in a house that apparently was occupied by the former owner's ghost. We could hear her walking over the linoleum floors mostly at night, but during the day at times. The cats I had at the time seemed nonplussed by it and would watch through the doors at other rooms intently, their heads swiveling to following unseen things high and low. I finally prayed over the house and asked her to leave...which she did.

But, back to your dog's reaction...I say that your canine friend was doing you a service that day, warning you of potential danger. Always trust a dog over a human reaction in chance encounters.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It was probably just a dead guy checking out the place where his old body still is. They can control their density and so become visible to us when they have a reason to. And sometimes they realize, like this time, that they can be seen so they "poof". Don't be concerned. Quite natural. A ghost is what you saw. No biggie. The reason that old cemeteries have those iron fences around them is based on the belief that ghosts cannot cross the line to bother people. The fence keeps them in. But they can if they want. We usually just don't see them but they are all over the place if we only knew it.

Don't be concerned. I a person was nice in life he/she will be nice in life without body too. Life continues body or no body. Religion is wrong.

Of course it could also be total BS.
edit on 28-2-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Your theories are all interesting and I'm jotting everything down, Googling, and trying to find some peace. I actually feel better for having posted this and realizing that there are people whose first instinct is not to laugh at you. Thank you all for that.

I spoke with Linda earlier. That's the woman who was with her husband. I asked her to email me what she recalled and I asked her to inquire about any smells Mike may have encountered in the cemetery.

This is her email, posted with her permission:

"As promised I’m sending you the write up of what Mike and I witnessed. I haven’t told anyone about it really for fear of being laughed at. I’m just glad that you and Mike were there to see the same thing I did. Otherwise, I would feel the need to be committed somewhere.

We were stopped at the stop sign and I noticed movement on the right side of the road. I told Mike to wait because I thought it was a dog or something and Mike can’t drive worth anything and I was afraid he’d run it over. It came up out of the little ditch there and walked across the road about twenty feet (if that) in front of our truck. I don’t think it looked our way or noticed we were sitting there to be honest. To describe what it looked like I would say it was a little miniature Monk of some kind. It looked like a midget in a black robe. The robe/coat it had on looked to be heavy wool of some kind despite the temperature here not warranting such a heavy outerwear. It almost seemed to dance on its feet, too. It didn’t just walk like a human would walk. It kind of shifted and wobbled yet it was sure footed.

Mike said, “What the &&$^# is that thing!?”

I started to shake all over because it just felt so unnatural. I felt like it was either a little toddler that had been abandoned or a demon of some kind. That’s honestly what went through my head.

Mike rolled his window down and the thing didn’t appear to notice.

It walked into the cemetery and went around that big monument thing that is always decorated at Christmas.

I think that’s when your dog started to bark. The thing drew up to a stop and turned. We saw it turn towards our cars and Mike said, “Mother of God...” and started to pray. I was alternating between telling him to drive off and telling him to go see what it was at that point, I think.

It heard the dog and so did we and then the thing took off like a bullet.

Mike jumped out of the truck and ran up into the cemetery. I don’t know what he was thinking or why he did that. All the hairs were standing up on my neck and I started sweating like crazy. I had gotten out of the truck at some point too but I can’t remember when. I just remember feeling like Mike was going to die and that we weren't safe there. I've never felt so threatened in my life.

That's pretty much it. Mike said it basically vanished and when he got back in the truck he was sweating and we went home instead of to the grocery store. He just laid on the couch and I sat in the chair and neither of us spoke for a while. When we did talk about it it was to say that it was evil. Whatever it was it was evil and I know that all the way to my soul.

I asked Mike if he smelled anything up there. He won’t really talk about it much. He just shook his head no and walked off. I think he feels as mental as I do at this point. Oh, he took our fan out of our window and closed it off, locking it. We've had it in the window all winter because we're so hot natured. He's running the air instead now. He said he felt like something evil was outside the window the two nights after it happened and he couldn't sleep a wink.

I hope that’s all the information you needed.

Let me know if you find out anything.
Linda"

Again, thank you all for the suggestions, the support, and the kind words.

edit on 2/28/2011 by girl_interrupted because: I can't spell.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My first thought with you being in Georgia was a black bear walking on hind legs.....

But if it was wearing a hooded cloak then I guess it rules that out....unless it was a bear wearing a cloak...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I don't think it was a ghost, shadow person, or apparition. I think it was tangible since three people saw it, and the dog went crazy over it.

I'm leaning toward the EBE side of things; extraterrestrial-biological entities, Just my gut feeling. The "little bigfoot" one previous poster mentioned is very interesting. My brother claims he saw something like that in my grandmother's house when we were little (

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join