It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter I had with something.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by girl_interrupted
I'm sorry, y'all.

Spent the night in the ER. Had a pretty severe car accident. My best friend was driving and lost control. I now have a broken collarbone, 32 stitches, and my face is mangled because the airbag opened up.

I'm on pretty heavy narcotic medications so I'm not going to be able to update right away. I did get the chance to speak with my husband's coworker and will write that up as soon as I'm out of this sling. (Or I can make my husband type it all up while I dictate as I'm doing now. He's the typist. If there are typos it's all on him.)

I'm really sorry.

Please be patient with me.

Sorry to hear about the accident but pleased it was no worse ... that said I believe a broken collarbone is really painful (my son broke his mountain biking).

Take care and update when you feel better

Woody

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

Thank you for sharing that, I agree, you did a great job describing that.

That was definitely a strange experience and I think you made a few good hypothesis (plural ?
).

I hope with more research, we can make better sense of this, and learn something.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

I have seen it also as a child of five. Two to five times a week it would be at the end of the hallway of our house. I would go down the hall to my parent’s room and look he would be closer. I would hide, wait and check again. He would be even closer the next time I looked. I would try to hide under some blankets in the floor and not breathe so he could not see me move. The one I saw was a little over six feet tall. It had no eyes, hands or feet. Nothing was visible other than the robe. It went on for about two years until we moved. Some one had told me that they are nothing more than low-level entities that refuse to incarnate and they can do nothing more than scare you. There was no possible way for a physical being to come inside and outside of our home at will. In and out of dimensions who knows? I have seen them and I know they are real.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I read this account of yours a couple of days ago. At some point yesterday and earlier today I read someting that was strikingly similar. Unfortunately, I cannot recall where it was, but it must have been on ATS.

The being described was almost exactly as the thing you saw, hooded, about three-feet tall. It had long lower arms. It made some effort to communicate with the guy who had time to get his shotgun. But the being seemed not to be afraid of the gun, mimiced the guy shading his eyes with his hand, and the guy said the being telepathically said something such as, "I am like you." It walked away.

It that account was here on ATS, it would still be in the first and at least second row of New Topics. I'm sorry that I can't remember the exact thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I am usually quite skeptical when it comes to matters such as this, with no photo, and only the story. For what it's worth, I believe you. Maybe this is because of the approach that you have used to present this. Anyways, this is the image that came to my mind, when reading your OP. I am not trying to make a joke with this character. I am only trying to get a clear mental image. Was it similar to this?

lollll donkeyments, but it was and inter-dimensional entity that you seen in the graveyard that was able to manifest itself.
edit on 3-3-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WordsOnAPage

The Origin of the Grim Reaper
November 9, 2007 — Pat Bertram
It’s amazing to me the bits and pieces of information I collect while researching a book. Most of the information never ends up in the manuscript, but I keep the notes in case I ever find a use for them.

Yesterday somebody asked me if I had an Internet link to the origin of the grim reaper. I didn’t have the link, but I had something better: my notes.

According to William Bramley, author of The Gods of Eden: in 1559 in Brandenburg, Germany, there appeared fifteen men with “fearful faces and long scythes, with which they cut the oats, so that the swish could be heard at great distance, but the oats remained standing. The visit of these men was followed immediately by a severe outbreak of plague in Brandenburg. Were the ‘scythes’ long instruments designed to spray poison or germ-laden gases?

“Strange men in black, demons, and other terrifying figures were observed in other European communities carrying ‘brooms’ or ‘scythes’ or ‘swords’ that were used to sweep or knock at people’s doors. The inhabitants of these houses fell ill with plague afterwards. It is from these reports that people created the popular image of death as a skeleton, a demon, a man in a black robe carrying a scythe.”

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sounds like it was a shadow person to me.. Sucks that you got into that accident, hope you have a speedy recovery..
Waiting to hear what the wife of the man who went after the creature has to say about his behavior after this 'incident'.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear about your accident. Take care of your injuries and stay safe.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by girl_interrupted
I'm sorry, y'all.

Spent the night in the ER. Had a pretty severe car accident. My best friend was driving and lost control. I now have a broken collarbone, 32 stitches, and my face is mangled because the airbag opened up.

I'm on pretty heavy narcotic medications so I'm not going to be able to update right away. I did get the chance to speak with my husband's coworker and will write that up as soon as I'm out of this sling. (Or I can make my husband type it all up while I dictate as I'm doing now. He's the typist. If there are typos it's all on him.)

I'm really sorry.

Please be patient with me.

Thank you!

deeply sorry to hear this ~!! Seriously hope there's no connection.
(

2nd to be sure..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I dont want to sound rude or insensitive for what I'm about to say so just follow along with me. If this is the real deal, then I am sorry and hope you have a spead recovery. I have grown concerned with the course of this thread given the course of a lot of threads that have been posted in the last six months or so that tell some wide tale and promise evidence, then when the OP gets to the part where they are supposed to provide said evidence something happens and then they can't (for example NASA scientist in Europe, boy looking for his dead NASA father, at others that I can't remember).

Like I said I hope this isn't the case in this particular instance because I find this thread interesting and I have read most of it, but I don't want to see it go the way of the others with wild promises and then nothing. I'm sure I will catch hell for even bring this up...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

Thank you for explaining yourself before saying that,
, I too hope that is not the case; I am still keeping an eye on this thread and hope it will continue in the future.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

if i may, theliewelive, can i just point out the risk of antagonising this whatever it is? By all means investigate, i just urge it be done without ignorance of real danger

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2011 by ThomasHennessy because: started to rebuke muzzleflash, thought better of it- kind of like an athiest and a devout christian arguing the existance of god

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Seems like there is getting to be a softening of dimensional barriers or something.
I think a good sing for us is that it ..ran away...when spotted.
maybe the "little people" and such are on their way back into our world.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Your right. You shouldn't have posted it.

it always amazes me that some people read ATS "gray Area" and complain that people have stories to tell here that can't go anywhere else as they only have their word. I thought that is what this are is for and WHY do people uninterested in such stories READ IT and then complain?

Myself I would like to think if i see something or hear something mind boggling there is a place to share my experience if it happens, for those who are willing to listen without proof..even if they take it with a grain of salt.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just wondering how your doing OP? This thread sorta just died, but im still interested to see if you've found any other strange info, maybe from that old guy you talked about visiting? No need to rush just thought i'd ask and see if you've found out anything.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Whoa creepy story there G_I. It reminded me of a book I read by Mitchel Scanlon called Descent of Angels. In the book a Knight walking through a dark forest ran across a pack of 2 to 3 feet tall robed humaniod type creatures. They were called The Watchers and had some strange type psychic abilities. Crazy!
edit on 15-3-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What an incredible story! S&F!! Before I go further, I have to point out that I have not read the whole thread yet -- just the first 2 pages and some of the last (10th right now), so I still have to go back and catch up on everything. I just had to comment NOW...

girl_interrupted (OP): Either you are one amazing writer/storyteller, because you really struck a chord with my emotions just by reading about your encounter... or... you really DID see that bizarre "thing". I solidly believe in the latter! This really happened to you, and in the process, it freaked me out as well.

Second of all, I am so sorry to hear of your accident! That is horrible! Best wishes to you. Hopefully you recover without complications. Isn't it a little dose of strange irony or maybe a bit coincidental that you got into such a horrible accident right after seeing this creature? Was that "thing" an omen or a sign of some sorts? Maybe it's like the Mothman, in that it is usually seen before an accident or tragedy?

Anyhow, I'll go back and read thru this entire thread and definitely stay tuned for more. Get well soon.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Rshowtime because: add S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
just wondering if your still there op?? hopefully you've recovered from those injuries alright.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think the op has made their excuses and left. Why do people do this after piquing everyone's interest. If you have the strength to post straight after an accident then why can't you post now that everyone's asking after you. Hope i'm wrong about this.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join