It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea Prods North by Dropping Leaflets Telling of Mideast Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Not a Good Start

South Korea’s military has dropped leaflets on North Korea that tell of pro-democracy revolts in the Middle East with the intention of provoking a movement against Kim Jong Il’s regime, a South Korean lawmaker said.

The leaflets detail popular uprisings that toppled Egypt’s government and sparked a bloody crackdown in Libya, explaining that “a dictatorial regime is destined to collapse,” Song Yong Sun, a member of the National Assembly’s defense committee, said in an e-mailed statement today. The leaflets travel in balloons that distribute their cargo when they burst, according to her office.

Yet i bet it the uprisings are all nothing more then to set up a pro American governments in the middle east as for South Korea they claim that a dictatorial regime is destined to collapse yet amercia which is an empire is also set to

collapse.

I have feeling there will be a war in the koreas pretty soon we are starting out pretty bad.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It is funny how people have come to confuse the difference between what a dictatorship and democracy . Yes we do vote but it never seems to achieve nothing . Platforms that politicians seem to run on during elections rarely taken into action and more times than not they do the exact opposite. Maybe they should drop those leaflets here in the Where it is a privilege to be alive as long as you pay. It is a privilege for food and shelter as long as you pay. basic health care is a privilege as long as you pay. We have the freedom to choose who we want to marry as long as it is with the opposite sex in most places. We have the freedom to pay taxes or go to jail. We have the freedom to pay for car insurance and registration or get fined. This unrest need to be everywhere here in Canada there in the USA and across the Atlantic. Maybe with oil prices going up we might reach our breaking point here when we are no longer able to afford to drive to work to pay for our privileged lives. We all need to stand up for a better future for ourselves and our children. It sucks bad enough to have to have to clean up what these sell outs from the 60's and 70's . Time for change people time for change everywhere

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Amen my friend. I am in Canada also and I'm not liking how the current 'in-power' are licking Obama's balls. This # is really getting out of hand everywhere. I hope that things change in my lifetime... else, I hope I go down in a blaze of glory sooner rather than later. My brain and soul cannot handle much more of this insanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I would normally agree with some of the issues in this thread, but we need to be clear on what we are talking about.

The US is not a Democracy, its a Representative Republic, and beleive it or not their is a big difference between the 2.

As for S. Korea and the leaflets, can someone explain to me why its perfectly acceptable for North Korea to sink a warship, infiltrate special forces into the DMZ and hack an american officer to pieces, use mini subs to infilitrate N. Korean special forces into the South, continue trying to build tunnels under the DMZ to bypass for invasion, etcetcetc.

Why are we always so concerned over what S. Korea does, while at the same time ignore or worse, just accpet, the agression by the North?

Where do you draw the line? S. Korea has every right to run their own affairs, even if its contrary to what the US thinks. In this case, the resolve of the S. Koreans is pretty strong when it comes to dealing with the North. They are tired of the BS from the North, and from their reaction to the most recent shelling are fully prepared to accept a war to end the standoff once and for all.

The North can easily de-escalate the tension by giving up their nuclear weapons program and talk about the other issues. Instead they demand concessions, get their way, then go back to their old behavior. Its wash, rinse repeat, and has always worked in their favor.

The South is not the agressor here, the North is.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You watched to much mainstream news Buddie,

The South is not the aggressor here, the North is.

The south is the aggressor, north korea has every right to defend its nation, i would also assume you believe the media that during the war in Georgie back in 2008 you would also buy the media claims that the russians were
the aggressors? i think you need to wake up, and look into the truth on whose and whose.

America is no longer a Republic, nor a democratic country everyday people are losing there freedoms and yet you still stand with the government.

South korea acts as a puppet state for the united states, why you think S korea agrees to everything amercia says or does?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I would normally agree with some of the issues in this thread, but we need to be clear on what we are talking about.

The US is not a Democracy, its a Representative Republic, and beleive it or not their is a big difference between the 2.

Just to be clear, US is not what it used to be. It has turned into Empire, believe it or not.

As for S. Korea and the leaflets, can someone explain to me why its perfectly acceptable for North Korea to sink a warship, infiltrate special forces into the DMZ and hack an american officer to pieces, use mini subs to infilitrate N. Korean special forces into the South, continue trying to build tunnels under the DMZ to bypass for invasion, etcetcetc.

Why are we always so concerned over what S. Korea does, while at the same time ignore or worse, just accpet, the agression by the North?

Where do you draw the line? S. Korea has every right to run their own affairs, even if its contrary to what the US thinks. In this case, the resolve of the S. Koreans is pretty strong when it comes to dealing with the North. They are tired of the BS from the North, and from their reaction to the most recent shelling are fully prepared to accept a war to end the standoff once and for all.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that it has been SK (America) that has been the aggressor every time. NK is only responding. NK could not invade anything, let alone SK. NK knows this very well.

The North can easily de-escalate the tension by giving up their nuclear weapons program and talk about the other issues. Instead they demand concessions, get their way, then go back to their old behavior. Its wash, rinse repeat, and has always worked in their favor.

WHAT? These people have no electricity. Nuclear power helps them. Their nuclear weapons are virtually non-existant. Again, we could be reading the wrong truths (at least one of us it)... not sure which really. Logic would dictate that a mosquito does not sting a horse expecting victory.

The South is not the agressor here, the North is.

Like I said SK (America) are the agressors. However, any dictator must go... with this I agree. If you look at it thought... this is no-one's fault but the US. Do you know why Kim is the way he is? He is sick of the vanity, greet, corruption that he sees in the west. I'm not saying the ends justify the means... but i think he's doing all the wrong things for all the right reasons for what it may be worth.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think you have swallowed to much of the cool aid.. Go back to the cease fire between the South and the North and track events since then up until now.

When North Korean soldiers cross the DMZ, kill an American, then go back North its a problem.
When North Korea Torpedos a S. Korean Naval vessel, its a problem
WhenN. Korea attacks a S. Korean Island, its a problem.

Also, the North is the one who launched the invasion of the South, and even China has come out and supported that part of history. The war is not over, its just a cease fire, and the North has violated it many many times now.

What does Georgia and Russia have to do with the thread? I mean aside from your attempt to insinuate I have no clue as to whats going on in the world?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I am sure that North Korea is tired of the USA always meddling in their affairs . I know I am sick of the USA pushing their way around here stealing our resources. And once again the USA and the USA of south Korea are instigating conflict. I think both sides north and south both are just as guilty for instigating a fight. And besides USA is already busy losing two battles in the middle east I don't think they can afford 3 butt whoopings at once. People seem to forget china has a treaty to supply North Korea with any military support that is required so it is not just North Korea they are playing with here.

I find it rather sad that you think you live in the America that was founded look around you how do you not see you civil rights being slowly taken away as we ( Canada and the USA ) are turning into a police state. You have a funny view of what freedom and democracy is. What a shame

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I know I am sick of the USA pushing their way around here stealing our resources.

Nevermind... This line explains it all.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I find it rather sad that you think you live in the America that was founded look around you how do you not see you civil rights being slowly taken away as we ( Canada and the USA ) are turning into a police state. You have a funny view of what freedom and democracy is. What a shame

Wait are we together or not??
Or are you implying that canadians are more "AWAKE" than americans??

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzscapez

Wait can you read .. Where did I state Canadians are more aware I said we a heading down the same path as you into a police state. Where civil rights being taken away. So what are you talking about exactly

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Does it really explain everything. Clearly you watch to much fox news or cnn poor person cannot think for itself or even to make sense why things are why they are. But that is ok this does not surprise me very much from a person who thinks narrowly with blinders to only see what is told to them from the media. I understand you have no clue as to what and how your foreign policy works and the affects it has around the world.

Besides if North Korea wants to fight they will start a fight. Can you honestly say that the south did not provoke an attack on their ship you know this for sure.

new topics

top topics

join