It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darpa’s Cheetah-Bot Designed to Chase Human Prey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Right a mule. I could also see the intention for this in the vid, but rarely legs are better than tires or tracks.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
When the guy kicked the robot trying to knock it over, I was waiting for it to kick the guy back

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
I wish something like that would try to chase me down..

Really?

Try watching the Terminator movies and see if you still think that would be fun.
edit on 2/28/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

What part of "something like THAT" didn't you understand? Did I say anything about a fictional movie? No.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i really REALLY like the idea of the ` big dog ` robotic equipment carrier - and i want one

but i see any PRACTICAL application for ` cheatah bot ` being a long way off - the only advantage over a military trained german shepard dog i can envision is its inate reseistance to chemical weapons attack and local polutants

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Are these things susceptible to EMP's? I don't know, but technology like this should be outlawed or careful regulated. Gives me the creeps like somatic genetic re-engineering....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Lets hope that Watson doesn't get any bright idea's using this guy. SKY NET IS COMING and when it happens we will be S.O.L because the sentient computers would have seen the matrix and terminator and thusly they would create an air tight plan for world domination

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reminds me of the book Fahrenheit 451 by ray bradbury.
at the end the main character is chased by this eight legged dog machine.
it has i needle in its mouth and it tackles you and injects you with some crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
cheetah bot. thats cool. I want a real breathing,genius cheetah sidekick and count me in. forget that give me a liion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join