It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain might be Bush's last minute VP- NOT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Something occurred to me recently while noticing the unusual number of appearances John McCain is making on behalf of President Bush and VP Cheney. If you think about Cheney recently dismissing his long time doctor and McCain’s sudden die-hard support for the present administration, it makes one wonder whether there is a setup in the midst. Could Cheney announce retirement at the last minute before the convention (or election) on health grounds and President Bush select Senator McCain as the heir apparent? Helps President Bush with the swing votes and provides an easy-face-saving-out for Cheney. If done at the last minute, President Bush also gets a nice benefit from the ensuing bump of such announcements. Parading Senator McCain now makes such a decision later look more natural. Just feel like there is a plan here. Thoughts?

[edit on 17-7-2004 by loam]

[edit on 28-7-2004 by loam]

[edit on 29-8-2004 by loam]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thought I’d hunt around for more…

Found this…

www.freerepublic.com...

If Cheney knew for five years, why drop him now?

Then I found this…

politicalwire.com...

Looks like others thought the same….

What’s the possibility? I don’t know, but dropping Cheney from the ticket in this manner would be the *only* way it could happen without damaging Cheney or Bush in the process. “Sorry, guys, just not healthy enough for another four years…”

Cheney’s “last job” quote:

www.usatoday.com...

Hmmm?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There has been a lot of speculation about replacing Cheney, but I think the general consensus is that McCain is not an option. There is just too much animonsity between the two. Maybe Rudy, but I think they are going to stick with Cheney. It would confirm that Cheney is a liability if they dropped him now, it seems too late in the game.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Using a medical excuse would eliminate the “confirmation” that Cheney was a liability.

Here is an interesting analysis of other potential candidates….

www.newsmax.com...

I still think its odd, however, not that McCain endorses Bush, but the degree to which he has done so. Why has he participated so much in public Bush/Cheney events outside of Arizona? Endorsement is one thing. Active campaigning is quite another…

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
There has been a lot of speculation about replacing Cheney, but I think the general consensus is that McCain is not an option. There is just too much animonsity between the two. Maybe Rudy, but I think they are going to stick with Cheney. It would confirm that Cheney is a liability if they dropped him now, it seems too late in the game.

You are correct. McCain may be campaining for Bush, but I doubt he would be interested in the ticket. The only way Cheney will be replaced is if he is on a OR table getting a CABG or worse. Otherwise its a huge show of weakness by the Bush campaign.

McCain I think does not want to be "tainted" by being Bushes VP. Nor do I think it would give him a political advantage in 2008. He will do ads and apperances for Bush but thats it. I don't Rudy, nor Powell would do it either

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
well loam,

They can all blow me... Swing voters are people who aren't sure who to pick because they know both sides are full of it, no matter if they pick mcCain at the last minute i'm still voting libertarian or populist.....

They can allllllllll blow me!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Perhaps somewhat off topic, but given the current political climate, does a vote for libertarian or populist candidates amount to nothing more than an intellectual exercise?

A reading of all the various “conspiracies” on this board, whether true or not, suggests an underlying principle that behind-the-scenes “manipulators” operate within the constructs of existing social/economic/political systems. Presumably, this affords the serenity of cover to achieve any purpose with minimal opposition or open intervention. One can assume, then, that significant change is likely more easily and efficiently achieved by “the few” when they massage the mechanics of existing systems. Anything more dramatic requires the unlikely participation of the masses.

Intuitively, I think most people understand this…..evolution verses revolution…the tortoise and the hare…slow and steady wins the race…. Machiavelli…

McCain could use such a rationale to privately and personally justify his acceptance of the ticket...

[edit on 18-7-2004 by loam]

[edit on 18-7-2004 by loam]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Looks like one way or another Cheney's out....

entertainment.tv.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Bush would have a fatal bike or pretzel "accident" before President Cheney goes.

And it wouldn't surprise me a bit, if Bush up and dies after winning the election. Whether planned, staged or sincerely just drowning on his own vomit like a turkey staring at the rain.

Cheney won't die. The undead are funny that way.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Looks like one way or another Cheney's out....
entertainment.tv.yahoo.com...

And you say this because:

"It's Rudy's if he wants it," a close source told The ENQUIRER.

Next people will be relying on Drudge's "unamed sources".

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ATSNN on topic....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join