It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Time (Christian End Time site) speaks of Elenin, Planet X, and ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am a Christian and visit ATS daily along with other sites such as The End Time. This article was posted today and has several references to ATS that are interesting. Most importantly the last paragraph lists popular forum subjects and their references in the Bible.

There is a dust-up about Comet Elenin between the Government science sites and the conspiracy fringe sites that I think is pretty interesting. As always, the truth lays somewhere in between.

The End Time

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pintobean

Can you take a clip from the website that specifically mentions ATS or does it just mention conspiracy sites...I'm not looking to increase the hits on some website for the heck of it...thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I like that the blog lists wikipedia as a reliable website, what a joke.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

My point here is two fold. The Astrobiologist said that people should not depend on conspiracy sites like abovetopsecret for their information, but dependable sites like Wikipedia. Wikipedia? Really?? I about choked on my corn flakes when I read that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

It is actually ask an astrobiologist (David Morrison, nasa) that states that wiki is a dependable site on that blog, and it is also ask an astrobiologist that mentioned ATS....

Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision. If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

The blog linked in the OP is asking are they serious....

My point here is two fold. The Astrobiologist said that people should not depend on conspiracy sites like abovetopsecret for their information, but dependable sites like Wikipedia. Wikipedia? Really?? I about choked on my corn flakes when I read that. Wikipedia is just as liberally biased as any site, so biased, that Conservapedia, an English-language wiki project written from an American conservative Christian point of view was created to present more accurate information than Wikipedia.

It leaves me asking the same thing really, why would people working for nasa need to consult wiki.....odd.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fetidchimp

The same reason Michael Scott from Dunder Mifflin relies on wikipedia...reliable information of course

great clipMichael Scott
edit on 27-2-2011 by chrismarco because: error

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
isnt wiki linked to other websites that contain the proof? so it's like taking opinions from a bunch of sites and summarizing what they have to say about a specific subject.

so i think it's unfair that ppl attack wiki, when they should be attacking the websites that wiki gets its info from.

edit; just saying it's a bit like attacking science when the attack should be focused on the scientists that are presenting the claim.
edit on 27-2-2011 by vjr1113 because: more to say

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There N.A.S.A lol,,, you don't think they know how too pinpoint an IPADRESS ? please, lol give me a little of that funding I'll ring your doorbell in half an hour too, well maybe an hour,, lol.
Of course they follow anyone who watched the live Temple 1 nasa cam,,,,which was available on this ATS site,,
cool

Well done too everyone who watched. and commented

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I thought it was hilarious that the Astrobiologist said "don't rely on ATS, rely on reliable sites like Wikipedia or NASA...LOL!!! Not. Sorry.

In the blog it said: "The popular blog Death By A Thousand Paper Cuts published a list of the top 80 alternative news-gathering sites on the net. Abovetopsecret and godlikeproductions- the two sites that the Astrobiologist chided us for reading, were in the top five. What does that tell you. The very fact he mentioned the conspiracy sites lets us know that citizen-led journalism is often-times truer than government or corporation-led news media, and likely really getting on the government's nerves..."

I think the point of the essay was that no one really trusts government and corporate media any more, hence the popularity of unadorned peoples' journalism/discussion sites like this.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Dread Pirate Roberts because: typos

top topics

join