It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugly US medical experiments uncovered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have friends that went to Vietnam to fight, they were given injections by army docs, they were told that they were getting vaccines to protect them from tropical diseases. Well years later as it turns out what those army doctors injected into them made them sterile. Apparently years later they were compensated, but that still doesn't make up for how they ruined these men's lives.

ATLANTA (AP) - Shocking as it may seem, U.S. government doctors once thought it was fine to experiment on disabled people and prison inmates. Such experiments included giving hepatitis to mental patients in Connecticut, squirting a pandemic flu virus up the noses of prisoners in Maryland, and injecting cancer cells into chronically ill people at a New York hospital. Much of this horrific history is 40 to 80 years old, but it is the backdrop for a meeting in Washington this week by a presidential bioethics commission. The meeting was triggered by the government's apology last fall for federal doctors infecting prisoners and mental patients in Guatemala with syphilis 65 years ago. U.S. officials also acknowledged there had been dozens of similar experiments in the United States - studies that often involved making healthy people sick. An exhaustive review by The Associated Press of medical journal reports and decades-old press clippings found more than 40 such studies. At best, these were a search for lifesaving treatments; at worst, some amounted to curiosity-satisfying experiments that hurt people but provided no useful results.

apnews.myway.com...

It seems that after world war two, the powers that be incorporated Nazi practices in their own country.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

S+F I thought that they would have learned a bit from what happened to the people over at unit 731.. But I guess they cant help themselves when they aren't the ones who are suffering.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm convinced most Nazi scientists whether it's military research or medical went to either the soviets or the US. Those who were not captured were probably picked up by the Israelis later on down the road. Trust me, the only thing the gov is sorry about is being caught.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Who in the hell in their right mind would knowingly do this to another human being????? It seems that whoever does this crap is seriosly messed up and has no moral compass( whatever that may be). I can't believe people still trust the doctors, the hospitals and health depts. After MKULTRA and MKPAPERCLIP I really find it hard to take OTC tylenol wondering what kind of "extras" I am getting with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
I have friends that went to Vietnam to fight, they were given injections by army docs, they were told that they were getting vaccines to protect them from tropical diseases. Well years later as it turns out what those army doctors injected into them made them sterile. Apparently years later they were compensated, but that still doesn't make up for how they ruined these men's lives.

ATLANTA (AP) - Shocking as it may seem, U.S. government doctors once thought it was fine to experiment on disabled people and prison inmates. Such experiments included giving hepatitis to mental patients in Connecticut, squirting a pandemic flu virus up the noses of prisoners in Maryland, and injecting cancer cells into chronically ill people at a New York hospital. Much of this horrific history is 40 to 80 years old, but it is the backdrop for a meeting in Washington this week by a presidential bioethics commission. The meeting was triggered by the government's apology last fall for federal doctors infecting prisoners and mental patients in Guatemala with syphilis 65 years ago. U.S. officials also acknowledged there had been dozens of similar experiments in the United States - studies that often involved making healthy people sick. An exhaustive review by The Associated Press of medical journal reports and decades-old press clippings found more than 40 such studies. At best, these were a search for lifesaving treatments; at worst, some amounted to curiosity-satisfying experiments that hurt people but provided no useful results.

apnews.myway.com...

It seems that after world war two, the powers that be incorporated Nazi practices in their own country.

Pales in comparison to the atrocities the Japanese Imperial Army committed. Comfort women, bizarre vivisection and medical experimentation, bio chem warfare experimentation.

They gave a scumbag syphilis - oh no.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
Who in the hell in their right mind would knowingly do this to another human being????? It seems that whoever does this crap is seriosly messed up and has no moral compass( whatever that may be). I can't believe people still trust the doctors, the hospitals and health depts. After MKULTRA and MKPAPERCLIP I really find it hard to take OTC tylenol wondering what kind of "extras" I am getting with it.

We might consider the possibility that they weren't/aren't Human...

I'm not making the claim that they aren't - just offering a possibility to concider.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

That's nice deflection there and this....

Everything else mentioned in the article and you choose that one thing that doesn't include US citizens to mention.

This is disgusting imo. People in positions of authority over others treating them like animals. This went on in many so called civilized nations at the time, including my own. Disgusting.
edit on 27-2-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Suprised have you ever looked up the info about orphanages where the children were fed oatmeal that was tained with radiation..it's all too much to take in at times..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Everything else mentioned in the article and you choose that one thing that doesn't include US citizens to mention.

This is disgusting imo. People in positions of authority over others treating them like animals. This went on in many so called civilized nations at the time, including my own. Disgusting.

Well, they 'injected cancer cells into sick people in a NY hospital', for example im sure has way more to the story then just what the headline reads, and I highly doubt theres anything substantial to support an outlandish claim like the U.S. military contracted those doctors to conduct illegal, covert medical experimentation on unknowing patients. Im not saying the U.S. gov doesnt have its skeletons, but this sounds like research with bad results. People volunteer for these things all the time and if youre faced with an impending demise like that of fighting cancer or HIV/AIDS you would probably want to be the first in line for the next experiment that could cure you of your fate. Just saying.. a lot worse things then getting a case of syphilis.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Secularist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue

There will always be those that want to put trust in their government thinking that they will always act in the best interest of the people. I think there will always be a few of those, that want to have faith in the people that they elect.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist

apnews.myway.com...

Pales in comparison to the atrocities the Japanese Imperial Army committed. Comfort women, bizarre vivisection and medical experimentation, bio chem warfare experimentation.

Really when you look at the whole picture, 99 percent of those who are in power commit atrocities against their own people as well as other countries people.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by agentblue

Suprised have you ever looked up the info about orphanages where the children were fed oatmeal that was tained with radiation..it's all too much to take in at times..

Or the Native Americans who were given blankets that were contaminated with Small Pox.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Well, they 'injected cancer cells into sick people in a NY hospital', for example im sure has way more to the story then just what the headline reads, and I highly doubt theres anything substantial to support an outlandish claim like the U.S. military contracted those doctors to conduct illegal, covert medical experimentation on unknowing patients. Im not saying the U.S. gov doesnt have its skeletons, but this sounds like research with bad results. People volunteer for these things all the time and if youre faced with an impending demise like that of fighting cancer or HIV/AIDS you would probably want to be the first in line for the next experiment that could cure you of your fate. Just saying.. a lot worse things then getting a case of syphilis.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Secularist because: (no reason given)

It's a totally different situation if you volunteer for medical research or trials, you knowingly do it. When on the other hand they do it to you either without your knowledge, or under false pretenses telling you that you need to be vaccinated to protect you from viruses, or diseases. The ideology comes with the excuse, for the good of the whole we can sacrifice a few.
Nobody wants to believe that there are doctors, scientist, biologist, etc. and leaders out there that would succumb to terrible things like this, but sad to say it does go on to this day.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Japan Investigates Alleged Site of World War II Human Experiments

english.ntdtv.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

apnews.myway.com...

Really when you look at the whole picture, 99 percent of those who are in power commit atrocities against their own people as well as other countries people.

Can you please get real with the 99%?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

apnews.myway.com...

Can you please get real with the 99%?

If you don't think that's a real summation, than can you give an example?
Let me put it this way then, 99 percent of the time throughout history those in power commit atrocities against their own people as well as to other countries.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The Ethics of using medical data from Nazi experiments:

www.jlaw.com...

Medical experiments in Israel:

www.guardian.co.uk...

US & Israel conducts Nazi style experiments on Israeli children:

www.davidicke.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
it can resolve throuth law.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Um ..... no. As bad as 731 was, they could not hold a candle to US/Soviet experiments. We had (and have) some seriously sick puppies in our government.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Human Vivisection was practiced pre Nazi era. Here's a page on the experiments: www.naturalnews.com...

(1895) New York pediatrician Henry Heiman infects a 4-year-old boy whom he calls "an idiot with chronic epilepsy" with gonorrhea as part of a medical experiment ("Human Experimentation: Before the Nazi Era and After"). Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join