It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Catch a Ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Found this interesting article on the internet.

How to Catch a Ghost

There may be many reasons for wanting to catch a ghost. Personal glory, proof of the paranormal, insecurity, or just ending an annoyance. But how do you go about it?

Steps

1. Know your type of ghost. Different types of ghosts have different characteristics, and thus need different treatment for control over these entities. This will affect the basic equipment you use.

* Poltergeists - Can be recognized by their habits of moving things around at very inconvenient times, sometimes to make a nuisance of themselves. Some more rowdy poltergeists have been known to throw things at people and make loud wailing noises. These generally have a solid form, while being able to move through objects at other times. Poltergeists tend to have an inability to move through glass, which is incidentally their weapon of choice.

* Apparitions - Momentarily apparent spectres, often used as couriers of religious messages. They are docile and generally elective mutes, choosing to spread their message by leading their viewer to various cryptic clues. They are usually translucent. The only known way of catching an apparition is through divine powers. If you are regularly visited by an apparition then you probably possess the divine powers to capture one, knowingly or not.

* Doppelgängers - These are solid beings which usually have the ability to take the shape of any person or animal they choose. While effectively being impossible to find visually, they are easily spotted by their bad temper, love for causing misery and their low level of intelligence. These can be trapped using any solid trap.

* Gjengangers - Commonly found in northeast Europe, gjengangers take on a solid, corporeal form, allowing them to be easily caught. These return to the realms of the living to take revenge on people who tormented them when they were alive, and are best left to their own devices.

* Spirits - A lost part of the soul, wandering the earth aimlessly after death. Unlike most forms of ghost, these have a limited lifespan. They are, however, far more difficult to catch. Only blessed or magical objects can be used to catch spirits.

* Phantoms - Generally formed from the remains of people who have disappeared mysteriously. In their solid form they can be trapped by anything solid, however they are very intelligent and are stronger than the average human, making them somewhat difficult to capture. They tend to follow their single cause almost blindly.

* Spooks - These are hybrid entities, part Doppelgänger & Phantom. For purposes of creating fright, they take on the characteristics of various "mythical" creatures. Elf's , Big Foot's , Leprechauns , Gargoyles ,Jackalope's and other fantastical anomalies fall into this category. Spooks are very elusive and almost impossible to trap . Shoot on sight if you wish to posses the physical body of a Spook.

2. Obtain the object needed to trap your ghost.

3. Find several objects or people that were important to the ghost while the ghost was alive. Ghosts usually remain recognizable after death by their physical (if some-what insubstantial) features, voice or characteristics.

4. Place the objects within the trap.

5. When there are signs that your ghost is inside, seal the trap off using more of your ghost-proof material.

Tips

* Keep holy water near by in case your spectre turns nasty. Holy water kills most ghosts.

* Be prepared to act quickly, especially against poltergeists.

* Stay in large groups. Many ghosts enjoy picking on loners.

* Some ghosts leave a trail of gooey cytoplasm. Watch out for it, it may tell you where your ghost is, and can sometimes be used to find out more about your ghost.

Warnings

* Ghosts are dangerous. Store in a safe place.

* Be careful not to trap a soul on its way to the afterlife. The soul is the everlasting part of a person, and as such can have catastrophic consequences on those that try to catch them.

* Never try to possess a ghost by going into an induced trance. The ghost will have much more experience at being out of its body than you, and will undoubtedly overpower you. The ghost may even possess your vacated body. You may also find it difficult to relocate your body and all of your mind.

Things You'll Need

* Holy water.

* Possessions belonging to the ghost.

* A container of the appropriate size made from varying ghost-proof material.

* Firearm ( see Spook above )

* Patience.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

How do I know that is not an alien? Explain how ghosts and aliens can be identified please.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm guessing you've caught many-a-ghost in your time then? So what do you do with them after you've caught them? Make them race eachother in a sand ring?
edit on 27-2-2011 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Good point. Both ghosts and aliens exist on a slightly higher vibrational level, out of our normal vision. Bigfoot is even reported to have ET connections. I disagree with being able to capture them at all, unless shooting a physical specimen, which wouldn't amount to much. These beings have the upper hand at being able to shift densities at will, especially the smarter ones such as gnomes, elves, bigfoot, aliens, etc. Their timing is always right, they can sense thoughts/feelings and even manipulate them.

By the way... gnomes, elves, fairies, etc are part of the elemental kingdom which is different and I would say benevolent.

I also must disagree and say that ghosts and poltergeists are nonphysical and usually thoughtforms. These are massive amounts of psychic energy from traumatic events that get stored in a certain location. They can have a purpose and effect environments or people. Humans can create willingly create thoughtforms it just takes proper technique, visualization,and concentration. Powerful chi or orgone machines help.

The dimensional barriers are thinning at an ever increasing rate, so it's hard to even classify things. These days anything is possible and physical phenomena is on the rise big time.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Could you tell me if this is a ghost and what type it might be:

As soon as I lay down for the night start to hear noises come from all over my room and nearby areas of the house. I hear creaks in the walls, ceiling and floors. Sometimes footsteps from the other side of the wall. I'll hear my TV make a strange noise as though someone is trying to move it. I hear what sounds like things being moved on my desk, although when I turn on the light everything seems to be as I left it. I thought that at least some of this could be attributed to mice because I have had a rodent problem recently. I tested this by leaving small pieces of food in areas where I would hear the noises but when I wake up in the morning I notice that they have been undisturbed. I've never heard voices or seen any sort of apparition.

The other night I tried taking pictures in the areas where I would hear a noise. Everything was entirely quiet while I had the camera on. I took a lot of pictures anyway and there was nothing unusual about them. I've been paying close attention during the day, and I'm not hearing anything strange. The noises are really chaotic and numerous which is why I am suspicious.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I'm not a paranormal investigator, but they would say your "noise" problems are probably attributed to plumbing, foundation shifting, weather and possible creatures.

Even in the most haunted locations, sounds are heard but they're usually not as severe as the activity you describe.

You would best document the issue with video or digital recorder to prove if it's paranormal.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

* Keep holy water near by in case your spectre turns nasty. Holy water kills most ghosts.

Can you actually kill a ghost?

top topics

join