It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Visitation Smells and Smiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have finally plucked up the courage to share my one experience that has stayed with me since childhood.

Before I start I would just like to say that I consider myself sane normal and nothing out of the ordinary. I accept what happened 100% and I understand that there may well be logical explanation for this.

I am now in my 40's, I work for the government (Nothing Clandestine) and I have a very broad high level of education in a large array of subjects as well as being an accomplished Photographer. I consider myself to be spiritual and open minded. I do believe in life outside this world and I am certainly not ashamed to admit that. I have had a normal up bringing in a supportive family environment along with my twin brother. I have never suffered any childhood trauma.

My Experience

I recall that I must have been around 5-6 years of age and I was lying in my bed alone in my room.
I suddenly saw the edge of the curtain move upward in front of me as if someone had taken hold of the fabric between finger and thumb and pulled it upward.

I remember at first feeling intrigued and unsure of what I was seeing.

Then again the edge of the curtain pulled up and outward rather like pulling a mans hankie halfway out of his breast pocket on a suit.

I started to feel frightened and remembered a very distinct aroma in the room.

Now this is where it starts to sound a bit strange but hey here goes!

I then saw a small figure sliding up and down the edge of the curtain. The figure was small around 6" or so and it was smiling at me and teasing me by continually pulling the edge of the curtain upward.

I remember being absolutely being frozen to my bed. I couldn't move, shout, talk, cry...Nothing.

This small Creature thing was deliberately grinning at me and teasing is the only way I can describe it. I have a vague thought that it jumped onto my bed or bedside cupboard but this is a very vague and uncertain thought.

The event lasted for a few minutes as I recall but oddly it happened again a few years later in exactly the same way and that same distinct smell and....I don't know how to explain this part.....But almost like a puzzle in my head of certain micro events that make it happen.... But what these are I have no idea.

As I have grown into an adult sometimes I can sense or smell this aroma and puzzle almost like deja vou but as quick as it comes it seems to fade.
I have never seen this thing as an adult but it is always there right at the back of my mind.

One of the only things as an adult that instantly reminded me of 'IT' was when I was a teenager. I saw some twilight zone film where this creature thing was on the outside of an aircraft looking in at a frightened man inside. The thing went on to destroy the planes engine but it was all in his imagination.

Now what I saw wasn't as big as that but boy did it jolt my memory something rotten.

Since then I have found that I have a few gifts in the spiritual world but nothing I would say was amazing.

I often wonder if I was ill in bed as a child and it could have been my temperature causing hallucinations but my Mother can't recall but she remembers me talking about the 'Little Man".

Well that's it...Nothing amazing or wildly strange but I have never heard anyone else with a similar experience.

It could well have been an overactive childhood mind but wow is that smell distinct even though I can never describe it. That almost puzzle feeling too like a series of small events also takes me right back there, however even those I can't describe but boy do I know what they feel like instantly.

Well that's my madness shared for the world lol but on a serious note does anyone have any experience of similar or heard of anything?

edit on 27-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Do you recall the aroma? was it earthy, or organic almost?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

You know It's so hard to describe. Organic yes and almost chemical. I have smelt it a few times as an adult but as fast as it comes it goes again. When I do smell it I instanly feel uncertain and frightened almost as if there is a presence nearby but nothing more than that. Perhaps that part is just a childhood throw back so to speak.

edit on 27-2-2011 by studio500 because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Organic, Or earthy aromas I have come to find out are often associated with alien abduction cases..I did some research into this about a year ago.. trying to make since of a strange incident I experienced a few years back (nothing like what you have described).

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I do however get the feeling that this thing was male... I don't know why but I do.

Can I also request and I'll put it in capitals for emphasis

PLEASE IF YOU FIND THE TWILIGHT EPISODE "THING", DON'T POST IT HERE.

I ask that simply out of respect because that image still upsets me .... Why I have no idea.
I can watch any horror movie under the sun and never blink....I have walked into very old derelict buildings in the middle of the night alone and I never feel frightened..etc etc I just don't like that one image.

Thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I do however get the feeling that this thing was male... I don't know why but I do.

Can I also request and I'll put it in capitals for emphasis

PLEASE IF YOU FIND THE TWILIGHT EPISODE "THING", DON'T POST IT HERE.

I ask that simply out of respect because that image still upsets me .... Why I have no idea.
I can watch any horror movie under the sun and never blink....I have walked into very old derelict buildings in the middle of the night alone and I never feel frightened..etc etc I just don't like that one image.

Thanks in advance

It must have been very traumatic for you. Children are known to see other deminisions and the mocking of your fear would be the personality of one of those "beings."

I don't mean to sound like a Jesus freak and hurt you in any way. But He does have power over the creatures of that dimension and if you call on Him and order the thing away in His name, it has to leave you. The only reason I share this with you is because it has worked for me. You might want to get rid of this.

You are a creature of God's dimension and His creation. These things are not supposed to be messing with His people. God is very possessive about that - you are His and not to be messed with.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Organic, Or earthy aromas I have come to find out are often associated with alien abduction cases..I did some research into this about a year ago.. trying to make since of a strange incident I experienced a few years back (nothing like what you have described).

You know I had never even considered that but for as far back as I can remember I have been certain of other life beyond our own world.

The smell though....Arrrgghhh it's so irritating that I can't describe it yet know it in a millisecond. It's nothing that I smell on a day to day basis for years on end and believe me I get into some places with my job. It just comes out of nowhere yet strikes dread into me ...Sounds so silly I know but I do know that it's not my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Hi Sara123

You know Mocking is exactly how I would describe its manner, almost taunting also as it slid up and down. The tugging of the fabric I now think was to get my attention but even to this day I question why....what was the purpose other than to mock a child?

It's grin was large but so large it was ..well unbearable if you can understand me? Like a gremlin/critter grin that was smiling yet deceitful and maleviolent at the same time. I was petrified but could not move a single muscle let alone shout.

I keep telling myself it was an hallucination as it's the only logical answer I can give it but deep inside me...deep deep down I know it's there...always.
That's the part that I find hard to rationalize as an adult in a high profile position.

I know it doesn't make sense, I know to some it sounds like the rantings of the crazy brigade but I also know what I experienced.

If I can tell it to go away and it goes then great I will be so happy but I only experience it's presence once in perhaps years and my last sensory feeling was around 3 weeks ago but it lasted perhaps 3-4 seconds and as quick as it came it went.

PS sorry for the long replies everyone but I guess I'm just unloading....I've only ever discussed this with my immediate family. Feels like theres a lot to get out.

Off to work for a while

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Consider yourself to be a blessed person if the only thing that gets under your skin is a miniature creature of questionable existence from nearly three decades ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Nothing like that but a bunch of buddies and I were hanging out in an area that was pretty mucha abandoned..there was a emptied salt water pool that we hung out nex to..the area was covered by weeds and tall grass and it was about a 200 feet from the begining of a rocky beach..one evening around 9:30 during the summer time we were haning out there..believe it or not my friend use to feed a skunk back there by hand which was weird enough..anyway we talked for a bit but I kept having a very akward feeling and out of the left of my eye I would see a large shadow move slightly and it was almost a rounded shape but low...finally I got a better glimpse of what was moving and I told my friends to shoosh and they did...as I looked into the weeds and darkness this thing moved again but it moved like a giant crab in the sense that it shuffled sideways..as I continued to look it moved towards us almost oval shaped with dark spots underneath it and I would have gathered it was around 4-5 feet across...one of my friends did acknowledge something moving and we ran like hell out of there. It honestly bothers me to this day and I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it..no idea what it was and I can't say that what you had witnessed was alien but it may have been some type of earthbound creature...who the heck knows but both stories are now creeping me out..the image for some reason always reminded me of a scene from Nightmare on Elm Street when Freddy's arm were stretching to each sides of the alley but you couldn't see his face or the colors of his clothing...yeeeshhh...seeing something in my room as a five year old tugging on my curtains were certainly made me cry and never sleep alone..great story

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I may have experienced something like that when I was about 8, and in bed with measles. Maybe. I remember a small 'thing' flying around my room... It looked like one of my mother's white gloves!
(Yes, I am old enough that I was a child when women wore gloves and hats on formal occassions.
I stress that I don't remember much except that it might have spoken to me, words that made no sense. I told Mum but she thought it was a fever dream, which it may well have been! Thanks be to God, I have never seen or heard it since...
Our house was 100+ years old, maybe a bit haunted?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by sara123123

Hi Sara123

You know Mocking is exactly how I would describe its manner, almost taunting also as it slid up and down. The tugging of the fabric I now think was to get my attention but even to this day I question why....what was the purpose other than to mock a child?

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense logically that something like this would want to mess with a kid, But that's exactly what they do. They prey on little impressionable kids because they are malevolent and have no feelings of remorse. They come strictly to cause fear and fear of a type that will have lifelong effects. Doing this to a small child is the only way to get that kind of effect. If they first came to you as an adult do you think it would have caused this much pain to you throughout your life?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

"If I can tell it to go away and it goes then great I will be so happy but I only experience it's presence once in perhaps years and my last sensory feeling was around 3 weeks ago but it lasted perhaps 3-4 seconds and as quick as it came it went."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is important to remember that I said that it must go away when you call on Jesus' power to make it go away. We don't have the power to make it go away.

So get close to the Holy Spirit that walks with you in life and talk to Jesus about it from your heart (pray) and ask him to protect you from such creatures and dark forces. Stick close to him. Then, whenever you sense this darkness (or need help with anything), you will have an internal and spiritual connection to the power of God to automatically move into.

I think this is the end of days and during this time spiritual battles for the souls of people will heat up. Count yourself blessed to know what is what in this area of life. Many do not have a clue of the nature of what spiritual entities are present and pushing them. So you are fortunate in this knowledge.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

"If I can tell it to go away and it goes then great I will be so happy but I only experience it's presence once in perhaps years and my last sensory feeling was around 3 weeks ago but it lasted perhaps 3-4 seconds and as quick as it came it went."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is important to remember that I said that it must go away when you call on Jesus' power to make it go away. We don't have the power to make it go away.

So get close to the Holy Spirit that walks with you in life and talk to Jesus about it from your heart (pray) and ask him to protect you from such creatures and dark forces. Stick close to him. Then, whenever you sense this darkness (or need help with anything), you will have an internal and spiritual connection to the power of God to automatically move into.

I think this is the end of days and during this time spiritual battles for the souls of people will heat up. Count yourself blessed to know what is what in this area of life. Many do not have a clue of the nature of what spiritual entities are present and pushing them. So you are fortunate in this knowledge.

For me my connection would be with the Holy Spirit and being a Spiritualist my faith in the Bible is somewhat limited but I do certainly have faith so I will follow your suggestions and appreciate your reply very much.

The sanity portion of me keeps suggesting that it may have been hallucinations due to fever.
However I then wonder if we can also hallucinate smells as that smell is so very rare in my life yet distinct when it comes and the fact that it keeps on coming. Years apart yes but it always comes. Glad to say though that I have never seen the entity since.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
I may have experienced something like that when I was about 8, and in bed with measles. Maybe. I remember a small 'thing' flying around my room... It looked like one of my mother's white gloves!
(Yes, I am old enough that I was a child when women wore gloves and hats on formal occassions.
I stress that I don't remember much except that it might have spoken to me, words that made no sense. I told Mum but she thought it was a fever dream, which it may well have been! Thanks be to God, I have never seen or heard it since...

Sounds very similar to mine Vicky apart from what it was and yes I think mine was saying something but nothing that I could understand.
Was there any smell that you can recall?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Nothing like that but a bunch of buddies and I were hanging out in an area that was pretty mucha abandoned..there was a emptied salt water pool that we hung out nex to..the area was covered by weeds and tall grass and it was about a 200 feet from the begining of a rocky beach..one evening around 9:30 during the summer time we were haning out there..believe it or not my friend use to feed a skunk back there by hand which was weird enough..anyway we talked for a bit but I kept having a very akward feeling and out of the left of my eye I would see a large shadow move slightly and it was almost a rounded shape but low...finally I got a better glimpse of what was moving and I told my friends to shoosh and they did...as I looked into the weeds and darkness this thing moved again but it moved like a giant crab in the sense that it shuffled sideways..as I continued to look it moved towards us almost oval shaped with dark spots underneath it and I would have gathered it was around 4-5 feet across...one of my friends did acknowledge something moving and we ran like hell out of there. It honestly bothers me to this day and I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it..no idea what it was and I can't say that what you had witnessed was alien but it may have been some type of earthbound creature...who the heck knows but both stories are now creeping me out..the image for some reason always reminded me of a scene from Nightmare on Elm Street when Freddy's arm were stretching to each sides of the alley but you couldn't see his face or the colors of his clothing...yeeeshhh...seeing something in my room as a five year old tugging on my curtains were certainly made me cry and never sleep alone..great story

I know what you mean by the creeped out feeling and goosebumps. What you saw sounds pretty large. Do you ever go through the scenario of I wish I had done this or that or something different or was you just glad to get away?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Sounds very similar to mine Vicky apart from what it was and yes I think mine was saying something but nothing that I could understand.
Was there any smell that you can recall?

No, no smell that I can recall! I do know that my Mum's gloves freaked me out for years to come, and so did/do birds... (small flying noisy things!)
Vicky

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I know this will probably sounds far fetched, but I believe there are entities that feed on our emotions, especially fear, anger and grief.

Those entities can "trigger" bad memories and feed on your emotionnal response. Basicaly, they are stealing your energy when you are afraid, upset, or sad. I believe this "entity" made you afraid when you were a child (in a state of sleep paralysis) and is now using that memory in order to steal energy from you.

You can read more about those entities here: thepresenceportal.com...

Hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge
I know this will probably sounds far fetched, but I believe there are entities that feed on our emotions, especially fear, anger and grief.

Those entities can "trigger" bad memories and feed on your emotionnal response. Basicaly, they are stealing your energy when you are afraid, upset, or sad. I believe this "entity" made you afraid when you were a child (in a state of sleep paralysis) and is now using that memory in order to steal energy from you.

You can read more about those entities here: thepresenceportal.com...

Hope that helps!

The Dementors from Harry Potter (I am reading Book 7 of that series right now...) That's exactly what they do, and it makes me wonder if JK Rowling actually saw one?
V.

top topics

join